- Result PDF links
- @those who couldn’t clear CSAT-2014
- @Those who cleared
UPSC has uploaded result for CSAT-2014 preliminary exam
- For Civil service click me ~16,900 candidates selected. (So Delhi-rumor that 20,000 will clear prelim turns out to be fake.)
- For Forest service click me ~1100 candidates selected.
I stopped applying in UPSC since a long time, but the gang members cum content writers Rajtanil and Shivaram have cleared
Moral of the story: sharing knowledge with others, doesn’t reduce your competitive chances.
I know how much it hurts. In 2008, I gave my first prelim and despite high hopes, I failed. Why?
- I had underestimated Delhi and all India level competition. So while my preparation was ‘good’ but not ‘excellent’- in terms of number of hours spent every day in reading, revision and practice.
- Pushed too much luck in negative marking to cross imaginary cutoffs.
- I had relied on chronicle, wizard, CST for both current affairs and static-theory preparation using their ‘prelim-special history-geography-science’ etc. editions.
- I did not touch Hindu because I thought those magazines were sufficient. Besides Hindu paper wasn’t available at my place, so it gave me convenient excuse from that majoori.
- I read NCERTs and Laxmikanth, but in a causal manner, hardly any revision.
- I never bothered to solve past UPSC papers on my own – to find the source of question and topicwise trend. Otherwise I would not have made the mistakes number 3, 4 and 5.
- I did not maintain notes for anything.
- I did not prepare aptitude in exhaustive manner, only mugged up a few formulas and “read” a few sums. I was a math-hater therefore a grave-digger myself.
- In those pre-CSAT years, we had to give optional subject’s paper as well. In Public Administration, I had prepared Laxmikanth but, did not focus on Mohit, Prasad etc, nor did I maintain notes for the thinkers and their quotes.
Back in those days, internet was a ‘luxury’, and hardly any online resources available. All the “How-to” was concentrated only in the coaching factories of Delhi.
The world has changed a lot in last six years. But those who fail in prelims, they continue to make similar set of mistakes even today. and 2014, new factors crept in:
- Anti-CSAT protests, whether Government will postpone the prelim or not? That uncertainty would have affected preparation of many.
- CSAT-2014 was rather a trend breaker particularly in the environment-agro part as we saw during answer key analysis. But in such unusually tough papers, the first timers make silly mistake of ticking too many MCQs on gut-feeling, in fear of ‘imaginary cutoffs’, thus dig their own graves.
Anyways, the debate over cutoffs, question quality, UPSC’s back-breakingTM and back-strengtheningTM moves- will never end. But at some point, you’ve have to find and rectify the mistakes. Otherwise, can’t hope for a different result, if you keep doing the same things. And the nature of UPSC exam is such that you’ll end up wasting 3-4 attempts without even realizing that time has passed so quickly and precious years of youthlife are gone.
- Large scale vacancies announced in ACIO and NICL. You can check their last dates on left hand navigation column.
- Soon IGNOU will launch registration forms for its PG programs for December cycle. do register yourself for any decent course of your choice.
As I keep saying never put all eggs in one basket. Always have “backup” ready in advance. The fact that you care to read this far- shows that you’re a serious player, and I’ve no doubt that you’ll be a successful person sooner or later. But Hard work, perseverance and at the ability to learn from mistakes= essential.
Congratulations. Next stage: you’ve to fillup a new form called “DAF application form”
|detail||civil service||forest service|
|form will be uploaded on UPSC site||28th October to 11th Nov.||17 to 31 October|
|last date to print and send paper-post of that form to UPSC office||18th November||7th November|
|Mains exam starts from||14th December Sun.||22nd November Sat.|
un-helpdesk because they rarely respond, and every guy gives a new or vague answer: 011-23385271, 011-23098543 or 011-23381125
This time, Lord Curzone specifically mentioned in the result PDF itself that:
- they won’t release Answerkey and cutoffs before entire process is over (i.e. 2015- after interview and final selection)
- They won’t entertain any RTI in this regard.
I had won this case at CIC level few years ago, but UPSC went to high court. Since then just Taarikh pe taarikh and I don’t even have Sunny Deol to fight my case.
|Civil service||407292 , 051913, 990000 , 990001 , 990002 , 990003 , 990004 , 990005 , 990006 , 990007 , 990008|
|Forest service||None. lucky guys.|
This year’s timetable, yet to be uploaded. But here is last year’s timetable for reference for first time players. You can see 2 papers every day, hardly any holiday between two exams.
|2 Dec. 2013||9 to 12||Essay|
|2 to 5||Compulsory English language paper|
|3 Dec. 2013||9 to 12||GS1|
|2 to 5||GS2|
|5th Dec. 2013||9 to 12||GS3|
|2 to 5||GS4|
|7th||9 to 12||Optional Paper 1|
|2 to 5||Optional Paper 2|
|8th||9 to 12||regional language paper|
click me to download PDF.