- Tips for Zoology Paper I
- Tips for Zoology Paper I
- Booklist for Zoology Optional
- Syllabus for Zoology in UPSC civil service Exam
It’s better to keep answers diagrammatic and less verbose.
Students should also not hesitate in drawing colour diagrams.
Tips for Zoology Paper I
Non-chordata and chordata:
- Classification should be done thoroughly as it’s given in Barnes’ textbook
- Pay attention to general essays rather than type studies
- Always correlate things from evolutionary viewpoint -Draw as many diagrams and flow charts as possible
- Students should cover all theories.
- In chordate description, compare the phyla phylogenetically and anatomically.
- Comparative anatomy diagrams should be coloured.
- The most scoring parts are Economic Zoology, Bio Stats and Bio Instrumentation.
- Students need to focus on topics related to developments in India in Economic Zoology.
Tips for Zoology Paper I
- To prepare Cell Biology and Genetics, students need to follow the same advice as provided for these two topics in Botany. However, you need to correlate cellular processes with human physiology and human disease conditions.
- In Genetics, student should also mention the possible human welfare applications.
- Peripheral questions are generally not asked.
Biochemistry and Physiology
- Practical Bio-chemical pathway with structural formula of molecules are important.
- Prepare from medical bio-chemistry and physiology books.
- Represent most information through flow charts.
- Always draw relevant anatomical diagrams.
- If physiology and biochemistry are prepared thoroughly, then this part can be prepared only for short notes.
- Colored drawings are a must. Students need to practice them properly.
Booklist for Zoology Optional
- Cell and Molecular Biology – De Robertis, C.B. Powar
- Genetics – P.K. Gupta, Gardner, Ahluwalia, Vir Bala Rastogi
- Invertebrates – R.L. Kotpal, Nigam, Jordan
- Vertebrates – R.L. Kotpal, Nigam, Jordan and Varma
- Comparative anatomy of vertebrate zoology – Kent
- Animal physiology – H.R. Singh, Vander
- Biochemistry – Harper, Leninger, Stryer, Rao
- Embryology – Balinsky, A.K. Berry, Vir Bala Rastogi
- Organic evolution – Veer Bala Rastogi
- Ecology – P.D. Sharma, Odum, Vir Bala Rastogi and M.S. Jayaraj, Kotpal and Bali
- Economic Zoology – Shukla and Upadhaya, Kotpal Series, Kotpal- Khetrapal – Agarwal
- Ethology – Reena Mathur, Magazines like Science Reporter, Nature etc.
- General Zoology – Storer and Usurger
- Physiology – H.R. Singh
- Evolution – Vir Bala Rastogi
- A Dictionary of Entomology – Leftwich
Syllabus for Zoology in UPSC civil service Exam
it’s available in the official notification released by UPSC, click me.
chmesitry major students can take zoology as optional subject .plz reply
Also science students can take arts subject as optional subject in upsc main exam
Hi sir i am Santy.. Plz suggest how can prepare and start the study for ias exa.. Sr plz guide me..
suggest me for decent material of zoology
Plz guide me …can I take zoology in Hindi medium for mains upsc? Is there note will be available in a proper Mannar ?
I’m much confused for Hindi medium bt I was the student of Hindi medium till 12 now I’m in bsc zoology (h) ..bt sometimes in English G’s & other subjects I can’t understand like English. ..so guide me plz
Sir I am yasmeena can I applied for IAS with zoology as main subject and also which other additional subjects do I need to prepare for IAS
hello,i need zoology study material alongwith mains test series of zoology..for 2016 mains.if anybody has please let me know.. thanks
Sir i am bsc frist year student…i totaly confuse about optional sub.
But now i cant west my time and i desided to take zoology as a optional sub…plz display me the proper way to preapare for this subject at your level
Hello sir , Is zoology is a good optional for UPSC .
dear sir I am from Hindi medium and my English is not good can I take optional zoology in upsc mains with Hindi medium
Hi sir its Kriti zoology is my msc subject.n I’m taking it as m optional plz suggest m strategy to prepare for it
Zoology hindi medium mai de sakte hai sir plz help sir
sir i m persuing grad in veterinary sci n tell me which sub will b good for my optional paper n koi coaching jo iske liye prep karata ho
Hello Awasthi sir myself Raju Nanu Rathod. I completed 12 the science having general group in last year. And taken admission in Bsc 1st ext. This year in YCMOU Nanded. I am very interested student in zoology. I have theoretical material but not the practical material relating to IAS studies. So plz guide me.
Sir I am kaaviya. My date of birth is 31.03.2000 .Am I eligible to take upsc exams?
hi, dear murnal sir , please guide me…the book list you provided for zoology have 2 to 3 books for every topic , i want know that all these books are required or any one of these books suffice for particular topic.
Yes i need Study material Of zooloGy and urdu
plz tell me 2-3 important books for zoology as optional sub for upsc
सर जूलॉजी के हिंदी माध्यम में नोट्स हो (आईएएस मुख्य ) के लिए कॉल में 9720999707
SIR ZOOLOGY KE NOTES HO TO BHEJO IN HINDI MEDIAM.
Sir I’m a upsc is aspirant. I want to take zoology as my optional paper. Can u tell me the important books that followed the whole syllabus of zoology. Plz help me sir.
Can colour pencils used for diagrams of zoology.?
Sir…..is the syllabus of zoology for upsc & ifs forest same???
Plz tell me about zoology optional book list in hindi medium