Strategy, booklist, freestudy material given in a separate article, click me
- Brief analysis of RAS Preliminary-2012 paper
- Overall breakup
- Topicwise Breakup
- Rajasthan specific Questions
- History and Culture
- Ancient India
- Modern India
- Rajasthan history
- Rajasthan Culture
- Raj. Literature
- Raj.Music, Dance, Drama
- Raj. Religion
- Geography: world
- Geography India
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Raj. Agriculture related
- Polity India
- Polity Rajasthan
- Government schemes (India)
- Government schemes (Rajasthan)
- Economy (Raj.Budget related)
- Environment & Biodiversity (EnB)
- EnB: Rajasthan Related
- International current affairs
- Persons in News (PIN)
Brief analysis of RAS-2012 paper
Unlike the UPSC CSAT-2013 paper, the RAS-2012 prelims paper had following differences:
- Very few Economy questions and all of them based on current affairs, number based.
- Very few Qs on polity and all of them centered on current affairs / Rajasthan.
- Environment biodiversity matter mostly GK and Rajasthan based.
- Science forms a major part, and mostly based on direct theory from conventional books.
- Current affairs form a significant part- including person in news, awards, events etc.
|polity & Govt Schemes
|IR and PIN
|Music, Dance, Drama
Rajasthan specific Questions
from the above breakup, we can see that out of 100 questions, 40 were from Rajasthan only.
||Rajasthan specific questions
|History and culture
|Geography and Agro
|Environment and biodiversity
|Polity, economy, schemes
let’s look @the questions:
History and Culture
- ‘Tripitaka’ texts are related with which religion? (This question can be classified under Culture-religion also)
- Who is considered as the ‘Modern Man’ of India?
- Nana Saheb
- AO Hume
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- Swami Vivekanand
- Who was first woman President of the Congress?
- Kadambini Ganguli
- Sarojini Naidu
- Annie Besant
- Kamla Nehru
- In which battle did Maharana Sanga defeat Ibrahim Lodi?
- Battle of Khatoli
- Battle of Sarangpur
- Battle of Siwana
- Battle of Khanua
- Which Rajput ruler continued his struggle for independence against Mughals and did not surrender?
- Raja Raisingh of Bikaner
- Rao Chandrasen of Marwar
- Raja Bharmal of Amer
- Maharana Amar Singh of Mewar
- Identify the incorrect pair amongst the following relating the freedom fighters of Rajasthan with the area of their activities.
- Arjun Lal Sethi : Udaipur
- Jai Narayan Vyas : Jodhpur
- Kesari Singh Barhath : Mewar
- Govind Giri : Vagad
- Which amongst the following place was not a centre of the Revolution of 1857?
- Identify the incorrect pair about the dialects of Rajasthan and the area of their prevalence:
- Fall : Bagadi
- Baran : Hadoti
- Karauli : Mewati
- Which of the following is not a sub-dialect of Marwari?
- Who is the author of ‘Prithviraja Vijaya’?
- Chand Bardai
- Prithviraj Chauhan
- Nayachand Suri
- Which category of Rajasthani literature is related to story or narrative genre?
Raj.Music, Dance, Drama
- Which artist associated with music was honoured with Rajasthan Ratna posthumously?
- Khem Chand Prakash
- Mohammed Rafi
- Jagjit Singh
- Bhupen Hazarika
- Identify the incorrect pair relating the folk dances of Rajasthan with their area of prevalence :
- Gindar Dance : Shekhawati
- Dhol Dance : Jalor
- Bamarasia Dance : Bikaner
- Dandia Dance : Marwar
- What is the name of the famous folk drama of Bhils?
- Gopiji Bhatta is related with which folk drama style of Rajasthan?
- Ram mat
- Where is the temple of folk deity Mallinathji located?
- Tilwara (barmer)
- Nagala Jahaz (bharatpur)
- Santhu village (Jalor)
- Panchota village (Jalor)
- Which amongst the following is not as folk Goddess of Rajasthan?
- Chhink Mata
- Karani Mata
- Auwari Mata
- Hidimba Mata
- Which is the famous centre of ‘Blue Pottery’ in Rajasthan?
- Identify the incorrect pair amongst the following :
- Beneshwar Fair : Dungarpur
- BaciShah Fair : Beawar
- Maru Mahotsava : Barmer
- Gautameshwar Fair : Sirohi
- ‘Tarabhant Id Odhani’ is the popular costume of which category of women in Rajasthan?
- Rajput women
- Gurjar women
- Adivasi women
- Jat women
- Which one of the following is not a correct match?
- Finland : Helsinki
- Bolivia : La Paz
- Ethiopia : Lusaka
- Ukraine : Kiev
- Syr and Amy rivers are fall into
- Caspian sea
- Black sea
- Baltic sea
- Aral sea
- Which mountain forms boundary’ between Spain and France?
- Which continent is known as ‘Cradle of Mankind’?
