🗞🎧 DCP19/Jan/23: Open Pit Mining, ASER Report, Sexual Harassment of Female Wrestlers, & more Daily Current Affairs Pipudi for UPSC
- EcoPill1A1-Barter System: AIR INDIA used to pay painters such as Vasudeo Gaitonde, M F Husain in air tickets for drawing paintings for Air India’s offices.This massive collection of artworks, known as the ‘Maharaja Collection’, is now formally transferred to the National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA)
- EcoPill1B2:Bad Loans: ⚾️📻⚾️🎙✋RESERVE Bank of India (RBI) on came out with a discussion paper on loan loss provisions, based of an expected loss (EL) on forward approach for provisioning by banks in the case of loans defaulted by borrowers.
- EcoPill6: HRD: Annual Status of Education Report (ASER)-2022 released by NGO Pratham: 1) percentage of children attending government school increased from 65% (2018) to 73% (2022) because poor parents cannot afford the fees of private schools. 2) only 20% class3 kids can read class2 books.
- Environment/Pollution: Greta had been protesting against the expansion of open-cast / open pit mine in North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany. Open-cast mining is a method of extracting minerals and resources from the earth by removing the soil and rock on top to access the valuable deposits underneath. This method can be quicker and more efficient than underground mining, but it can also cause significant damage to the environment and local communities. Dangers include destruction of habitats, loss of biodiversity, soil erosion, and water pollution.
- Ethics : Attitude towards women: Top female wrestler Sakshi Malik and Vinesh Phogat accuse BJP MP-WFI head Brij Bhushan of sexual harassment.
- Ethics: Corporate Ethics- Startup GOMECHANIC company’s founder, Amit Bhasin admitted to financial reporting errors like inflating revenues. Now he is forced to remove 70 per cent of its staff as the entire business needs to be restructured.
- Ethics: VIP-culture: TEJASVI SURYA, national president of the BJP Yuva Morcha and MP from Bengaluru South accused of “accidentally” opened the emergency exit of an IndiGo aircraft. However, he maintains that he accidentally made this mistake. Passenger aircraft have emergency doors? They are intended to help passengers and crew quickly leave an aircraft in an emergency — a ditching, crash-landing, a burning aircraft, when smoke fills the cabin, or any other event that may require an immediate evacuation. Critics argue that if he was not the BJP president, then airport security staff would have not let him go so easily.
- Quote: Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy. — Isaac Newton
- IR/Defense: Pakistan was Major Non-NATO Ally (MNNA) — which entitles it to certain benefits. But Now USA to revoke this status.
- GPSC/PIN-Death: SOCIAL WORKER and Padma Shri awardee Prabhaben Shah of Union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman, and Diu passed