- Economy, Development
- Science, Religion, society
- Environment, Healthcare
- Want to participate?
- True character of a democratic country is in its adherence to the due process of law. (during SC hearing on custodial torture.)
- Regional chauvinism- the biggest threat to federalism.
- Majoritarian Populism is as bad as an authoritarian state. Context: this Hindu column
- Proactive citizens are nation’s greatest asset- Modi
- Terrorism- an evil scourge against whole of mankind. (MEA Spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin)
- Can undoing the wrongs of past, cure all the problems of India? (Jaitley says alone it can’t)
- Non-violence and peaceful coexistence- the key determinants of Indian philosophy.
- Universalism and collective security- the final objectives of state policy.
- India needs its own growth-model without upscaling western ideas.
- Second generation of economic reforms in India needs more than just one big bang idea. (Jaitley).
- Cleanliness is the greatest service to the poor- Modi
- Can social intervention alone eradicate inequality & social disparity?
- Growth strategies cannot succeed without equality of opportunity.
- Can growth and social inclusion can be pursued together?
- New urbanism in India.
- Emotional intelligence — A novel psychological vaccine. (seminar topic).
- science and faith take us to the same place.
- Scientific temper among Indian citizens. (Context: Modi linking Ganesha and Mahabharat with scientific innovation)
- To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit. (says Stephen Hawking)
- India needs to spurn western model of feminism. (says Commerce minister Nirmala Sitharaman. Recall earlier Emma Watson too highlighted faults in that model.)
- Society does not go down because of the activities of criminals, but because of the inactivity of the good people. (Swami vivekanand. Edmund Burke too made similar quote.)
- Climate change can’t be reverted without bringing the North-South Divide. (G20 Sherpa Suresh Prabhu).
- Non Communicable Diseases (NCD)- the major threat to national development. [says report of World Economic Forum]
- Can India move beyond the conflicts between conservation and development?
- Can development and environment protection go hand in hand?
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:
For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.