- Education, Culture
- Economy, Welfare
- Globalization, Diplomacy
- India, Democracy
- Media, Journalism
- Classical arts: our link with the past, foundation for current thought and platform for future action. (Pranab, but who has 2500 words worth content for this !?)
- Four pillars of spirituality – truthfulness, compassion, austerity and purity. (Pranab again)
- “The future belongs to science and to those who make friendship with science” (Pranab quoting Nehru).
- The need for promoting creative thinking and a spirit of inquisitiveness in our learning institutions. (Pranab fourth time)
- “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all” Pranab quoting Aristotle. [Pranab to essay quotes = Navjotsingh Siddhu to Shaayaris.]
- Need for “Think in India” initiative (Smrit Irani says it’ll prevent brain drain).
- Economic growth: the bulwark against insecurity (NSA Doval)
- Only the Inclusive societies can unleash the potential of everyone.
- It is not wealth that creates roads but it is the roads that lead to the creation of wealth. (Modi quoting Kennedy)
- Indian Corporates: Captains of the industry or freeloaders of mixed economy? (Rajanbhai says wilful defaulters are freeloaders).
- Government which governs the least, is the best government. (Henry David Thoreau)
- “In forest, field and den, The cry goes up to witness, The soullessness of men.”(Many Contexts: rapes, wars, global warming)
- “A good motive, sincerity, and infinite love can conquer the world.”(Someone’s letter to Hindu.)
- Security trilemmas of the modern world. (Context: Action taken by Country -A to protect itself from country-B, makes Country-C feel insecure. e.g. Pak developing nukes against India but USA afraid Taliban will snatch it.)
- Why are respect and restraint fast diminishing among Modern societies? (may be because everyone is watching Big Boss season 8)
- India: a geographically drawn land with emotional singularity.
- India: where the good is not aspiring for greatness.
- Secularism: keeping religion out of politics. Democracy: keeping politics out of religion
- Real democracy depends on informed citizenry. (Katju)
- If the press is not fair, it will soon cease to be free. (Ex-CJI Venkatachaliah)
- When journalists place cleverness in preference to honesty, and loyalty to values..
- A strong judiciary: key to safeguarding democracy in the country
- A society that looks to the judiciary and the press alone to solve all its problems is indeed a weak society. (Ex-CJI Venkatachaliah)
- When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty (Thomas Jefferson)
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:
For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.