- 100 marks 3 hours. Exam taken in September 2014
- Answer any five questions.
- In case the candidate answered more than five questions, only the first five answers will be evaluated and the rest of the answers will be ignored.
- All questions carry equal marks. (20 marks for each question).
- Each question should be answered on new page and the question number must be written on the top.
- The answers of parts of the same question, if any, should be written together. In other words, the answer of another questions should not be written in-between the parts of a question.
- Marks will be deducted for illegible hand-writing.
- Answers will be evaluated on the basis of perspective, analysis, and presentation.
- Answers must be written either in English or in Hindi. However, all the questions should be answered in one language only. Answer-books written partly in English-and partly in Hindi will not be evaluated.
- Candidate should use only Blue or Black ink pen/Ball point pen to write the answers.
- The Name, Roll No. and other entries should be written in the answer-scripts at the specified places only and these should not be written anywhere else in the answer script and supplements used, if any.
List of Questions
- Explain different indices for measuring economic development. Which measure is most appropriate according to you and why?
- “Deepening challenge of the climate change is the area that requires immediate global attention”. Discuss.
- Write note on following:
- Explain the provisions under MGNREGA.
- Examine the challenges of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) with respect to MGNREG Scheme.
- Examine the inter-relationship of food inflation and rising wages in rural areas of India.
- Explain the causes of India’s rising sexual crime graph. What measures would you suggest to prevent the same?
- “Increasing unemployment in India reveals that we are not able to put our demographic dividend to good use”. Discuss.
- Explain :—
- Trends of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India
- FDI in Insurance
- Critically evaluate the J P Nayak committee’s recommendations to dismantle the government’s stakes in nationalized banks.
- Explain the contribution of service sector in income, employment and export in India.
- Write notes on any two:
- Malnutrition in India
- Use of social media in education : a boon or bane
- Problem of child labour in India
- Declining sex ratio.
Courtesy: Mr. Hari krishnan D, for sharing the mains 2014 papers.
For more on RBI Officers’ previous papers, cutoffs, studyplans and interview tips, visit: Mrunal.org/ibps#RBI
Sir plz re-focus IBPS PO 4 strategy.
plz practice ibps cwe specialist officer paper/gmat/cat/sat/nmat/mat etc.
Masha Allah, upsc kuch seekhe rbi walo se. paper kaisa dalna chahiye.
SIR plz post ibps po cutoff for OBC to get job.
Pavan, ibps cutoffs are available on their official website.
I am not able to register for the Uttrakhand PCS. Whenever I finish the form, it says “Error! You used special characters that are not allowed in the form.”
Albeit I didn’t use any special characters, I keep on getting this message whenever I try to register.
Is anyone facing a similar issue?
Please provide me the link . Also try filling a bogus form with just ‘abcdabcdabcd ‘
Harsh, u r kindly requested to either update ur java sript or reinstall java script again.
I was also not able to fill the Uttarakhand form. I sent multiple emails and called numerous times but to no avail. Now, the last date is over. Is there anything that can be done?
I was also not able to fill the Uttarakhand form. I sent multiple emails and called numerous times but to no avail. Now, the last date is over. Is there anything that can be done like approaching them or court physically (I stay in Delhi)?
This paper was a tough one though it looks easy at first glance..managed to complete the paper in time however..I think it was one of the best descriptive paper of my life. Thank u Mrunal sir
Was there any word limit for each question ?
Can u plz explain me dis news..
Reserve Bank to pick talent via UPSC-like test
i. The Reserve Bank of India will adopt a common recruitment system from next year to tap talent for its core functions. The larger objective is to strengthen itself in the changing economic scenario.
ii. “Starting from 2015, there shall be common recruitment for all core functions of the bank,” the RBI said in an internal report on HR initiatives.
iii. At present, it recruits officers and support staff for core and non-core functions through different examinations, such as the Grade ‘B’ officers level exam. The RBI now has about 17,000 employees.
iv. The proposed common recruitment will not only cover traditional areas such as economics and statistics but also include niche skills, such as risk management, financial markets trading, accounting, legal, human resources management and counselling.
v. The officers that are recruited will have a common seniority. In effect, it will be like the common cadre under the All India Services of the Union Public Service Commission.
vi. The Reserve Bank Services Board hopes to complete the entire recruitment cycle within three to four months.
Currently it seems like Drupal is the preferred blogging platform out there right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you’re using on your blog?|
Which book i should prefer for social issues for NABARD Gr A officer descriptive paper?
Which book i should prefer for social issue for nabard AM phase 2 exam?
sir, i would like to ask you sir how to prepare for reserve bank of India for grade “b” officer
please suggest me for preparing for this exam.
Sir please help in study plan and strategy for RBI GR.B new pattern examination for phase 2.
I want the previous question paper of DEPR RBI exam, especially Paper 1 on Economic and Social issues. And kindly give some book references for this also.