@To those who reached upto interview stage in UPSC civil service exam 2011 or 2012 but couldn’t make it to the final list- Here is a good news: Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has got 45 vacancies in District Youth coordinator post (Pay band 3). And guess what? There is no competitive exam anymore, they’ll just shortlist you based on your mains + interview score (+academic record).
- Essential qualifications
- Desirable qualification
- Job profile?
- Selection procedure
- How to Apply?
(As mentioned in the notification itself)
- Declared successful in the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2011/2012 and appeared for interview. (the job-interview shortlisting will be done based on your scores in mains+interview)
- Post Graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University. (see? The benefit of doing any PG distance-course from IGNOU!)
- Age: 21 years and must not have attained the age of 28 years as on 1st January, 2013. (+age relaxation to specific categories as per government instruction. although notification is silent about exact how many years relaxed for SC,ST,OBC,PH.)
At least three years’ experience in youth development activities / rural development / community development / other social sectors including voluntary work in a recognized organization in a responsible position.
Pay band PB-3, Rs. 15600–39100/- + G.P. Rs.5400/- on regular basis.
Nature of work
- Maintain close liaison with District Administration, developmental departments, youth clubs & NGOs
- assist Youth Clubs/NGOs in the formulation of project proposals under Schemes of Financial Assistance of Central Government Departments/Agencies;
- conduct the periodic meetings of District Advisory Committee (DAC), National Youth Corps (NYC) Volunteers and Youth Clubs and proper maintenance of NYK office including personnel administration, coordination with publicity media for image building of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan.
- prepare the Annual Action plan of programmes and activities, proper progrmmes and activities
- Prepare documentation and circulation of supportive and publicity material, maintenance or records and reports
- 450 candidates shall be called for interview/Personality Test for the recruitment in 45 jobs.
- Short listing of applicants will be based on their past academic record and marks obtained in the Civil Services(Main) Examination, 2011/2012 and Interview/ Personality Test in the Civil Services examination, 2011/2012.
- Short Listed candidates will be informed of the Date, Time and Venue of the Interview/Personality test by Post and E-mail.
How to Apply?
- Last date to apply 20th June,2013
- Download the PDF file from here: click me
- Take print out of the application form given in it.
- fill it up
- +add attested copies of by testimonials in respect of Qualification, mains mark sheet, Experience, Proof of Age, Caste Certificate etc.
- put it in an evnvelop. Write “”Special Drive for Recruitment of DYC, NYKS” on the envelop
- mail It to following address
Joint Director (GA),
Nehru Yuva Kendra SangathanCore-4,
Twin Tower Complex,
as per the notification, you can even mail it to email@example.com
in case any doubt/difficulty contact Shri Sunil Malik Joint Director (GA) in person or over Telephone
011-22402813 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtesy and big thanks to Mr. Gaurav Singh Chandel from Bhopal who sending me alert about these vacancies.
Someone, Please share Test-funda CSAT ley. Thanks.
I am getting 67.28 in paper 1 and 145 in paper 2 according to CL keys…any chance about mains????
Paper was quite easy…English passages were straightforward…Unlike UPSC…Expect high cut off
Paper 1 104
Paper 2 95
OBC category please guys what do you think..
total marks 213 OBC please express your esteemed opinion
some people are saying general cut off will be high since paper was easy p1-120 and p2-137.5 can i start my mains preparation without any second thoughts ??
As per me, those who are getting more than 240 can start mains preparation. Others fate remain doubtful as paper was too easy for comfort…All the best
Cross checked my answers – 219-222 could be my final score…
general category – i am confused….
All those who have scored below 230 marks should start preparing for Prelims 2014. Those between 230-240 marks should pray in temple everyday to get over the mind boggling anxiety that will keep you occupied for next 2.5 months as future remains uncertain, those above 240 marks can hope for Mains call and should start preparing for Mains irrespective of the outcome.
abey gandu tu upsc ka tota hai jo jab se bak bak kar raha hai, 240 se upar cutoff gayi to 998 students hi select honge fir mains karane ki jarurat nahi padegi. csat hmesha se easy aaya hai kya badi baat h usme iitians to hamesha xam dete hai, cut-off 210 se neche rahegi is bar, ifs wale bi to hai hmare sath. stop demoralizing others.
No the safe score shall be 400. any thing below 400 is subjected to mood of UPSC and your luck…….. so if u r scoring less than 400…. dont be assured of clearing it and should visit the temple regularly.
And Iam refering to General Category scores
wat abt obc
Paper1 was easy but still tricky.. Paper 2 was same as of previous year level but a lot of reasoning questions…
Apart from it all the answer keys have differences. So predicting cut off to be more than 240 and 250 cant be wholly true…
Career Launchers Key
shall i start for mains?
dude..either your GA score is less or your total is 250..:)
Score as per cl 230. SC category. What chances?
