This is contributed by Mr.Tushar of IIT Delhi
India Foreign relations
- Do you think that India should conduct ASAT (Anti satellite test) to gain bargaining position in the formulation of space code of conduct that is going to be framed and enacted in the years to come?
- Bring out the Diaspora of India is crucial for India Economy. Throw light on the Labor law and social security of few countries.
- Discuss about the Foreign Direct Investment outflow from India to rest of the world.
- Analyze the ethnic conflicts in the Caucasian countries and its implications on India’s Relation.
- Discuss the economic and Political relations with Caribbean Countries.
- Discuss the economic and Political relations with Scandinavian Countries.
- Discuss about the India Sri Lanka cooperation in the field of Nuclear Safety and Disaster management.
- To what extent “six point principles” adopted by ASEAN recently will be effective to reduce disputes in the South China Sea.
- Global INK Project.
- Do you think the issue of the Manas air base has been shifted from the political to the economic for Kazakistan?
- Recent historic conviction of Dominican Republic (DR) (Haiti) court.
- Steps taken by the Columbian Govt to curb the insurgency in southeast region of the country.
- Discuss the mining sector of the South African in the connection with the HDSA (Historically Disadvantaged South Africans) and recent declaration of ANC (African National Congress) on the nationalization of the mines.
- Do you think that demand of Bolivia government to amend 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs to remove language that bans the chewing of coca leaf is justified?
- How you see the recent withdrawal of Uzbekistan from the CSTO in the wake of the in terms of economic and political context?
- Comment of the effectiveness of the ICC since its inception.
- India- America Cooperation in the field of Higher Education, and Health Sector.
- Indian-Sri Lanka Nuclear Safety Cooperation
Science and Tech
- Modified Embaraer EMB 145I aircraft.
- DRDO-FICCI Accelerated Technology Assessment and Commercialization program (ATAC) and their recent landmark achievement.
- HuGaMMA Report.
- London Declaration of Jan 2012 on Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- Sevottam Model.
- OVR Sagar Nidhi
- MCIRP (Mobile Based Crime and incident reporting platform)
- National Institute of Ocean Technology- Desalination Process -LTTD
- ASTROSAT and its instrumentation.
- Bio Toilet designed by the DRDO and especially bacteria used.
- The Defense Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) its recent achievement.
- PAT scheme launched by BEE.
- Reservetrol in our food and its potential advantages.
- In Vitro meat.
- Difference between 3G and LTE mobile technology.
- Difference between the CMOS and CCD image sensors.
- Tandem Solar Cell and its advantages.
- Gratzel Solar cell and its characteristics.
- Nuclear Powered Crops.
- Hydroponics and its potential advantages.
- Curiosity rover, its objectives and its instrumentation.
- TARA’s expedition.
- Compare any three edible oils with respected to their saturated fat content.
- Pebble Reactor.
- Generations of the Nuclear Reactors.
- ‘Trophy Molecules’ a breakthrough in nuclear technology.
- Leap second and Y2K bug.
- Colony Collapse Disorder and its implications.
- Functions of the GHB substance found in nervous system of human.
- Date rape drug.
- Problems associated with the traditional vaccine of Foot and Mouth Diseases (FMDs).
- Wildlife Conservations Society’s efforts of conservation of the Markhor-Pakistan’s National Mammal.
- Gnathiid isopods and coral bleaching.
- Transient Elastography
- Problems associated with the detection of the adulterated milk in India.
- NASA’s Kepler Mission and its recent findings. Kepler 22b
- What is Ballast water management convention (BWM convention).
- What is Dirty fishing?
- Types of radio tracking of animals.
- Environmental side effects of the Deep Sea Trawling.
- Explain the advantage of the deep sea trawl developed by the Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT)
- Classification of the Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs)
- List the various techniques used for Anti Collision in the Railways.
- How nitrous fertilizers contributes to the Global Warming?
- Problems associated with laboratory detection of the synthetic milk.
- Uncany Valley in the Robotic Science.
- Greenpeace Report on Bt Brinjal.
- Deep sea challenger.
- Curiosity Rover.
- Solar Impulse.
- Flame and Stuxnet.
- Karspersky Lab.
- Google’s brain machine.
- Sector33- an iOS application from NASA.
- Voager1 and Voager2
- A*star institute of technology.
- Google’s X Lab
- N-u star telescope.
- Coral Bleaching.
- White Nose Syndrome.
- Human Connectome Project
- North Atlantic Bloom
- Foundation B612 (Near earth Objects)
- Lab on Chip
- SeaFox-underwater drone.
