RBI is holding Legal officer’s exam on 7th April 2013. In that regard, a friend of mine acquired the question papers of 2008 and 2009 via R.T.I. I’m posting them here.
- Structure of the written Exam (RBI legal officer)
- 2008’s Law paper (RBI legal officer)
- 2009’s Law Paper
Structure of the written Exam (RBI legal officer)
General knowledge of Law
Three hours/150 marks
|(Part A) Objective||30|
|(Part B) Descriptive||120|
Three hours/100 marks
- Time 3 hours, marks 150.
- Answer all questions.
- Part-A consists of objective type questions and Part-B consists of Descriptive type questions.
- Answer should be written in English.
- No reference books will be given or allowed to be used.
- Answers should indicate reasons and wherever possible references to decided cases should be given.
Now let’s see the papers of 2008 and 2009.
2008’s Law paper (RBI legal officer)
15 Questions x 2 marks = 30 marks.
- The Words Socialist and Secular were added in the Constitution of India by the ______ amendment to Constitution.
- The Words ‘Justice, Liberty, Equality and Fraternity’ in Preamble of Constitution are given contents by part-
- I, V
- V, VI
- III, IV
- Which of the following case relates to the recognition or aid to minority institutions ?
- TMA Pai Foundation v/s. State of Karnataka
- D. K. Basu v/s. Union of India
- Vishaka v/s State of Rajasthan
- R. S. Nayak v/s. Antulay.
- The concept of Judicial review in India is inspired by the Constitution of-
- Who has power to grant pardons within the Constitution of India ?
- By which amendment to Constitution, the Parliament introduced the Panchayat Raj and the Nagarpalikas?
- Article ___ of Constitution provides that Supreme Court may be consulted by President of India on question of Law and fact.
- During proclamation of National Emergency which Article of Constitution cannot be suspended?
- Article ___ of the Constitution of India makes provision relating to amendment of Constitution.
- Impeachment of Judges is provided in Article ____ of Constitution of India.
- Article 24 of Constitution prohibits Child Labour in
- all employment
- only hazardous industries
- none of the above.
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882, covers-
- Movable property
- Both the above
- Immovable property
- None of the above.
- The rule of evidence which forbids a person from denying the truth of some statement formerly made by him-
- Contractue aberrima fides means ………………..
- Quasi Contract implies-
- Certain relations resembling those created by contract
- Contracts between two parties
- Claim for unliquidated sum of money
- None of the above.
2008: Part B
- Briefly answer the following:- (10 marks each, total 50m)
- What do you understand by breach of contract? Explain the remedies available to aggrieved party for breach committed by other party.
- Explain the protection given to the bankers under the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- A Company is Separate Legal Entity distinct from its members. Explain citing leading case laws.
- Briefly explain how the Appropriate Government fixes and reviews minimum rates of wages under Minimum Wages Act,1948.
- Briefly enumerate the rights guaranteed under Part III of the Indian Constitution.
- Write short notes on any three (8 marks each, total 24 marks):-
- Void and Voidable Agreements
- Doctrine of Ultravires under Companies Act, 1956
- Banker-customer relationship
- Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Freedom of Press.
- Write any one (30 marks)
- ‘A’ executed promisory note in favour of’ B ‘for Rs. 50,000. ‘A’ commits breach. Draft a summary suit in accordance with (Order XXXVII) of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.
- Draft a ‘ Leave and Licence Agreement ‘ between Shri Rajat Sharma as Licensor and AXB Bank as Licencees for premises being Flat No. 3, Lijjat Building,’ A’ Road, Anand, Gujarat 360 007.
- Answer following:
- ‘ A ‘ promised to take ‘ B ‘ but for a dinner in Taj Hotel. Even after three weeks, ‘A’ did not fulfill the promise. ‘ B ‘ wants to sue ‘A’ to enforce the promise. Advise. 5m
- Sunrise TV, a Singapore based Satellite TV Company introduces a 5 new channel called ‘ Channel S ‘ which can be viewed in India. The channel is meant only for adults as it telecasts only adult films. The Govt. of India passes a law and bans viewing of this and other similar channels in India and makes reception and circulation of such programmes by Cable TV operators, a punishable offence. This caused considerable financial loss to cable TV operators in India. The cable TV operators federation in New Delhi filed a Writ Petition in the Supreme Court challenging the validity of the new law as contradictory to Art 19(1)(a). Advise the Govt. of India. 5m
- Rahul entered into an Agreement with a banker and deposited two 6 lakhs with banker. The terms of the contract provided, that Rahul’s son Rohan shall be the beneficiary of the deposited amount only if he marries after he attains legally marriageable age. Is the Agreement between Rahul and Banker void ? Explain. 6m
2009’s Law Paper
2009: Part A: Objective
15 questions x 2 = 30 marks.
- Which is the amendment which altered the property right as legal right?
- 42nd Amendment
- 43rd Amendment
- 44th Amendment
- None of these.
- In which case, it was held by the Supreme Court that “Preamble is the basic feature of the Constitution” ?