- South America
- Match following
- Arrange the following countries in a descending order according to their area and select the correct answer using the codes given below
Select correct code
- 3, 4, 1, 2
- 2, 3, 4, 1
- 2, 4, 1, 3
- 1, 3, 2, 4
- Which one of the following is the highest Aravalli peak?
- Which of the following rivers originate from MP and drops its water into the Gulf of Khambhat?
- The Parvati
- The Luni
- The Mahi
- The Javai
Geography of Rajasthan
- In which region of the Rajasthan ravines are found?
- Banas Basin
- Mahi Basin
- Luni Basin
- Chambal Basin
- Which mineral of the following is associated with the Jhamar Kota region in Rajasthan?
- Lead and zinc
- Rock phosphate
- In which region of Rajasthan Entisol group of soils are found?
- Which one of the following is not a cause of desertification in Rajasthan?
- Improper soil and water management
- The two important Beryllium producing districts of Rajasthan are
- Udaipur and Jaipur
- Alwar and Jhunjhunu
- Nagour and Pali
- Sirohi and Dungarpur
- Dholpur Power Project will be based on
- match following
|Tribes in Rajasthan
- Match following
||4.Dholpur and Karauli
- Match following
Raj. Agriculture related
- According to 2007 Livestock Census, the total number of livestock in Rajasthan is
- 491 lakh
- 547 lakh
- 579 lakh
- 484 lakh
- The production of foodgrains in Rajasthan in the year 2010-11 was highest after independence. It was.
- 250 lakh tonne
- 235 lakh tonne
- 210 lakh tonne
- 192 lakh tonne
- Which one of the following statements is not correct?
- Wells and tubewells are the main source of irrigation in Rajasthan
- The construction of Gang Canal was completed in 1927
- The water of Indira Gandhi Canal is only used for irrigation
- ‘Khadin’ is a traditional method of water conservation in arid Rajasthan
- RIICO has developed agro-based food parks to promote
- exports of agriculture commodities
- investment In agriculture
- agro-based industries
- In which districts of Rajasthan ‘Khas’ grass is grown?
- Kota, Bundi and Jhalawar
- Dholpur, Kaurali and Alwar
- Ajmer, Bhilwara and Chittorgarh
- Sawai Madhopur,Bharatpur and Tonk
- Match following
- In March 2012, in which state of India, the Election Commission countermanded the Rajya Sabha elections?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Who is the Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee set up to look into the 2G spectrum scandal?
- Mutt Manohar Joshi
- PC Chacko
- AB Bardhan
- Sita Ram Yechury
- In which state of the Indian Union, the government encouraged- a private militia (Selva Judum) and whose action was invalidated by the Supreme Court?
- Madhya Pradesh
- West Bengal
- With which subject, the 97th Constitution Amendment Act of 2012 is concerned?
- Free and compulsory education of children till the age of 14 years
- Organization and working of cooperative societies
- Stringent measures to deal with terrorism
- Provision of Lok Pal to prevent corruption
- Who got membership of the Rajya Sabha by Presidential nomination in 2012?
- Jaya Bachchan
- Hema Malini
- Anu Agha
- Which of the following areas were integrated at the seventh stage (November 1, 1956) of the integration of Rajasthan?
- Matsya Sangh
- Ajmer and Abu
Government schemes (India)
- The main objective of Rajeev Avas Yojana (RAY) is
- to provide free houses to BPL families
- to provide free houses to SC/ST families
- to provide interest free loan for construction of houses in rural areas
- slum free India
- Which of the following being responsibility for the planning, execution and implementation of MGNREG schemes?
- Gram Sabha
- Gram Panchayat
- State Government
- Desert Development Programme is being implemented in 16 districts of Rajasthan. This programme is being founded
- 100% by Government of India
- 100% by Government of Rajasthan
- In the ratio of 50 : 50 by both the governments
- 75% by Government of India and 25% by Government of Rajasthan
Government schemes (Rajasthan)
- In which year Rajasthan Mission on livelihood was started?
- Hon’ble CM’s seven point programme is related to
- rural development of Rajasthan
- empowerment of women in Rajasthan
- eradication of poverty in Rajasthan
- agricultural -development of Rajasthan
Economy (Raj.Budget related)
- What is true with the present position of revenue account in the budget of Rajasthan?
- Revenue deficit is alarming
- Revenue deficit is under control
- Revenue deficit is lower than other neighbouring states
- There is revenue surplus
- Indicate the share of industries in GSDP of Rajasthan in 2010-11 at 2004-05 prices.
- The Rajasthan Government announced in the budget 2012 to Set-up a Hydrology and Water Management Institute. In which of the following district, it is being established?