- Soyuz Rocket
- Aerostat Balloon at Florida Naval Air Station.
- IRVE-3 by NASA
- FireFly Cubesat satellite by NASA.
- National Year of Mathematics
- US Antarctic Blue Ribbon Panel.
- Spin Organic LED
- High Resolution Coronal imager (Hi-C) telescope.
- Cluster beans (Guar) Gum and its industrial applications.
- AirBus A350
- International Telecom Union and its sectors.
- Note on Space Code of Conduct.
- Universal Declaration of Human Duties.
- List any three sites listed under UNESCO’s World Heritage in Danger. also describe their potential threats. (3 world and 2 from India).
- The Church of Nativity in the Palestinian city of Bethlehem.
- Swarnajayanti Dwar.
- Indra Elephant from Ueno Zoo of Japan.
- International Organization for Migration.
- Six natural wonders Declared by World heritage sites.
- Dijingareyber Mosque Timbuktu
- Recent COSPAR conference.
- ArcelorMittal Orbit at London Olympics.
- Recent initiative of Harward and MIT- Edx and MOOC.
- Bamiyan Buddhas in Afghanistan
thanks a billion !!!!!!!!!! mrunal………..
thanx a lot for such a wide variety of questions ..
it will really help us…
can be used to check missing part of preparations…
again THANX A LOT SIR…….
Hi Mrunal. When addressing someone directly, The English honorific “Mr” is used with either the last name or the full name. It is never used with the first name. So, “Mr. Tushar” should only be “Tushar” . You are welcome !
So apart from that (the assasination of prez of US..) how was the play mrs lincoln? :)
Thanks a lot for these questions
For many of the questions that I had no clue, upon research, I find that they have no reference to news items in last 18 months or so. I want to know whether others also share the perception or not.
I therefore would like to believe that not all questions are relevant here.
Yes Some of the questions may not be seem that much important.
But the overall coverage is good.
thanks alot sir
Great help Sir
You are excellent
I was tense before the 5th but now feeling somewhat relief Please wish me luck sir
All the very best for your mains and interview.
sir pls do something for the answers..
7 days and few hours less to go…..
update- Tushar confirmed he’d provide answerkey in upcoming days.
pls paste the link for answers of the above questions also
that will help a lot
gud work…but seems i ve missed out on alot of things particularly in international affaairs.i thought i was a regular reader and now i have nt heard abt a lot of these topics……….god help me…what will i do in the exam……
I suffered a similar defeat.. but hey i felt these are more factual questions. Also i see an attempt on the part of the author to cover the areas which might generally be left out in our regular reading. So take it as a supplement. Your regular reading shall surely prove helpful
In UPSC exam, There are always a few questions that pop out of nowhere despite months of diligent reading.
So, Take these questions as ‘mental conditioning’ before the D-day. But Don’t let these questions demotivate you at this stage.
Keep revising whatever you’ve prepared so far.
All the best.
thanx i ll keep that in mind
thankyou very much
Thank you sir,very useful material
i have a smiple query kunal sir ..
is it essantial to answer qes in the order they are asked ..or i can pick up any qes frm anywhere and answer that first ..please guide sir it will be a great help.
sorry its Mrunal…..i regret this mistake ..
if the questions are in form of
then you can attempt in any order for example,
but you cannot attempt like Q1a then Q2b then again Q1b then Q2C.
u r a life saver ..cant thank u enough..long live
i was planning to attempt non graph stats first and do graph questions later. is that not allowed?
sir, mai hindi medium se .. plz help me
mai kaise taiyari kru
start with this article
sir please provide the solution too….i will be ever grateful..
will be done in upcoming days.
is it only me who is troubled on seeing these questions..hvnt read more than 10 % of these
no u r not the only one..these qes threw me down to the darkest abyyss.
Love u mrunal bayya tnx a lot of ur hard work for making us to study value added stuff
“Do you think that demand of Bolivia government to amend 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs to remove language that bans the chewing of coca leaf is justified?”
If UPSC asks this question then they’ve lost it :) i think the most important thing to remember in GS is “what to leave” because “what to cover” is virtually unlimited. Some questions will necessarily be left unattempted. those who know how to attempt those questions which everyone answers in a better way will get marks.
Here are the answerkeys submitted by Tushar on Science and Tech portion of above paper.
Kindly publish something about the Indian Forest Service Exam.
Thanks & Regards
dear sir , please kindly give me some suggestion of books for studying international affairs for upsc. please…