Dear Aspirants, PDPU hereby invites the applications for its UPSC coaching program-2017 (with embedded Certificate course for “Governance in India”)
- Our Institute: the Origin
- Our Success: 22 Cleared UPSC Prelims-2016
- Batch Timings for UPSC-Prelim-2017 Program
- Our Faculty Team
- Our Infrastructure
- Fee: Admission
- Fees: Hostel
- How to apply/ Admission Process?
- Office Address
- Contact Hours
- Contact Personnel
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Our Institute: the Origin
In 2007, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) was setup by GERMI under an Act of the Gujarat Legislature. The university is recognized by UGC and approved by AICTE.
- PDPU is a research-led university located at Raisan in Gandhinagar- the capital of Gujarat, with a world class campus spread across 100 acres area.
- PDPU is ranked 1st in Gujarat state, in the NIRF ranking by HRD ministry.
- Shri Mukesh Ambani is the President of the university and chairman of the PDPU board.
- Our CENTER OF CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE) conducts coaching classes for UPSC Civil Services Examination.
- This year UPSC Civil Services Exam Coaching has modified into a Certificate Course Program for the benefit of aspirants [Certificate Course offered as “Governance in India”]
- This certificate will be awarded to candidates who are securing 50% cumulatively in the exams conducted by CCE-PDPU [Objective tests + Essay tests] during the course. (More details under FAQ below]
Our Success: 22 Cleared UPSC Prelims-2016
|Sr.No||Name||Roll No.||Sr.No||Name||Roll No.|
|1||Jayesh B. Rathod||49136||12||Sasiganandhan K.||207126|
|2||Abhishek Mura||34446||13||Trinath Mishra||15792|
|3||Akanksha Shukla||100728||14||Annam Praveen Venkat||54450|
|4||Asmita Singh||290666||15||Rajula Deepak Yadav||230195|
|5||Babitarani Swain||135846||16||K. Sharath Kamal Kumar||38126|
|6||Karan Raghav||125949||17||Sourav Kumar Gupta||195454|
|7||Pankaj Kumar||294977||18||Suvera Kalpesh||356647|
|8||Parth Ashok Mishra||354216||19||Govind Tiwari||13104|
|9||Pratyush Kumar Ratna||726793||20||Brijesh||484210|
|11||Ruchir Yogesh Farkiwala||21942||22||Deven Keshwala||398026|
Apart from this our students have also cleared the written stages of CAPF, AFCAT, IBPS and RBI exams.
Batch Timings for UPSC-Prelim-2017 Program
|Type||Weekend Batch for UPSC preliminary exam preparation|
|10:00 am to 5:00 pm (1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Break)|
|Class Strength||150 students|
- We will be conducting regular lectures, mock tests and group discussions for Civil Services exam preparation.
- The frequency of mock tests will be increased after completion of course lectures.
Our Faculty Team
|English for Administration||
|Indian Economy & Macroeconomic Fundamentals||
|Indian Polity & Indian Foreign Policy||
|History, Art & Culture||
|Geography (Physical, Indian, World)||
Aptitude for Administration
|Science & Technology||
GS Team: Serving & Retd IAS/IPS/IRS officers & Serving & Retd Professors of Central/ State University as our visiting/guest faculty
- Program takes place in spacious air-conditioned class rooms, well equipped with AVs and LCD
- Air-conditioned Library cum reading hall, with vast collection of books, periodicals and magazines for UPSC preparation
- Wifi-enabled, spacious campus, silent atmosphere suitable ambiance for UPSC
- Hostel and food facilities at nominal rates.
|Details||Only Prelims Coaching|
|Deposit**||Rs. 3000/- [Refundable subject to the norms mentioned in note#2.]|
|Duration||Up to Prelims – 2017 or June 30-2017 whichever is earlier|
|Suitable Cash Reward|
- *Tuition fees inclusive of service tax. But it doesn’t include deposit, hostel and food charges.
- **Deposit will be refunded on satisfying following conditions (1) producing the hall-ticket of Prelims -2017 (2) no damage to any equipment, books, infrastructure of PDPU (3) good behavior and discipline in PDPU premises throughout the course.
- ***Reward is applicable only for the 2017 program.
- Tuition fee, Hostel and food charges once paid, shall not be refunded/returned in any case including the discontinuing of the course by the student.
