- Prelim-2018 Result Out
- Lowest result in last five years
- To Those who qualified: DAF awaits
- To Those who did not qualify
Prelim-2018 Result Out
- UPSC has declared the result for civil services Prelim exam 2018. To check your result, visit Official UPSC site LINK.
- On 3rd June 2018, UPSC had conducted prelims and on 14th July 2018, they’ve declared the result within 41 days.
- What is new this time? UPSC also notified the candidates through their registered email that “Result has been declared”.
- This is slower than last year, when it took UPSC only 39 days to declare the result.
- UPSC Mains-2019 is scheduled to begin from 28th September 2019. That means you’ve barely 116 days to prepare. You can see the detailed Mains timetable on this link, including my PHD analysis about the same.
Lowest result in last five years
Here is the data related to number of candidates qualified for the Mains exam in the last five years
|Year||Notified Vacancies||No. of Prelims Cleared candidates|
Last year 13,366 selected for Mains, whereas this year only 10,468 have been selected in the 2018 round. This is because since last five year, each year, the number of vacancies have been declining, and UPSC Mains-quota is 12-13 times the final vacancies.
To Those who qualified: DAF awaits
- Those who cleared prelims, Congratulations! You will need to fillup a new form online before mains. It’s called “Detailed Application form” (DAF).
- DAF will be available from 23rd July to 6th August till 6PM.
- UPSC’s unhelpdesk numbers: 01123385271, 011-23098543 or 011-23381125.
To Those who did not qualify
- This is not the end of the world: Look at the right hand green box for the upcoming exams and for next year prelims (scheduled on 2nd June 2019), rectify for the lacunas in your strategy.
- If it was your last attempt or age limit crossed then also it’s not the end of the world, you’ll find your true calling in some other field. My best wishes to all of you.
Ho gaya sir dono forest aur civils ka pre …aapki economics bahut miss ki …please GS 2 ke answers dalie kuch and ho sake to disaster management gs 3 par ek achi summary banaie…dhanyawad aapko aur Pratik sir ko
Badhayinya dhol aur pathakhe Raju bhai… apka rank #1 in civils and also in forest ke liye tahe dil se aasha karte hain.
Dhanyawad Shani Bhai ….aapki dua aur shubhkamnaein ke lie tahee dil se shukriya …aap bhijeewan mein vanchit phal ki prapti kare …Jai Hind
How many did you attempt and how many were right?
how many of you qualified in upsc prelims ?
what was your marks according to various answer keys ?
Sir, plz make mains related video lectures this time jaisa ki apne 16 me banaya tha
Waise v students want to see you, bahut time ho gya apko dekhe hue
Sir I m married, 31 year old working in private school. Can I start preparing From July for prelims of2019 .What time table and strategy i can make and follow plz help me plzz..kind request.
Yes You can prepare. But you have to check age criteria. If you can get age relaxation, then definitely yes. If not, then it may be difficult if you cross 32 yrs age for next year form filling.
Sir please take economy classes for mains. Please sir request on behalf of 10468 cleared candidates and millions preparing for next year
Mrunal sir I don’t mean to be rude, but it is mains 2018 & 28 september 2018.
Hello sir, an article regarding DAF FILLING would help us a lot
what is cutoff marks???
HOw to find proline tool number
I lost pls help me
How to find Upsc prelim 2018
I lost it
Pls help me …
Hi my dob 22 June 1987 whether I can appear for 2019 UPSC exam
Somebody help whether I can appear for 2019 my dob is 22 June 1987
please take economy class for mains. Without you Economy is not complete
Thanks mrunal bhai.. and yes can you please write an article on DAF.
What might have the cutoff’s been this time
Sir, I am going to prepare for 2019 Exams.please help to find out the optional subject.I’ve engineering background. Is History or Hindi literature as an optional subject a good or a nice decision?