- Zee Jaipur Litt. Festival
- Places in News
Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
8th edition of this festival, held at Jaipur’s Diggi Palace.
|DSC Prize for South Asian Literature ($50,000)||
|Ojas Art Award||Bhajju Shyam (Gond artist) won 1st Prize – 51,000 rupees.|
|Khushwant Singh Memorial Prize for Poetry||Poet Arundhathi Subramaniam for her collection When God is a traveler [icon type=”shopping-cart”]|
|Ashok Srinivasan||His first short-story collection “Book of Common Signs” won Hindu Prize 2014 at Lit-For-Life-2015 festival.|
|Dalai lama||Freedom in exile [icon type=”shopping-cart”]|
|Newspaper||Kiran B. Vadodaria became President of Indian newspaper society.|
|Pablo Neruda||This Nobel winner Poet was allegedly poisoned 40 years ago by military dicatorship of Chile. Now Government opening new investigation.|
|Prabhu Nath Dwivedi||Won the Sahitya Akademi Award for Sanskrit, 2014. Short-story collection Kanakalochanaha.|
|Pranab Mukherjee||The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years [icon type=”shopping-cart”]|
|Ramachandra Guha||MAKERS OF MODERN ASIA [icon type=”shopping-cart”]|
|Shashi Tharoor||India Shastra: Reflections on the Nation in Our Time [icon type=”shopping-cart”]|
|The Hindu||Malini Parthasarathy became the new editor|
Movies in News
|Lunchbox||Directed by Anurag Kashyap, Nominated at British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) in London.|
|On A Quest||Biopic movie on Swami Chinmayananda- a freedom fighter and founder of Chinmaya Mission in Madurai.|
|The Theory Of Everything||On life of noted physicist Stephen Hawking, played by Eddie Redmayne, director James Marsh.|
Places in News
Places in news type questions are generally associated with StatePSC Class-1, Class-2, Upper and lower subordinate exams. But even if you’re not appearing in such exams, you should keep a habit of noting down such events about your home state for UPSC-Bank interview.
- ICICI converted Akodara village into Digital village.
- Coast guard vessel ICGS Rajratan destroyed a paki terrorist boat near Porbandar.
- 7th Vibrant Gujarat summit held at Gandhinagar
- 18th national e-governance conference @Gandhinagar
- Vadfest in Vadora- music, dance, cultural performances, to this city as cultural capital of Gujarat.
- Anand’s Sojitra taluk’s Madhrol village. HRD minister Smriti Irani has adopted this village under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana, and gave free tablets and wifi to schools during her visit in Jan, 2015.
- Gujarat becomes first state in the country to allow direct recruitment of Police inspectors.
- Asiatic lion survey is conducted in Gir, Gujarat every five years. This time from 2nd to 5th May, 2015
- Malappurama: International summit on history of Islamic medicine.
- Thiruvanthapuram: 35th national games will be held from 31st Jan. to 14 Feb. motto “Clean and Green National Games 2015“. Theme song “Get Set Play” by Hariharan. Official Mascot “Great Hornbill” named Ammu.
- Kerala Plans to become fully organic famring state by 2016.
- Kerala’s Idduki district becomes first in India to be linked with National Optic Fibre Network (NOFN) for rural broadband
- Census for Waterfowls began in January 2015.
- State cabinet cleared Plachimada Coca Cola Victims Relief bill for villagers but union Government is opposed, terming this bill as unconstitutional.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s statement that he had watched Aamir Khan-starrer PK after downloading it from the Internet has led to yet another controversy over the movie with a social activist filing a police complaint accusing him of violating anti-piracy laws.
- State Government planning to launch high speed metro rail to connect Lucknow to Kanpur.
- Lucknow: Annual convention of presiding officers of legislative bodies in India.
- Visaka Utsav at Visakhapatanam.
- Hyderabad Police: Operation Smile to reunit runaway children with their families.
- Andhra Pradesh Government will shift to “Zero based budgeting” system from next year.
- India’s first packaging plant to be setup in Vizag. This will help sea-foodexporters through Visakhapatnam port
- Andhra Pradesh police launched I-CLIK (Instant- Complaint Login Internet Kiosk)- to help public and especially women.
- American companies interested in selling nuke-technology for the proposed nuke plant at Kovvada in Srikakulam district.
Visit Mrunal.org/PIN for Persons in news, books-authors, awards and sports related current affairs for IBPS, SSC, CDS, CAPF, ACIO and state service exams.
Nothing for Madhya Pradesh ?
Sir pls update the list for Madhya Pradesh as well….the exam is near :
Please give information regarding bpsc exam
Swami Vivekananda birthday falls on 12th Jan, not on 10th of Jan.
Ur website shows that gujarat government recruit direct police inspector.. Any idea in which month notification will come plz reply me…
gujarat me police inspector ki jaherat kab aayegi or exam system kya hogi ?
Swami vivekanada’s birthday is on 12 jan. what is this 10 jan?
Lunchbox is directed by Ritesh Batra , not by Anurag Kashyap