My score looks 85 paper one and around 140 paper 2.. Performance was bad but can’t do much about it know.
Anyone in Hyd and not wanting to go to Delhi,
Any suggestions as to which institution will be better for mains guidance in Hyd?
GS 94 marks
paper 2 – i have attempted 77.. 4 are wrong …
(CL and Shanker keys)
wat about my chance ??
GS 90+CSAT 170=260. …CL key!!
A request to all, please don’t boast on this forum about your prelims score.
It is nice if you have good score, just share it for the sake of letting others know.
It is only qualifying marks, “Hunuz Dilli dur ast”
I beg you please don’t demoralize others or spread rumors.
Is 186 too low for st category?
its not too low for st category. If you are actually getting 186. It should be safe i guess.
220+/-5 (97 + 125)
GEN. Catagory, any chances?
186 st category :(
Any chance for me?
as per shankarias paper-1:: 110 …. paper -2:: 168 — total: 278
IFoS KA CUT OFF KYA HO SAKTA HAI MERA OBC ME 230-240 MARKS HAI.
Very well said kabir.Going by the comments and the marks of the candidates it seems as if no one is willing to say their true marks.Boasting is the order of the day.I would suggest exercising restraint and not make off the cuff remarks.Few go as far as to say that cut off may touch 230.The initial enthusiasm must be tempered by the fact that this time not many wrote the exam.Just 43% in hyderabad,pondicherry,gujarat.
225 according to A.L.S. institute said by gautam sir
the same gautam sir guessed 220 …last year
And the same Gautam sir will predict 230 for next year. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
can any body tell me when new batches are starting for GS Mains preparation in Delhi ?
what coaching classes are good in eng medium ?
and optional geography ?
plz i really need help who are doing coaching in delhi or having experience .. i live in bangaluru doing here job so i have to think according my leave ,
gonna start within few days at several insti. (actually they keep on running batches almost all the tym)….for geography majid hussain, alok ranjan are famous.
I wasn’t able to go beyond prelims last year.( Got GS= 43 and CSAT = 151, total = 194., in 2012)
This time I put very conscious and consistent effort all round the year. I also joined test series with Insight and regularly scored above 50% in GS test series. I became very vulnerable one month ago the Exam and revised ECNOMIC SURVEY , CSY , CHRONICLE and HINDU notes though I know that the portion of current will be very low in exam but I did so because I was worried about current. And as a fallout I wasn’t revise NCERT and Basic subjects niether did CSAT and was very nervous a day before Exam , cant sleep at night before Exam. In morning I prayed the GOD to help me get 80+ in GS , but at end I managed PAPER 1 = 101( GK today keys) and 117( CL keys ) and PAPER 2 = 153 marks thus TOTAL = between 254 and 270 .
I want to say what I feel about the paper and I think it will help other future aspirants too ( also many other ppl may have felt so).
Albeit the Paper was very easy and after reading NCERTs and TMH multiple times (laxmikant , ramesh singh , mrunal etc) AND 2000+ MCQs in each subject , I found that more than 90 questions out of 100 in GS paper were from the MCQs ,I practiced Further 3 passages were also there in CSAT that i have read earlier. But still I am getting only 270 out of 400 and not 380+ ( and I am no dumb , I have solved I E erodov maths and physics ) the point is though the paper was easy but we do make mistakes. ; so I think that cutoff will not reach 220 and 210 to 220 will be safe. This should in no conclude that nobody is crossing 350 marks , I dont know who but may be 1 or 2 individuals were getting ( though extremely difficult).
from which book did u practice mcqs?
@Mrunal, please ask Mr Fanish (though his email) as to which book he had practiced? Or you can give me his email id (after taking permission from him). Please contact him, I want to know as to which book was able to produce 90 out of 100 GS paper 1 questions in the Prelims exam.
and those 3 paragraphs too
@Fanish, Mrunal sir, let me reiterate my question: which book(s) did you (fanish) refer that made you so lucky, that 90% of the quesions and some of the comprehensions matched in the exam? Please answer me. Mrunal sir, please ask fanish to respond to this.
sir getting 50 paper 1&125 paper2 as per vajirams keys.i am applying under ortho handicapped category.what are my chances.
CL and ALS answer keys makes silly mistakes. Vajiram and Ravi is better authentic. So, score slide down to about 10marks from CL/ALS to Vajiram.
I am an aspirant of civil services exam and also a sportsman who wanted to do something for the country but because of lack of facilities I could reach to that level. That is why I decided to take this exam so that what I suffered others should not.
Sir please tell me how can I reach Sports Authority of India through this exam.
hi friends any updates here?