- Mrunal’s Economy (Full): Live Online Course for UPSC-2020
- Timing and Launch Date
- Fees & Admission Process
- Yes Mitron, UPSC has notified the exam calendar for 2020. The Civil Services IAS/IPS Prelim-2020 exam is scheduled on 31.05.2020, which leaves about 280 days as I write this. Although, considering the volume of syllabus for general studies and optional subjects, and given the difficulty level of last two years’ papers, it’s a challenging task nonetheless.
- In Prelim-2019: Economy & Government schemes portion occupied more than 1/5th of the questions, and majority of these MCQs were focused on Contemporary Affais. It creates both opportunity and challenge for the Prelims-2020 ahead. Opportunity because economy is more scoring compared to certain other subjects of GS. Challenge because paper has become more Contemporary Affais oriented so a candidate has to cover more ground and put more efforts than before.
- In this regard, I’m pleased to inform my new batch for Economy for Prelims-2020, starting from at Unacademy Plus with weekly classes for four months, quiz and doubt solutions.
- Further, under Unacademy’s unique subscription model, it also unlocks the access to ALL other ongoing full length courses for Prelims and Mains, be it Roman Saini’s Mains Essay writing or Mudit Gupta’s Polity and International Relations or History by Anuj Garg, or various optional subjects’ full length courses be it
- The features of this Prelim-2020 batch are as followings:
- Course Content: I’ll be teaching Economy including its theory, Contemporary Issues & Current Affairs including the latest Budget-2019, Economic Survey, spread across weekly classes for four months.
- Target Exam: UPSC Civil Services IAS/IPS Prelims 2020.
- Medium of Instruction: Hindi.
- Study-Material: PDF handouts for Rapid Revision before the Prelims in English text. Handout also has Hindi terminologies for important technical words so that vernacular medium mains aspirants’ time is saved.
- Further details about the course are given in the following YouTube video
Registrations are now open, Weekly Live online classes starting from October. However, if you join earlier you get to cover the other subjects of General Studies by the great educators of Unacademy under the ‘Batch System’. My (tentative) Schedule is like this:
|Thursday, 10/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar# 1: Money: Functions & Types- From legal tenders to Cryptocurrencies-I|
|Friday, 11/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar# 1: Money: Functions & Types- From legal tenders to Cryptocurrencies-II|
|Saturday, 12/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar# 1: Money: Functions & Types- From legal tenders to Cryptocurrencies-III|
|Thursday, 17/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Monetary Policy- Part-I|
|Friday, 18/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Monetary Policy- Part-II|
|Saturday, 19/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Monetary Policy- Part-III|
|Thursday, 24/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Banking Sector: Evolution & Classification-1|
|Friday, 25/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Banking Sector: Evolution & Classification-2|
|Saturday, 26/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Burning Issues in Banking Sector: NPA, BASEL-III etc. Part1|
|Thursday, 31/10/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1B: Burning Issues in Banking Sector: NPA, BASEL-III etc. Part2|
|Friday, 1/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1C: Finance,SEBI, Sharemarket, Companies Act-1|
|Saturday, 2/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1C: Finance,SEBI, Sharemarket, Companies Act-2|
|Friday, 8/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1D: Insurance & Financial Inclusion-1|
|Saturday, 9/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#1D: Insurance & Financial Inclusion-2|
|Friday, 15/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-1: Introduction|
|Saturday, 16/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-2: Direct Taxes|
|Friday, 22/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-3: Indirect Taxes & GST|
|Saturday, 23/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-4: 15thFC, Black Money|
|Friday, 29/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-5: Revenue Expenditure, Subsidies|
|Saturday, 30/11/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-6: Disinvestment, Deficit|
|Thursday, 5/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#2: Budget-7: FRBM, Budgeting|
|Friday, 6/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#3: Balance of Payment – Current & Capital Account P1|
|Saturday, 7/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#3: Balance of Payment – Current & Capital Account P2|
|Friday, 13/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#3: Balance of Payment – Currency Exchange & other issues|
|Saturday, 14/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#3: WTO, Trade Agreements & Protectionism|
|Thursday, 19/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy-Agriculture Issues & Schemes-1|
|Friday, 20/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy-Agriculture Issues & Schemes-2|
|Saturday, 21/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy- Mfg, Services, Ease of Doing Biz|
|Friday, 27/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy-Textile, MSME, NITI, Planning Commission|
|Saturday, 28/12/19||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy-Unemployment, GDP-1|
|Friday, 3/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy-GDP-2|
|Saturday, 4/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#4: Sectors of Economy-Inflation, CPI, WPI, IIP|
|Friday, 10/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#5: Infrastructure-1|
|Saturday, 11/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#5: Infrastructure-2|
|Friday, 17/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#5: Infrastructure-3|
|Saturday, 18/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#6: Human Development: Reports, Indices, Policies & Schemes-1|
|Friday, 24/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#6: Human Development: Reports, Indices, Policies & Schemes-2|
|Saturday, 25/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Pillar#6: Human Development: Reports, Indices, Policies & Schemes-3|
|Thursday, 30/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Microeconomics for Prelims|
|Friday, 31/1/20||9PM to 11:30PM||Final Revision, Updation, & Economic Survey|
- These live classes can be accessed anywhere in the world through your mobile, tablet, laptop, PC.
- If class is missed, recordings can be watched. However, I would encourage the participants to attend the live class, because that’ll bring discipline in your study routine and you can absorb & ruminate the lecture & study material in a structured manner, [instead of creating backlog of shows and then doing ‘binge-watching’ at once.]
- Link for Registration: Click Me. Use the promo-code “Mrunal.org” at checkout page to available 10% discount.
- In Delhi, there are “fullfledged” UPSC coaching classes that teach all the GS subjects (Geography, environment, economy, polity, history & culture, science technology and current affairs & CSAT Aptitude) under one roof at fees above ₹ 1.50 lakh rupees. But you cannot pick and choose the faculties for individual subject, so usual scenario is that some faculties (usually the founder(s) of the class) are good, while some subjects’ faculties are not so good but you have to live with that, despite paying high fees.
- Another Delhi model is “subject module classes” i.e. individual subject faculty will run his own class for only one subject (say geography, economy or history). Here you can pick and choose the courses and faculties. Still, even if 34 ‘subject module’ classes are joined, the collective fee will be ~36,000 to 45,000/ and the cost of monthly food and room-rent is extra.
- So, Unacademy plus has developed a subscription model, to provide a better way to prepare for UPSC Civil Services Exam (CSE), wherein full length classes of all subjects (Geography, environment, economy, polity, history-culture, science technology and current affairs, CSAT Aptitude & more) are available at one platform, and you can pick and choose the subject wise expert educator for live lectures, watch and rewatch their recorded lectures along with quiz and study material, without any restriction on number of courses enrolled. So, just one subscription that unlocks everything for all subjects, even optional subjects!
|Feature||Delhi “Full Fledged” Classes||Delhi “Subject Module Classes”||Unacademy Plus platform subscription model:|
|All subjects are taught under one roof?||Yes, but each subject faculty may not be great.||No||Yes, and you can pick and choose educator for individual subject|
|Candidate can pick and choose the faculty of his liking?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Fees||₹ 1.50 lakh plus||Depends on No.of Subjects Enrolled e.g 3-4 subjects:
~₹ 36,000 to 45,000/-
|For less than ₹ 2,620/- per month**, IF you USEand Use PROMOCODE “mrunal.org” to avail further 10% discount. at the checkout page.No fees for individual subject or individual educator.|
|Additional Cost of Food, Room Rent at Delhi||Yes||Yes||Not Applicable|