- Notification released
- No change in Age-Attempt limit
- No change in structure of the exam
- No change in the syllabus of the exam
- How to prepare for UPSC?
- Can last semester student apply?
- How much fees do I need to pay?
- When will I get the hallticket/admit-card for prelims?
- Multiple applications by same candidate?
- OBC alert
UPSC-2016 Notification released
- UPSC has released notification for civil services 2016 and forest services 2016 exam.
- 1079 vacancies. [100 less than last year, although more vacancies for PH this time- 34.)
- Last date to apply is 27th May 2016, midnight
- Online application link is upsconline.nic.in
- Apply at earlier because exam centers are first apply first allot basis.
- Prelim exam to be held on 7th August 2016. (How many days left- just watch the left hand corner green box of our website).
- Helpdesk numbers: No. 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543
No change in Age-Attempt limit
- Minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2015.
- Candidate already in IAS or Indian foreign service (IFS)- not eligible to appear.
|SC/ST||32+5=37||till upper age|
(Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic)
|J&K domicile||32+5=37||depending on above categories (Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH)|
|Disabled serviceman discharged from duty||32+3=35||same as above|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty
* specific condition on page2 of notification
|32+5=37||same as above|
Above relaxation are cumulative e.g. OBC candidate from J&K = 32 + 3(OBC) + 5 (J&K) = 40 years up age limit.
What doesn’t count as an attempt?
- Ans. If you applied in previous exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- If you fail in prelims, attempt is counted.
No change in structure of the exam
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|general studies (GS)||aptitude / CSAT|
|Marks counted for selection in mains exam…yes||
|200 marks||200 marks|
|0.33% negative marking||0.33% negative marking|
|20 minutes for blind and locomotors disability||Same|
|English||300. Marks not counted in merit only 25% passing marks required.|
|Indian language paper (Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi etc. depending on your choice)||Same as above.|
|GS (mains) Paper1, 2, 3, 4||250 each x 4 papers = 1000 marks.|
|ONE Optional subject||500 marks.|
No change in the syllabus of the exam
- No change in structure or syllabus or number of optionals in the exam.
- For civil services Click to see this PDF
- For forest services: click to see this PDF
How to prepare for UPSC?
Go through this lecture video click me
Can last semester student apply?
- Minimum education standard is graduation.
- Candidates from last semester can apply, provided that they can show proof passing examination in October/November 2015. Because at that time, they’ll be required to fill up a new form for Mains exam (known as DAF form i.e. detailed application form).
- MBBS candidate must finish internship before interview phase.
|General Male and OBC male||Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains.|
|Female of any category||No fees|
|SC/ ST, PH||no fees|
When will I get the hallticket/admit-card for prelims?
- Hall ticket will be available online, usually 3 weeks before prelim exam. They don’t send it through post anymore. You’ve to download and take printout.
- If problem, contact 011-23381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
Multiple applications by same candidate?
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID). you must preserve RID because you’ll have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or xyz reason) then when downloading hallticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.
To claim OBC reservation benefit in UPSC, you need TWO certificates:
- OBC caste certificate
- Non-creamy layer certificate.
- Non creamy layer status depends on your parents’ income and property.
- It doesn’t depend on your income/property
- It doesn’t depend on your husband/wife’s income/property.
- If your mom/dad is government employee, then INCOME criteria doesn’t apply. (e.g. if dad is class3 employee, then it doesn’t matter whether he gets 6 lakhs or 7 lakhs. You’re still non-cream layer.)
Is Integrated Master Of Computer Application degree is eligible for CSE, 2017? I have finished this degree but I have no degree at graduation level as it was an Integrated masters course.
What if some father was government employee at gazette officer rank but retired 3 year before will they come under once non creamy layer
My father working as supervisor in Singareni collieries company limited, a psu , jointly owned by central and Telangana govt. and his income is above 8lakhs. Whether I come under creamy layer or noncreamy layer?
Sir,no of atemp limit for handicape candidate in upsc civil sevice exam in uc and obc candid why?
Hello sir , upsc optional subject Marathi literature lene ke liye graduation me literature main subject hona jaruri hai kya??
Sir I’m private degree Holder can I apply OR not?
sir,My father is an assistant engineer in agricultural engineering department (group B) service and my mother is head mistress in state government elementary school (group c) service. will i come under OBC non creamy layer ?
My father is an employee in singareni, psu. His income is above 8lakhs and grade is “T&S GRADE C”. Whether I come under non-creamy layer?
sir i am phc person and i am olny DEAF person not MUTE i am eligible civils priliminary mains