- Maneka Gandhi
- Swarn Singh
- Keshavanand Bharti.
- The Directive Principles are-
- Positive instructions to the government to work for the attainment of set objectives;
- Negative instructions to the government to refrain from encroaching on the freedom of the people ;
- Directives to the State to enhance the prestige of the country;
- Directives to the government to pursue a policy of non-alignment.
- The Doctrine of” Double Jeopardy” in Article 20 (2) means …………….. .
- Find correct statements: (A) Fundamental duties cannot be enforced by Writs. (B) Fundamental duties can be promoted only by Constitutional methods;
- (a) Only (A) is correct
- (b) Only (B) is correct
- (c) Both (A) and (B) are correct
- (d) Neither (A) nor (B) is correct.
- A standard form of contract is one in which-
- The terms on which mercantile transactions of common occurrence are to be carried out.
- the terms are fixed by one of the parties in advance and are open to acceptance by the other.
- both (a) and (b)
- None of the above.
- Hadley v/s Baxendale is a leading case on
- (a) anticipatory breach
- (b) remoteness of damage
- (c) breach of implied term
- (d) None of the above.
- Non est factum means ………………….. .
- How many number of members can be appointed as Arbitrators?
- (a) One
- (b) Two
- (c) Three
- (d) The parties are free to determine the number of arbitrators provided such number shall not be an even number.
- Grant of temporary injunction by virtue of Section 37 of the Specific Relief Act, 1963 is regulated by-
- (a) CPC 1908
- (b) Indian Contract Act, 1872
- (c) Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- (d) None of the above.
- The term “Sale” in the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 is defined in section _____.
- Leave to Defend may be-
- (a) refused
- (b) granted unconditionally
- (c) granted conditionally
- (d) Either (a), (b) or (c).
- The Right to Information Act came into force on _______.
- The legal maxim Ubi Jus lbi Remedium means _______.
- A Constitution Bench on a reference made by the President of India
must be consisting of _______ number of judges.
2009 Part B: Descriptive
- Briefly answer the following :-
- The Indian Constitution protects the honour and dignity of an individual. Explain in context of Article 21 of the Constitution with reference to decided case laws.
- What are the consequences of mis-statement,in the Prospectus under the Companies Act ? Explain with reference to leading case laws.
- Briefly enumerate the health, safety and welfare provisions contemplated under the Factories Act, 1948 with relevent case laws.
- Write short notes on any three :-
- Doctrine of Indoor Management under Companies Act, 1956.
- Public Interest Litigation
- Right to Education
- Consumer Protection in India
- Right to Information as fundamental right.
- In Suit No. 300 of 2008, the Hon’ble High Court passed an ex parte decree against EXIMBank, Mumbai on 10th November 2009. At the time of service of summons, the Bank had temporarily shifted its office with all the records to another place for the purpose of carrying out renovation and hence, could not contest the suit. Draft a Notice of Motion with supporting affidavit dated l0th December 2009 for setting aside of ex parte decree passed by Hon’ble High Court.
- Solve following, giving reasons
- Ms. Abha applied for a job in response to an advertisement placed by X and Co., a private concern, in the Times of India. Despite the fact that Abha was fully qualified for the job, she was not called for the interview as the employer thought that since a woman has to maintain a family, he should prefer a man to a woman who has no corresponding liability. Will Abha succeed?
- On returning home from the market one day, Mrs. D’souza notices a counterfeit currency note of Rs. 100 while counting the remaining money. To get rid of the counterfeit note, Mrs. D’souza goes to the same shop and purchases shampoo worth Rs. 100 and passes the fake note at the counter. The cashier inspects the note and realizes that it is counterfeit. He calls the police. Will he succeed?
the papers for English comprehension and essay are uploaded in a separate article.
Thanks Mrunal, it will be of great help.
thanks mrunal . can u please suggest me that what is educational criteria for law officer of RBI when the notification is published and what ar phase of selection?
Can you share last 10 years exams papers with solutions or else any study material for preparing for the exams
thanks Mrunal Ji, Papers really helped me to get an idea of the exam in the last minute. Did well !! Thanks and regards.. Keep up the Good work.
respected sir thanks for your service the question paper’s very usefull with I A S exam’s and i have new idea and i was totally confussion in last month but now i am alright thanks sir
sir, i want to give exams for law officers in banks i.e., IBPS. kindly keep me updated with exams for the same.
sir i am preparing for IBPS HR SPECIALIST 2015 ,PLEASE SEND ME SOME SAMPLE QUESTION RELATED TO THAT
Thanks mrunalji.can u send me these law questions with answers please?
sir pls send me previous year papers and model papers of law officer paper [professional knowledge] …m vry much confused pls help me
Sir pls send me previous year paper and modal paper of law officer paper .
Last 5 years solved paper please
Thank u so much….and i again request u to send me the last 5years railway law officer recrutment papers
can i get samples of solved papers
Send me last 5years law officers papers
Can u pls share last 5 years question papers till 2020 of the RBI legal officer grade B examination as I will be giving my examination on 10/01 /2021