- MPPSC 2017 Topper’s profile: Devendra Singh
- How to prepare for MPPSC PRELIMS
- MPPSC: MAINS Strategy
- MPPSC: INTERVIEW
- Concluding words
- General Profile :Hello everyone, I am Devendra Pratap Singh (25) resident of Satna Madhya Pradesh, presently working as Assistant director (industries) in Mandla. I am selected as Deputy collector (SAS) by securing 16th rank in M.P. state services exam 2017 and previously selected as Assistant Director (industries) ,Naib tehsildar and Assistant superintendent of land records in previous state services exams in 2016,2014 & 2013 respectively. I had served central public works department for 2 years and was also selected in different post in SSC and banking services exams.
- Education : Mechanical engineering (2013) from shankaracharya college bhilai and schooling from Raipur as my father was posted mostly in chattisgarh during his services in SAHARA.
- Family : My father worked in Sahara India for 15 years and currently involved in agriculture activities and mother is huse wife. We are 4 brothers in our family
- Hobby: Photography.
- Why civil services :After graduation i felt like in private sector we can only benefit people in indirect way while through civil services entering into mainstream of government we can work directly for the needy and the vulnerable section of society especially those who are deprived and unaware of government activities and for civil services my father had a special urge.
Mppsc prelims nowadays have become more diversified and needs alot of smart work. We need to get through the trend of previous year papers and understand the most asked sections in the paper. I would suggest to begin preparation in Prelims cum mains strategy. I would like to divide the whole prelims preparation and examination paper in different section as per my analysis in previous years.
Paper -1: General Studies : 100 questions
- General studies (static) : (45-50 Q). It can be prepared by Lucent in the begining and reading subject specific books and NCERTs later on when you get into the General studies.
- MP Specific : (15-25 Q) Punekar, Maheshwari and MP government websites for current updates of government activities and schemes
- Miscellaneous : (15-20Q) It covers a major portion in prelims which can be completed through miscellaneous section of Lucent general knowledge book and general awareness.
- Current affairs: (10-15Q) : Around 10-12 months old current is to be prepared by dividing the topics into sections like appointments, awards & honours, books & authors, obituary, sports tournaments, national –international summits ,committees, global indices etc.
- Computer and science : (5-8Q): easy to moderate level question can be solved by general awareness and reading specific sections in lucent.
- Acts : (5-10Q) There are 3 specific acts mentioned in the syllabus which can be prepared by getting gazette copy of acts and book on acts by Punekar publication.
- Read ant two good newspapers for getting updates of local, national and international events. Qualifying prelims is based on READ, DIGEST & RECALL strategy.
Paper-2 : CSAT : only qualifying.Didn’t prepare much as easy questions are asked from aptitude, reasoning and Hindi.
After prelims we get 80-100 days for the mains ,so it is better to start preparing for mains immediately after prelims and if possible opt mains cum prelims strategy in the beginning of preparation. Preparation of mains requires a proper strategy and planning. you need to be selective in content and sources otherwise your study room would be a library nothing more than that. The syllabus of mains is quite dynamic hence needs properly managed content and notes to cover the whole syllabus and revise in 3 months. My medium for exam was ENGLISH and I have prepared separate notes using different sources for all the 4 papers of GS and Hindi. The sources are mentioned below.
- NCERTs of Class 6- 10 and Internet stuff (electronic material) is highly recommended as kind of information and depth to which it is required is difficult to search for in a book.
- Madhya Pradesh specific : Madhya Pradesh ek parichay( byTMH) and M.P. samanya gyan by Hindi granth academy. Rest facts and figures can be covered from Punekar and maheshwari which are sugested for prelims.
- Current Affairs: Read any 1 Hindi and 1 english newspaper as well as choose a monthly magazine which you feel comfortable with (Pratiyogita darpan,Chronicle, Arihant suggested).
|PAPER 1||PART A – History and culture
PART B – Geography and Disaster management
|PAPER 2||PART A – Polity
PART B – social sector
|PAPER 3||PART A : Science , Mathematics & reasoning, IT and environment
PART B : Economy
Case study plays an important role to score good marks in this paper.
Highly scoring section ,prepare wisely and do not neglect even if you are a Hindi medium student
One of the most strategic aspect to qualify mains with good marks is Answer writing. You need to be selective and specific while writing answers. Mains papers are very lengthy and time taking.Many aspirants fails to attempt all the questions.As per my experience and analysis of this examination , following are my suggestion for the aspirants which they should keep in mind while writing answers in Mains examination:
- Practice answer writing before a month of the examination keeping record of time so that you can get well through the situation to be faced during examination.
- In 3 marks question be specific and to the point in your answers.
- Most of the answers of 100 words and 300 words can be attempted in point wise format. Writing in point wise provide you an option to write diversified content and you can cover a wider aspect of the topic asked in the question.
- Try to write in simple and easy language.Do not go for flowery and complicated language.Keep it as simple as you can
- Maintain legible handwriting throughout the paper.
- Keep record of time and adhere to word limit with average quality answers because this exam demands both quality and quantity.
- Do not leave any question.write whatever tit-bits you know about the topic asked in the question.
Interview plays an important role in your selection an up gradation of post This is the most versatile part of the exam process where you can get high marks with comparatively less hard work.
Areas of focus : Bio-data , Hobby , academics and job profile if you are working. Current affairs and contemporary social issues and government policies. Rest everything about interview is unpredictable. So its better prepare everything because it decides your selection & post.
Transcript of the interview
- Board- Chairman S.P. Gautam and 2 other male members
- Work exp. – was serving department of industries during interviews and also worked in revenue department
- Interview- Both Hindi and English
- I was the last candidate of the day to be interviewed. And it was my 3rd time when I was going to be interviewed by the same board.As soon as i entered after seeking permission, wished all of them a very good evening.The chairman welcomed me with the words“ Welcome Mr. Devendra Once again”.
Ho’nble chairman- General bio-data based.
- He passed questions to the members in the begining saying that i already know him, you all ask.
- Later he asked explain practical implementation of GST by taking an example of any product assuming GST rate of 5%. Also asked types of GST imposed like SGST, CGST and IGST.
- He then asked about ATC and Non Anti-profiteering authority (NAA) as central cabinet passed the proposal of setting up NAA for grievance redressal of GST related issues.
- He started with the questions related to literature. I didn’t understand why he began with this topic. Neither my hobby is reading books nor i’m an arts graduate even though I didn’t write anything about literature in my DAF.
- Tell me in brief about mechanical engineering
- Explain department of industries and schemes being implemented by your department.
- Schemes run exclusively by M.P. Government.(Specially BHAVANTAR BHUGTAN YOJNA)
- How cooperative societies and co operative market runs.
- National Agriculture e- market (NAM)
It went for 18-20 minutes and was satisfactory as i had already made up my mind for saying NO for the questions in which i didn’t have a clear idea. Be specific.
|Paper||Subject||Total Marks||Obtained Marks|
|6||Essay & unseen passages||100||057|
- This exam needs hard work and perseverance as it may happen like you may feel frustrated many a times when u didn’t qualify for prelims or mains or fails to secure rank in the merit list ,but that’s not the end of the journey rather its a new beginning with more enthusiasm and dedication. You need to rectify mistakes and makeover them so that you can do well in upcoming examinations.
- Believe in yourself because you are the only who can understand yourself very well.
- Manage time during your preparation as well as in exams. Wise use of time is highly recommended because you have to cover alot of stuff in very less time.
- All the best to all the aspirants who are appearing in the upcoming prelims of MPPSC-2018.Do your best and best wishes for bright future.