[PIN-Jan-2015] Part-4/4: Sports Current Affairs for MCQs & BusinessGK for MBA interviews
- Sports in January 2015
- Cricket: World Cup-2015
- FIFA award for football
- Sports Misc.
- Banking Finance
- Automobile, aviation and Energy
Sports in January 2015
Sports Current Affairs Questions are usually seen CAPF, CDS, Bank and State service exams. Focus area should be: (1) where was the tournament held? (2) Who defeated whom? (3) Venue (4) Mascots.
Cricket: World Cup-2015
||Australia and Newzealand, during February-March.
- Pool A: England, Australia (co-host), Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, New Zealand (co-host), Afghanistan, Scotland
- Pool B: South Africa, India, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland, UAE
- Teams divided on their ICC-ODI rankings during 31st December 2012.
||So far 6 captains have lead Team India at World cup cricket: S. Venkatraghavan, M.S. Dhoni, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, M. Azharuddin, Kapil Dev.
||Cricketers banned from using social-networking sites during world cup.
|A.B. de Villiers
||This South African batsman scored century in just 31 balls at ODI against W.Indies.
||Karnataka cricketer scored Maiden Century in Sydney Test.
||Became 2nd Indian after Rahul Dravid, to score 500 runs in Australian test series.
||Duncan Fletcher’s contract will expire after World cup 2015. Dhoni suggested Former Aussie captain Michael Hussey’s name as the new coach for Indian cricket team.
Australian Open 2015
||Andy Murray (UK)
||random guys not important
||Same as above
||Leander Paes (INDIA) and Martina Hingis (Swiz)
||Won Heinken Open
||Won Apai international
||Won Apai international with Bethanie Mattek.
|Hopman tennis cup
||Poland defeated USA
||At Melbourne from Jan19th. Sony six channel got the telecast rights.
FIFA award for football
||Cristiano Ronaldo. Portugal
|Women’s player of the year
||Nadine Kessler (German)
|Men’s coach of the year
||Joachim Loew (German)
|Asian football cup
||To be hosted in Australia for 2015.
- She won Padma Shree in 2012. and can’t be given Padma Bhushan for 2015, because official rules require 5 year gap between two Padma awards.
- But wrestler Sushil Kumar has same case yet his file was forwarded for this award. Hence Saina unhappy.
||Hopeful of getting included in Tokyo Olympics 2020.
||Aims to retire after Rio Olympics 2016.
|Indian Hockey Team(men)
- Dutch coach Van Ass replaced Australian coach Terry Walsh, as the new coach of National Hockey Team (Men).
||Retired heavyweight boxer. Hospitalized for urinary track infection.
- Men: Pankaj Advani won his seventh time, after defeating Varun Madan
- Women: Amee Kamani (Madhya Pradesh) defeated Vidya Pillay.
- Junior Snooker: Avinash Kumar won.
|Airtel M Commerce
||Will apply for RBI’s payment bank license.
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank opened 40th Branch at Mangaluru. Now Karnataka has two BMB branches: Bangaluru and Mangaluru.
Loan products for women:
- Annapoorna: catering biz.
- Shrungar: for beauty biz.
- Parivarsh: for crèches.
||Insurance company from UK. After insurance ordinance, Bupa became the first company to increase its investment from 26% to 49% in Max Bupa life insurance.
||Launched icicibankpay- to help customer send money to anyone who has twitter account in India, check account balance, recharge mobile and view last 3 transaction.
||Shareholders approved Kotak-ING vysya merger. Basics already covered in Mrunal.org/banking
||Chief Analjit Singh. Split the company in 3 verticles:
- Max Financial services (for insurance) – it is the first public listed company doing only Life insurance
- Max India- for health and allied business.
- Max specialty- for packaging films
- 15/1/15: Repo rate reduce from 8% to 7.75%
- 2/2/15: SLR reduce from 22% to 21.5%
- Brazil’s Central Bank Banco Central do Brasil signed an MoU with Rajanbhai.
- European Central Bank’s President Mario Draghi signed MoU with Rajanbhai.
- Rajanbhai won “Governor of the year” award from British magazine “Central Banking”.
||Employees opposing the plans of merger between Guargaon gramin bank and Haryana Gramin bank.
|Union Bank of India
||Reduced base rate from 10.25% to 10%.
- Tied up with Xiomi company to give 4G mobile “Redmi Note” at Rs.9,999/-
- Will expand to movie production business.
- Kenstar will sell its next range of split-ACs through Amazon only.
||Launched new cheap notebook series “Asus Eebook X205” priced at 14,999/-
||Will created 4 Billion$ impact and 3.35 lakh jobs in Indian economy- says consultancy firm Deloitte.
- Provided $1 billion finance to Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) company. Elon Musk is the founder of Space-X
- Decided to stop its “Google glass” eye-wear, but promised to release new consumer-friendly version soon.
- To counter Apple-pay, google has purchased Softcard- a mobile payment company of USA.
- Interested in partnering with indian government for “Digital India” campaign.
