- EcoPill1D-Insurance/ pension/ financial inclusion: RESERVE Bank of India (RBI) has cautioned states against reverting to the old pension scheme (OPS), else it can become a major risk in the future.
- EcoPill6: HRD: CHINA’S POPULATION fell from 1,412.6 million (2021) to 1,411.8 million in 2022.
- Environment/Pollution: UNFCCC COP28 to be held at Dubai, UAE. But UAE chosen Sultan Al Jaber, its industry minister and chief of a large oil company, as COP president. Climate activates are outraged because he is running and oil company so it is difficult to imagine him do anything concrete about the climate change. More in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj61nxdXHRk
- Environment/Pollution: INDIA has targeted to produce 1.1 million tonnes of seaweed by 2025, has not made much headway in the field, says the government officials.
- Environment/Pollution: National Green Tribunal (NGT) imposed penalty on 1) Kulda coal mine run by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) in Odisha 2) Tamnar thermal plant operated by lindal Power Limited (JPL) in Chhattisgarh.
- IR/Defense: Pak PM wants peace with India, saying learnt lessons from three wars. IR/Defense: Lashkar-e-Taiba’s deputy chief Abdul Rehman Makki declared as a “global terrorist”. This time China did not oppose.
- Column: India and the new Eurasia by C. Rajamohan: https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/in-light-of-china-russia-alliance-and-ukraine-conflict-india-and-the-new-eurasia-8388063/
- Polity: comparing constitutions:- in foreign countries, if the political leader failed to win election, they begin Inserructions — like at Capitol Hill (Trump Supporters) or in Brazil ( Supporters of former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro who refuse to accept his election defeat). Whereas in India, there have been peaceful transition of power from Congress to BJP and BJP to congress.
- Polity: secularism: PIL in SC not to treat Muslims as minorities in Kashmir whereas treat Hindus as minority in Arunachal, Lakshadweep, and J&K. SUPREME Court asked the Centre is not doing anything about it- despite the fact that Union Territories like Jammu and Kashmir, and Lakshadweep are administered by the Central government. Presently, as per 1993 notification Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, and Parsis, are national level ‘minority’ communities.
- Polity: social media: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY RULES, 2021 – MEITY notifies that if PIB flags a News as ‘fake’ ➡️ then such news shall not allowed on online platforms.
- Quote: When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it’s best to let him run. — Abraham Lincoln.
- ⚾️📻⚾️🎙✋Govt cuts windfall tax on crude oil, diesel
- GPSC: The state functions to celebrate the 74th Republic Day will be held in Botad district this year. This will be the first such state function to be organised in Botad district to celebrate the Republic Day.
- PIN-Books/Authors: Dr.Siddhartha Mukherjee’s famous books: 1) I Pulitzer Prize-winning The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer (2010) 2) The Gene: An Intimate History (2016). Now latest book 3) The Song of the Cell: An Exploration of Medicine and the New Human
Leave a Reply