- HFS10/P1: Swarajist movement, Pro-Changers and No-Changers
- HFS10/P2: Revolutionary movement Phase-II: Kakori, Chittagong, Lahore
- HFS10/P3: Nehru Report, Simon Commission, Jinnah’s 14 Points
- HFS10/P4: Civil disobedience movement (CDM), Dandi March
HFS10/P1: Swarajist movement, Pro-Changers and No-Changers
- Arrest of Gandhi leads to vacuum in leadership of freedom struggle.
- Congress moves through 3d: disintegration, disorganization and demoralization.
- Clash of ideologies in Congress: status-quo(no-changers) vs pro-changers (Swarajist).
- Swarajist leaders-Chitaranjan Das, Motilal Nehru, Ajmal Khan: they wanted to enter legislative council and bring change from within.
- No Changer leaders: MA Ansari, Rajagopalachari, Rajendra Prasad and Sardar Patel; arguments given by them.
- Gaya session and resignation of Motilal Nehru and C R Das. They formed Congress khialfat Swarajya Party.
- 1923- compromise between the two groups, and decision to participate in the elections. They won 42 out of 141 seats.
- Assessment of Swaraj party- positive and negatives: filled up the leadership vaccum, Swarajist stand on Public safety bill.
- Responsivist vs non-responsivists leaders among Swarajists; Death of C.R.Das and weakning of Swaraj party.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/jQofCt_lyys
HFS10/P2: Revolutionary movement Phase-II: Kakori, Chittagong, Lahore
- Recap of the topics learned so far.
- Revolutionary phase-II from 1920s onwards: area of work, books, newspaper and magazines published.
- Difference between Phase-I and Phase-II of revolutionary movement: communist ideology, social justice,
- Kanpur conspiracy case: Nalini Gupta and other leaders;
- HRA and HSRA- Hindustan socialist republication association: leaders associated with them- Bismil, Sachin Sanyal, J.C.Chatterjee. Adoption of socialism as its official objective.
- Kakori conspiracy case, Lahore conspiracy case- leaders involved.
- Simon commission, Lahore visit, Death of Lala Lajpat Rai by Sgt. Saunders’ lathi-charge.
- Bombing in central legislative assembly: 1929.
- Chittagong armory raid by school teacher Surya Sen, Pritilata Wadedar, Shanti Ghosh, Suniti Chandheri.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/AAqQUZAflUc
HFS10/P3: Nehru Report, Simon Commission, Jinnah’s 14 Points
- Madras Session of Congress and decision to boycott Simon Commission.
- Motital Nehru’s report: Draft constitution,
- Joint electorates, with seats reserved for minorities, fundamental rights, lingustice provinces
- Delhi proposal, Delhi manifesto, Delhi Pact.
- Muslim League and Delhi proposal: accepted joint electorate. Formation of 3 separate Muslim states.
- Jinnah demands 3 amendment to Nehru report; and Jinnah’s 14 points which becomes the basis of Pakistan.
- Independence for India league by J.Nehru and S.C. Bose.
- Demand for dominion status and civil disobedience movement for poorna-swaraj.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/av8d7syfDgc
HFS10/P4: Civil disobedience movement (CDM), Dandi March
- December 1929: Lahore session- Congress declares complete Independence as its aim and puts EVELEN-Point demand to Government.
- Congress Working Committee gives full powers to Gandhi to launch the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM) at a time and place of his choice.
- Gandhi chose Salt as purpose and Dandi as location. (March 12-April 6, 1930)
- role of Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan and hi sKhudai Khidmatgars, Rani Gaidinliu of Nagaland
- Sarojini Naidu and Dharsana Satyagrah on May 21, 1930
- Government’s Response and assessment of the CDM
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/uuAu3liLB5Y
Next lecture: Gandhi-Irwin pact, 2nd round table conference
how to download ppts there is no link given
click on pdf, it will open in pdf format then click ctrl+p for print then it asks you to save the file , select save as pdf and the location you want to save.
there is no ppt available for this . pdf is made on imp points only.
Hi my name is shubham muje ias ke hindi me notes kha se mil skte h
sir next lectures kab tak……………………plz thoda jaldi kar do …………………..