The much-awaited RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification has been announced. The advance notification is released in newspaper and the online registration will start from 21 Sep 2019. A total of 199 Vacancies for the post of Grade B officer have been announced in the notification.
- Officers in Grade B (DR) General: 156 Vacancies
- Officers in Grade B (DR) DEPR: 20 Vacancies
- Officers in Grade B (DR) DSIM: 23 Vacancies
The RBI Grade B (General) Phase I exam is on 9 November 2019. With less than 2 months for the exam, it is high time to pull up your socks and dedicate yourself completely towards RBI Grade B Exam preparation. Your Hard work would be your best weapon to crack the exam this year. To sharpen your efforts, you can follow the 10 RBI Exam preparation tips given below.
These tips have been recommended by experts at Oliveboard, a proven leader in RBI Grade B Exam preparation. The Top 3 rankers – AIR 1, AIR 2 and AIR 3 of 2017-18 and 2016-17 Recruitment Exams had prepared with Oliveboard Mock Tests and Study Materials.
- Understand the Exam Syllabus -: The first thing any candidate should do before starting her/his exam preparation is go through the RBI Grade B Exam syllabus in detail. Take print outs of the same. It helps you to be aware about the topics to prepare and more importantly what not to prepare. It will save you a lot of time, which you can utilize to prepare the important topics and concepts.
- Identify the Right Books and Resources to prepare -: When it comes to books and resources for RBI Grade B preparation, there is a problem of plenty. Many candidates waste a lot of time by preparing from too many books. You should have a Short Book list, with 1-2 books for each section (for ESI and F&M). Your Book preparation should be complemented by good online resources like Live courses. Oliveboard’s RBI Cracker Course will give you access to live courses for all the sections of RBI Grade B syllabus. The Live classes would be conducted by India’s Top Faculty for each section. This course includes:
- Weekly Live Classes for ESI, and F&M
- 50+ Video Lectures for ESI and F&M
- 10 Live Practice Sessions
- Complete Notes for ESI, F&M
- 10 Full Length Mock Tests (Phase I)
- 25 full length Mock Tests (Phase II) & more
- Thorough preparation of Current Affairs -: To Ace RBI Grade B Exam there is not alternative to Current Affairs preparation. You should learn all the important current Affairs of last 6 to 8 months. They would not only come in handy for your General Awareness Section but also prove helpful for ESI and F&M papers in Phase 2 Exam. You can refer to Oliveboard’s Monthly Current Affairs Bolt for the same.
- Special Focus on ESI and F&M -: Your RBI Grade B preparation should be focussed on both Phase 1 (Prelims) and Phase 2(Mains) Exams. Hence, from now itself you should start focussing on ESI and F&M preparation. These 2 sections have a total of 200 marks allocated to them in the RBI Grade B Phase 2 Exam. Candidates from non-economics and management background will have to put in extra efforts for these 2 sections. You can rely on Oliveboard’s special ESI and F&M Study Materials for your preparation.
- Regular Newspaper Reading -: Throughout your RBI preparation phase you should develop a habit of reading the daily newspaper in detail. It is the best source of current affairs preparation. The Newspaper Editorials are also a good source to improve your vocabulary and reading speed. Both these are very important to secure high marks in English Language section of both Phase 1 and Phase 2 Exams.
- Prepare Puzzles for Reasoning Section -: During all your General Awareness, ESI and F&M preparation, you should not forget about Logical Reasoning. It has 60 marks allocated to it in the RBI grade B Phase 1 Exam. To score well in this section, special attention should be given to Puzzles. Practicing different types of puzzles regularly is very important. Oliveboard’s High level Reasoning Tests are a must for your Reasoning preparation.
- Memorize Formulas for Quantitative Aptitude -: To score more than 25 marks out of 30 in the Quantitative Aptitude Section of the Phase 1 Exam, you should memorize all the important formulas for topics like Quadratic Equations, Mensuration, Time & Work, Speed and Distance, etc. Being aware of the right formula would help you solve the problem quicker than others.
- Practice with Mock Tests -: All the above points are with regards to preparation of different sections and topics important for RBI Grade B 2019 Exam. You would be able to make the most of your preparation only if you practice regularly. What better way is there to practice then to give regular RBI Grade B Mock Tests. Solving Mock Tests would help you replicate exam like environment during your preparation. Attempting Regular Mock Tests would help you reduce your stress levels in the exam hall. Less Stress means higher concentration, which is important for a good performance.
- Analyse your Mock Test Performance -: Just giving mock tests will not take you far. You would see the real impact of mock tests only when you regularly analyse your mock test performance. With Oliveboard’s Mock Test Analytics, you get detailed performance analysis of all your mock test performances. You are shown your weak and strong areas along with expert feedback. You can then implement the feedback in your preparation. This would always keep your performance graph in an upwards trajectory.
- Take care of your Body and Mind -: You would be able to follow the above tips only if your Body and Mind Allows you too. Hence our last but not the least tip is to take care of your Body and Mind during and even after your preparation is done. You can take care of your body by eating healthy food, doing regular exercise, etc. Having a fresh and healthy mind is important to stay focussed and sharp. You can do it by meditation and other Stress reliving techniques. It would help you with your concentration.
That is all from us. We hope you liked the above tips and would follow them for your RBI Grade B 2019 Exam preparation. We hope to see your name in the selected candidates list of RBI Grade B 2019 recruitment. All the best for your preparation.