- UPSC clarifies the date for 2020 exam cycle:
- Could the prelim result be declared in November 2020?
- The gap between prelims and mains nearly same
- Last semester students need not worry
- Revision priority for general studies subjects
- My full length Economy best starting from June Week3
Today UPSC has released the revised timetable for the exams of 2020.
- UPSC prelim will be conducted on 4th October 2020
- UPSC mains will be conducted on 8th January 2021
- Interview rounds of CSE-2019, which had been suspended during Corona lockdown, will be resumed from 20th July 2020. Candidates will be informed individually.
- In 2019 prelim was conducted on 2nd June and prelim result was declared on 12th July = after 40 days of exam.
- If UPSC continues to maintain the same level of efficiency then prelim 2020 result can be expected on 13 November 2020
- Originally: Prelim planned on 31/5/2020 and Mains on 18/9/2020 = 110 day gap was available for the students to prepare for the mains exam after giving the prelim exam.
- When UPSC postponed Prelims due to Corona, there was apprehension among the students they will be left with little time for preparation of mains.
- However, as per the new calendar, about 96 days are available between prelims in Oct’20 and mains in Jan’20. So, students need not worry as much.
- After clearing the prelim exam, candidates need to fill up another detailed application form (DAF), wherein They have to submit the documents to prove their graduation, reservation category etc.
- There was also apprehension among undergraduates in last semester whether they will get an exam marksheet before filling up the DAF form or not?
- But now the exam is far away, hopefully they will be able to get the mark sheets before filling up the DAF Form.
- From today, You have about 120 days or 4 months to study prelims.
- You should also try to utilise above time for covering some parts of the mains exam as well.
- Have faith in your existing study material. Do not waste time scavenging for new and new material all the time on the telegram and online forums.
- An efficient way to allot the time internally subject wise could be as following :
|Subject||Theory||Upto last 2 Yrs Current Affairs||Total Study||DAYS|
|Environment & Agri||⏰⏰||⏰⏰⏰||=⏰⏰⏰⏰⏰||20|
|History: Art Culture & Ancient||⏰⏳||N/A||=⏰⏳||7|
|IR and defence||⏳||⏳(Summits,Treaty related to economy, Environment,Geography)||=⏳⏳||4|
I’m also pleased to inform, my next batch for Economy for UPSC is starting from June 2020 onwards, covering both Prelims and Mains topics of Economy.
- Coupon Code: Mrunal.org for 10% discount
- Registration Link: Click ME