- Corruption and Crime
- Public Services and Accountability
- India and World
- Society and Religion
Write an essay on any one of the following topics, in not more than 2500 words. (250 marks)
- Indian way of life has made all laws and institutions function defectively.
- Criminalisation of politics is anathema to the sacredness of democracy.
- Corruption- the formidable enemy of the India.
- Corruption is the violator of human rights, mother of economic imbalance.
- Immoral acquisition of wealth destroys the energy of people believing in honesty.
- Injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere. (Martin Luther King Jr.)
- The basis of Optimism is sheer terror. (Oscar Wilde)
- Without re-invention of the civil service, the promise of socio-economic reforms is hollow.
- Importance of probity in public life.
- Accountability is the soul of public service.
- Over the years, India has outgrown its institutions. (Rajanbhai)
- We don’t need more state or less state but rather better state intervention. (Nobel Economist Jene Tirole).
- Re-emergence of India on the global stage. (Norway PM)
- India an amazing country with unlimited potential (Zuckerberg)
- Today’s World needs Universalist, tolerant and rationalist ideals more than ever before.
- Organized religion is the biggest obstacles in the path of God. (Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi-because all religious leaders have become centres of power, money, corruption, fraudulence.)
- Child labor perpetuates all forms of social evils. (Nobel laureate Kailash Satyarthi: child labour=>illiteracy => poverty =>lack of family planning=>population explosion =>more poverty => more child labour, child-abuse, alcoholism.)
- In place of a ‘rural-urban dichotomy’, the phenomenon of ‘rural-urban continuum’ is the order of the day. (Pranab)
- With community resilience and civil defence system, India can sustain any disaster and disease outbreak.
- Hindu, Muslims, Indians, Pakistanis – all need to join a common struggle for education and against extremism. (Nobel Committee chairman on selection of 2014 peace prize winners).
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:
For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.