- In microwave oven, the microwave tube used is
- a combination of klystron and magnetron tubes
- klystron tube
- magnetron tube
- travelling wave tube
- In fibre-optics communication, the signal travels in the form of
- light wave
- radio wave
- micro wave
- electric wave
- Dynamo is a machine which is used for
- conversion of high voltage to low voltage
- conversion of low voltage to high voltage
- conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy
- conversion of mechanical energy to electrical energy
- A 100 W electric bulb is used for 10 hours. What will be the cost of electricity consumed, if the consumption cost is Rs. 5 per unit?
- Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
- The saliva helps in the digestion of
- In television broadcast, the picture signals are transmitted by
- amplitude modulation
- frequency modulation
- phase modulation
- angle modulation
- The cooling by a desert cooler is based on
- hot air replacement
- air dehydration
- evaporative cooling
- air rehydration
- ‘Dry ice’ is
- frozen ice
- frozen carbon dioxide
- frozen water
- frozen oxygen
- The halogen being used as analgesic is
- The IC chip is used in computer is made of
- The first metal used by man was
- Linseed is a rich source of
- vitamin C
- omega-3 fatty acid
- essential amino acids-
- The latest technique used to establish identity of a human being based ,on biotechnological principles is
- biomatrix analysis
- genome sequencing
- DNA fingerprinting
- The optimum sound level for human beings, is
- 90 db
- 60 db
- 120 db
- 100 db
- A biotechnique in which ultrasonic sound is used
- Daily energy required by a hard worker man is
- 3000 kilocalorie
- 2700 kilocalorie
- 4000 kilocalorie
- 6000 kilocalorie
Environment & Biodiversity (EnB)
- Biodiversity day is celebrated on
- December 29
- June 27
- February 28
- January 30
- Ozone layer is above the Earth crust around
- 50 km
- 300 km
- 2000 km
- 20 km
- Which one of the following is not a Project Tiger Reserve in India?
- Which one of the following is the main cause of the ecological imbalance in India?
- Floods and Famine
- Rainfall variations
- If all the plants and trees vanish from the Earth, the gas which will decrease is
- carbon dioxide
- water vapour
- In which year the Wildlife Protection Act was introduced in India?
EnB: Rajasthan Related
- Where was first Solar Park in Rajasthan will be established?
- Balotra (barmer)
- Badla (Jodhpur)
- Pokaran (Jaisaimer)
- Shergarh (jodhpur)
- Which of the following institutions has been playing a leading role to promote generation of non-conventional energy in Rajasthan?
- The Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation
- The Rajasthan Non-Conventional Energy Corporation
- The Rajasthan Non-conventional Power Generation Corporation
- The Solar Power Policy was announced first time by the Government of Rajasthan in the year
- In Rajasthan, there is great potential of bio-mass energy because of
- availability of desert area
- availability of sun-heat
- availability of livestock stock
- availability of mustard husk
- Consider the following statements : In Rajasthan, development of gas based power plants becomes most appropriate and preferred option for meeting the peak energy demand on following grounds
- The state has no coal reserves.
- It is most renewable source of energy.
- Hydro potential has already been exploited.
- Gas-based power plants need less water compared to coal-based power plants.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
- 1 and 4
- 1, 3 and 4
- 1, 2 and 3
- 1 and 3
- Match following
|A.National Desert Park
International current affairs
- In. which country the Arab spring witnessed its inauguration in 2011?
- Which new state came into being in 2011?
- East Timor
- West Sahara
- North Korea
- South Sudan
- Where was the seventeenth conference of SAARC held in 2011?
- With which country India signed 2 + 2 treaty in 2010?
- Russian Federation
- Which country’s resolution was supported by India in the United Nations Human- Rights Council that condemned suppression of Tamil militants in Sri Lanka?
- Russian Federation
- With which country India signed a treaty in 2011 for the exploration of oil resources in South China Sea?
- Where was held the fifteenth conference of the non-aligned nations in 2009?
- Kuala Lumpur
- On which date in 2012 Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas celebration at Jaipur was inaugurated?
- January 5
- January 7
- January 9
- January 11
- Which party got notable success in the Parliamentary elections under the leadership of Suu Kyi held in Myanmar in 2012?
- Democratic Party
- League for Democracy
- National League
- National League for Democracy
Persons in News (PIN)
- Against which Judge, the Rajya Sabha passed the Motion of Impeachment in 2011, but he resigned to save himself before it could be passed by the Lok Sabha?
- Justice V Ramaswami
- Justice Bhattacharya
- Justice Soumitra Seri
- Justice PD Dinakaran
- Which Maoist leader was finished by the security forces in 2011?
- Charu Majumdar
- Kanu Sanyal
- Which Indian has been elected as a Judge of the International Court of Justice in 2012?
- Nagendra Singh
- BN Rau
- Dalveer Bhandari
- Dinkar Lal Bhandari
- Who was honoured with Bharat Ratna in 2009?
- Pandit Ravi Shankar
- Lata Mangeshkar
- Bismillah Khan
- Bhimsen Joshi
- In which game Saina Nehwal earned international recognition and was awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Prize in 2010?
Exam related Technical details
Thanks Mr.csl80 for these details.