- Launched voice guided navigation feature for 20 Indian cities in Google maps.
||Purchased “Zip Phone” company- to improve its voice calling features.
||New touch screen computer “HP Sprout”. It’s a touch-screen computer that scans objects and turns them into 3D file
||CEO Vishal Sikka met Modi and promised to spend $250 million in innovation fund.
||Introduced “Anypen” techonlogy in its yoga series tablet-laptops. Now you can write on the screen using any oridinary pen. Don’t need separate stylus.
||Showcased its upcoming “Hololens” holographic device and Partnered with Idea mobile for billing apps purchased from Windows store.
||Suspends support for Windows-7. although security patching will continue till 2020. 50% of desktop PC run on Win7.
||when Steve Jobs was alive, Adobe, intel, Google and Apple had made an informal pact, not to hire each other’s employees. An antitrust case was filed and they agreed to settle it ~400 million with the affecting employees.
||Mobile app based taxi company- launched “Ola Pink” run by Women taxi-drivers in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Pune and Ahmedabad too.
||Launched Smartphone-controlled Acs based on IoT (Internet of Things)-technology
||New production Development chief Thomas Kurian, with family ties in Kerala.
||A new international calling app- far cheaper than mobile service providers, Skype and Viber.
- Samsung Z1: company’s first smartphone powered by Tizen Operating system. Price 5700/-
- First time profit declined in 3 years. Reason: Price wars in mid-segment mobile phones. Solution: Samsung is working on Quantam Dot TVs, Internet of things technology and metal-body smartphones to boost revenue next year.
- CEO Kunal Bahl.
- Company grew by 600% in the year 2014, because of aggressive advertisement
- 65% of Snapdeal orders are booked from its mobile App.
- Snapdeal has tied up with IndianPost, to sell Varanasi weavers’ products.
||Suzuki’s Chairman Osamu Suzuki, and Maruti Suzuki India’s chairman RC Bhargava laid foundation of new plant at Hansalpur, Gujarat.
||Research firm Gartner says Tablet sales will be slow in 2014, and the gap between sale of Windows phones and apple phones will reduce.
||Got permission from regulatory bodies to purchase Docomo.
||Allegedly Began mass sacking of “non-performer” employees.
||Amstrdam based firm launched new GPS-enabled sport-watches for India, from 12,999/- onwards.
||Launched new service “While you were away” – to notify users about missed tweets.
||Sunil Sood replaced Martin Pieters as CEO.
||Sunil Sood replaced CEO Marten Pieter.
||launches flagship phablets Mi Note, Note Pro. Priced 23k onwards.
- Encrypted email service by Sridhar Vembu.
- USA’s NSA found it difficult to crack Zoho.
Automobile, aviation and Energy
||under 5/20 rule, only an airline with 5 years experiance and 20 aircrafts can get permission to run international flights from India. Government planning to relax this norm
||Signed pact with Australian company Woodside for LNG procurement and marketing.
||Made record of producing 50 lakh vehicles.
||Interested in buying 49% stakes in Indigo airline.
- Spicejet was founded in 2005 by Maran and Ajay Singh.
- Now, Kalanithi Maran (Sungroup chairman) sold his shares to co-founder Ajay Singh.
||Will begin flight operations from Jan 9, 2015.
||MD Mahesh Kodumudi opened new plant at Chakan, Pune.
||Tied up with Nalgonda cooperative to distribute products in Hyderabad.
- It’s an FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) company in beautycare products
- Emami recently bought Australia’s Fravin ltd- an R&D firm in natural-organic personal care products.
||Will purchase Frika Hair-extension company in South Africa.
||Indian post launched commemorative stamps for their service to Mumbai.
||launched Lay’s potato-chips ads featuring Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015. Tagline: ‘Yeh Game Hi Hai… Taste Ka’
||Buys Nova Specialty hospitals in Banglore.
||Recalled Benzonatate anti-cough capsules from USA due to leaking problem.
||India denied it patent for anti-Hepatitis C drug sofosbuvir.
||Bought Coldstream Laboratories Inc. dealing with custom research and manufacturing services (CRAMS)
||Got US-FDA approval for Triferic- an iron-loss prevention drug for Kidney patients.
Visit Mrunal.org/PIN for Persons in news, books-authors, awards and sports related current affairs for IBPS, SSC, CDS, CAPF, ACIO and state service exams.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
I want to apply for navy . Recommend the books i could read for the cds exam
Dear Mrunal sir, I’m unable to understand Indo-American nuclear deal. Please write an article about US president’s recent tour of India and please explain why the word “breakthrough” was appearing in news frequently. Thank you in advance.
Under IT/Electronics, Vodafone’s new CEO info has been put up twice.
Sir pls post new articles at regular base….and pin in(P+M) format
please suggest about karnataka public service commission exam of karnataka refence books and study plan
thank you. :)
mrunal sir can you provide excel file for PIN too, it will easy to read from excel as i have unreliable internet.
sir please provide hindi medium notes
mrunal sir pls provide us Feb PIN plzzz
Please update the pin of February need it urgently… Doing great job though
Hello sir.i am preparing for ssc 2015 and banking 2015 exams can u plz suggest me a proper guideline and study plan to crack ssc 2015 as i will b giving it fr d first tym. Thanku