What is IPCC?
- IPCC: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- H.Q in Geneva
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is the leading international body for the assessment of climate change.
- It was established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in 1988.
- To have a clear view on the present scenario of Climate change and its future impact on Enviornment, Livelihood, Economics.
- It does not conduct any research nor does it monitor climate related data or parameters.
It merely assesses the most recent scientific, technical and socio-economic information produced worldwide relevant to the understanding of climate change.
- Thousand of scientists contribute to provide info voluntarily.
- It is open to all member countries of the United Nations (UN) and WMO. Currently 195 countries are members of the IPCC.
The Structure of IPCC
Each group assess the report in their respective proficiency and then a succinct conclusion can be configured out.
IPCC reports: how are they prepared?
Check this flow-chart
timeline of reports
|Assessment Reports||Year of Publication|
The fourth Assessment Report (AR4) of the intergovernmental panel on climate change (IPCC) said that most of the warming that has taken place since the middle of the last century is very likely the result of increase in the concentration of human-induced greenhouse gases. A hot topic.
Fodder material can be mug up through the Yojana – Disaster Management in India, comprising
- Harnessing technology to employ systems which can efficiently predict monsoon, Early Warning System and bla.. bla.
- Formulating a National Action Plan.
- Implementation and regular assessment
- Ascertaining the post disaster effects which are generally not counted in monetary terms as well as social terms.
- Encourage the people to emit less and to plant more and all that.
- Formulating the new policies like Carbon Trading, whose target is to ultimately bring down the concentration of GHG irrespective of the nations.
This was a Guest article by Mr.Arpan Gupta
I saw in one jobs alert site,they mentioned 19-May-2012 UPSC Prelims and Mains in November-2012(i forget the date) . is it rite? If yes,why Mains moved to November instead of October??? Is there any change in mains pattern??Please advise . Many thanks in advance.
why you didn’t update ipcc 5th report which came in 2014-15
sorry but i dint understand the relevance of disaster management in India with IPCC..
can u please tell which month’s yojna u talking about
Sir please provide a comprehensive write up for the fourth assessment report of working group of IPCC.
Sir, what does TSU and SPM stand for in the above article???
Sir Any particular book please mansion cause soom basic are also have clear