Write an essay on any one of the following topics, in not more than 2500 words. (250 marks)
- Indian Subcontinent benefited more than it lost from the British Colonization. (Ref This IE column)
- Entrepreneurship, civil society, education and youth – the four antidotes to violence. (Obama @UNGA)
- Peace – Not merely the absence of war, but the presence of a better life. (Obama @UNGA)
- What should today’s politicians learn from yesteryear leaders? (Seminar topic)
- Can Voluntarism be a supplement to effective governance? (Context: Modi bashers raising this question to criticize his every move of involving citizens.)
- Is the Personification of Power eroding democracy? (Context: same as above + TN protests over Jayalalitha arrest.)
- Indian political system will not be beneficial to people unless it is made free from caste, religion and money.
- Good conduct cannot be engendered automatically through deterrence and punishment. [Context: SC guideline on police encounters; senior citizen protection law, yet family abandon them- “hidden euthanasia”; gutka-cigar at public places, traffic rule violation, women dignity on tv and media-Dipika episode and so on.]
- Culture determines the boundaries to which a society can progress.
- In an age of equality, the same law should be applicable to both men and women. (Katju on need for uniform civil code.)
- Are Government schemes and monetary incentives viable tools for Social transformation? (Ref: This IE column– If a Government has to pay society to stop female infanticide and open defecation- it means the only reason to do even the right thing= is money.)
- The true source of political legitimacy is popular will. (Ref: This Hindu column. But he is fixated over just one argument- J&K flood relief)
- Only Gandhi’s philosophy can ensure the betterment of the villages and the poor.
- Preserving Mahatma Gandhi’s teachings and values is the biggest challenge of Modern India.
- World needs Mahatma’s ideas more than ever today. (Sushma- context rising tide of fanaticism, ethnic nationalism, terrorism and disease.)
- Does today’s youth have the courage and strength of mind to follow Gandhi?
- Is Gandhi still relevant today?
- A lot can be done to further the ideal of cleanliness without wielding the broom.
- Quit India was a mass movement. Clean India should be too.(Modi)
- Is cleaning India the job of sanitation workers only? (Modi)
- Cleanliness is next to godliness.
- In the long run, EQ (emotional quotient) trumps IQ (intelligence quotient). (Satya Nadela)
- Live every day as if it is your last day, but learn as if you are going to live forever. (Gandhi)
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:
For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.