- CCE shall reserve rights to modify the terms of the program upon its discretion.
|Type of Room||three sharing room,
attached toilet & bathroom
|three sharing room,
attached toilet & bathroom
|Food / Canteen||Rs.3,750 per month||Rs.3,750 per month|
- Hostel & Food Facility (Subject to availability). Hostel seats are limited, since we are also running parallel courses for UG and PG students in our university. Therefore, the hostel facility will be provided on first cum first serve basis.
- Fees can’t be paid in instalments.
- Duration of Hostel Stay: Up to 30st June 2017.
- If student doesn’t vacate the room after the above mentioned time, he/she will be charged Rs.500/day.
How to apply/ Admission Process?
- Registration period is up to November 21, 2016
- Fill up this google form: https://goo.gl/gXBWaC
- After receiving registration form there will be a selection process by CCE-PDPU. Candidates who secured admission will be informed separately through mail.
- We don’t accept ANY fees in instalments
This is a university run program, not a private coaching institute with commercial motive. For example, in 2016 batch, even without charging extra fees the students were provided free travelling arrangements to their exam-centres; Tests and classes for optional subjects- Geography, Public Administration and sociology. But such gestures depend on time, space, financial and manpower constrains faced by the institute viz a viz the goodwill generated by the students through their discipline and hardwork.
CCE-PDPU is having a Vision about Nation building and for that we are working with a Mission set by our former DG Dr. D.J. Pandian Sir (Retd. Chief Secretary, Gujarat). If it is possible by you align with us in this Mission then join in our Program and we expect you have to follow highest discipline consistent with our CCE-motto: Enriching Culture, Energising Values
2nd Floor, D-Block, SLS-Building,
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Raisan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat-382007
Click to see on Google Map
Weekdays from 11.00 AM to 6.00 PM. Recess: 1 PM to 2 PM
- Mr.Bhargav Chhtrala (Accountant)
- Mr.S. Venkata Krishnan aka Venkat Sir (Course Coordinator; NET & SLET in Pol. Sci., NET in Int & Area Studies, and NET in Pub. Adm)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q.Tell me more about the “Certificate for Governance”
It’s embedded in UPSC civil service exam coaching program itself. This certificate will be awarded to candidates who are securing 50% cumulatively in the exams conducted by CCE-PDPU [Objective tests + Essay tests] during the course:
|Course Code||Course Name||Hours|
|CCE1||Indian Constitution & Indian Foreign Policy||25|
|CCE3||Indian Economy & Macro Economic Fundamentals||35|
|CCE4||Science & Technology developments in India||25|
|CCE5||Basic Geography & Indian Geography||35|
|CCE6||Indian History & Modern European History||45|
|CCE7||English for Administration||25|
|CCE8||Aptitude for Administration||20|
|CCE9||Environment & India||15|
|CCE10||India’s Art & Culture||10|
Q. What is the medium of instruction during lectures? English, Hindi or Gujarati?
Ans. English and Hindi Medium [Don’t claim exclusively either in Hindi or English]
Q. Can I attend demo classes before paying fees or taking admission?
Ans. No. This is a university run program, not a private commercial coaching class.
Q. What if I don’t like the teaching or want to shift elsewhere or want to discontinue the program for any other reason. Will my fees be refunded?
Ans. Money once paid, shall NOT BE REFUNDED. Neither in full or nor in part.
Q. If I clear prelims, will my fees be refunded?
Ans. No, the fee will not be refunded. But, a suitable cash reward will be given.
Q. If I join 2017 program but clear prelims in 2018, will my fees be refunded?
Q. What type of study material will be provided to students?
- After class, PPTs will be mailed to students.
- Selected handouts will be provided.
- But, NO complete material will be provided.
- Our library is fully equipped with the necessary books, newspapers, magazines, periodicals and other resources for preparation of civil services examination.
Q. I live in Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar/Mehsana, what are the transport facilities available to reach campus?
The campus is located in KNOWLEDGE CORRIDOR, PDPU ROAD – 3 kms away from the main-highway between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar. (Please refer to Google map given above). At present it is not covered directly via Public transport buses. From main road you will get auto rickshaw to reach Campus.
Q. After prelim-2017 is over, will I be able to continue using hostel, library, reading room and other facilities?
No facility will be extended on any ground and CCE-PDPU has discretion to decide on this.
Q. Any other query:
During weekdays on office hours, you may visit us personally or E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 79-23275276
Please direct your queries to E-mail:email@example.com or call 79-23275276