- Democracy and Development
- Globalization, Diplomacy
- Science, Education, History
- Society, Culture, Religion
- GS4: Ethics Paper
Essay list for December week2 and week4 will be released soon.
- Apoplectic secularism, paranoid minoritarianism and repressive majoritarianism in India.
- Democracy is not an instrument to attain power but a solemn commitment to serve the people (Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi)
- Though we live in a world of nation-states, the idea of a homogeneous nation-state is clearly problematic. (Hamid Ansari)
- Tradition and Revolution: The two concepts driving socio-political changes across ages.
- Fight to eradicate poverty or quest for shared prosperity? (World banking moving from former to later.)
- Development & good governance are the only ways ahead for India (Modi)
- When socially divisive issues are frozen for future generations to tackle…
- Democracy is one that promotes free speech, protects liberties and safeguards minority rights.
- Ordinance raj: Constitutional impropriety or a necessity of Modern times?
- A prudent foreign policy requires not “non-alignment” but selective alignments on the basis of mutual benefit across geographical and ideological divides.
- A prudent foreign policy requires both pragmatism and opportunism.
- Walls that prevent danger, also prevent entry of knowledge.
- From Arab “spring” to Arab “winter”. (Context: ISIS and the rise of extremism)
- Education system is not meant to produce robots, but to develop a holistic humanist vision along with science and technology,” (Modi)
- The propensity to read the past into the present and the present into the past, is hazardous. (Hamid Ansari)
- History without political Science has no fruit and Political Science without History has no roots ( Professor John Seeley)
- The undercurrents of Anti-modernism in Modern India.
- In history lies all the secrets of statecraft. (Churchill)
- Truth is a Pathless Land. (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
- All identities are unnecessary except human being. (Jiddu Krishnamurti) Elaborate
- “Freedom is a state of nothingness” (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
- Wisdom brings freedom. (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
- Humanity is inseparable from divinity (Charles Dickens)
- Syncretism. (Meaning union of different systems of belief. Context: Ghar-Waapsi / religious conversions.)
- When secularism becomes empty and religions become theocratic…
- In the search for modernity and development, India has compromised on “quality”.
- Modern man and Spiritual Alzheimer. (Pope says the lust for power, is creating this disease among men)
- Communalism: a challenge to peace. (N. Ram)
- Parliamentary obstructionism- a challenge to democracy. (Jaitley)
- Relevance of Yoga for Modern world (This column got sufficient points)
- Patriarchy and gender injustice: the defining characteristics of societies around the world.
- Human identity altered by digital boom.
- Men are simultaneously both perpetrators and victims of gender inequality
- India: the superpower in spiritual world (Rajnath Singh)
Discuss / elaborate following statements:
- “Success cannot be achieved by endless squabbling, but by accepting responsibility and acting decisively.” Elaborate preferably with personal triumph.
- Continuous personal development is essential in order to make positive contribute towards society. Elaborate preferable with personal experience.
- “To win the respect and affection of people, to find the best in others, to leave the world a little better-This is success.” Elaborate with example of a famous personality. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Credibility, respectability and trust- the three defining pillars of an exemplary leadership. Elaborate with example of a famous leader.
- Discuss the significance of government process re-engineering for assuring good governance. (Modi says he’ll be doing this).
- Sources of Good Governance: Simple and Inclusive technology and processes. (Ravi Shankar Prasad).
- Suggest novel remedies to change the bureaucratic mindset from ABCD [Avoid Bypass, Confuse, and Delay] to ROAD [Responsibility Ownership Accountability Discipline]. (Context: Modi says he’ll do this).
- Psychological warfare exists in all walks of life (Viswanath Anand)
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on Google drive. (or write on paper, scan and upload as pdf on google drive) Then comment below this article with two things:
For earlier lists, visit Mrunal.org/essays.