- What is Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (SSA)?
- Why is SSA in News?
- What is JBY and AABY
- What is the problem?
- What is the solution? / Why is it in news?
What is Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (SSA)?
A Government project aimed at Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE)
Under SSA, Union and State Governments provide money for following
- To open new schools in those habitations which do not have schooling facilities
- strengthen existing school infrastructure via additional teachers, class rooms, toilets, drinking water, teaching-learning materials, maintenance grant etc
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan costs the Centre about Rs 25,000 crore each year and about the same from the states
- And like every other Government scheme, this SSA is also riddled with leakages and fake beneficiaries.
- But Maharashtra State government saved Rs.2000 crores by using Aadhar-cards to cut down on bogus student enrollments.
- Inspired with this success, now the Union Government is planning to get all SSA-students be provided Aadhar-cards.
- It will help weed out fake students from the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA).
- This Revamped SSA programme could be rolled out in the next academic year
|Janashree Bima Yojana (JBY)||Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY)|
|Was launched in||2000||2007|
|Why?||For rural and urban poor persons aged between 18 and 59 years.||cover against natural, accidental and disability of the head of the family of rural landless households in the country.|
- There is significant overlapping of beneficiaries, because they cater to same or similar categories of population.
- This leads to increased Management cost (need to maintain two databases, more staff etc)
What is the solution? / Why is it in news?
- Government is planning to merge these two schemes, for above cited reasons. (=fiscal consolidation + better social security).
Please provide a topic on “Bretton Woods System”. It will be very helpful for aspirants.
Mrunal, what u have written about SSA is different(in words)from what is given in year book 2011. Have you written it in your own words or from some other source?
from the official site of SSA.
i had seen links old NCERT books and IGNOU material in ur blog… bt now am not finding it in ur blog.. hw to visit ur older version of ur blog
NCERT links are consolidated at the bottom of this article:
for IGNOU visit
Thanks Mrunal and Lochan :)
Mrunal sir…..please provide psychology mains papers of last 10 years
Short and succinct article…
Please suggest a good book for environment and ecology studies
sir, if u give pdf file of our material that will be comfortable for us to download easily
& take hard copy to read……….thanxs
click on the PDF button on the top-right corner of any article.
This blog has material on S&T, Envir & Bio, Polity & Diplomacy,Economics (Prelims-paper1)and Aptitude (Prelims-paper2).
Sir, can you kindly include material on History & Geography (for Prelims-Paper 1).
I am sure, there would be many like me, who are following your blog, blindly, will benefit a lot.
Regards n Respect!
AWESOME …… JINKE PAS PESA NAHI COACHING KE LIYE APP UNKI BAHUT HELP KAR RAHE HI ….HUM SABHI JO BHI APKE BLOGS KO DAILY PADHTE HI YAKEN MAIYE HUM SAB BAHUT CONFIDENT AUR MOTIVATED HAI .
i need guideline for PPSC Pcs Main G S paper 1 n 2. Plz clarify whether it is on the pattern of civil service or old pattern of any 5 q’s essay type. if any body can send me old papers . i wud be thankful to him
Hi Mrunal Sir,
I want to know ,what are the various points that should be included in answer writing and how one can satisfy that his answer is up to some standard …this is a big problem faced by many aspirants who are preparing by themselves,without any coaching or test series.
is the RSBY a collation of the janshree bima and aam admi bima..or are they in parallel operation?
Hi Mrunal sir… the way you are teaching us..it reminds me of my favorite teacher of physics…
and sir. now you are too in my fav teacher list..
u r really great yaar ,god will help u in every part of ur life ,u r helping us so much
Target group in both JSBY & AABY are a “bit” different. Also Nodal agency was also different, AABY = State governments; JSBY = Ministry of Labour & Employment
Now govt has merged both & renamed it Aam Admi Janshree Bima Yojana. But now, what “exactly” is the target group + nodal agency for implementation???
you are a relay good teacher sir keep continue your good work
sir नोट्स हिन्दी मे भी दीजिये