- Write a brief note on Andean Community
- Nations in Andean Community
- Functions of Andean Community
- FTA with Mercosur
- Andean Passport
- Institutional bodies within the Andean community
- India and Andean Community
Write a brief note on Andean Community
||1969 by the Cartagena Agreement,
||Comunidad Andina (CAN)
- encourage industrial, agricultural, social, and trade cooperation among members
- promoting the independence and strength of the regional economy
Nations in Andean Community
Functions of Andean Community
- Andean Community coordinates the commercial, industrial, and financial policies of member nations.
- 1996 they decided to make their trading bloc to more closely resemble the European Union (EU), which included
- secretariat possessing executive powers to resolve disputes,
- Direct election of a parliament by citizens of the member states,
- Formation of a customs union.
Andean community deals with the following issues:
- Trade in Goods
- Trade in Services
- Customs Union
- movement of people
- Common Market
- Common Foreign Policy
- Border Development
- Social Agenda
- Sustainable Development
- Economic Policies.
FTA with Mercosur
- 1998 they signed an agreement with the countries of Mercosur, agreeing to create a free trade area.
- In 2001 the Andean Passport was created, enabling citizens of member states to travel between the countries without request for visa.
- The passport is effective in
Institutional bodies within the Andean community
||Executive body, with a full time Secretary General whose Secretariat is in Lima, Peru.
|Andean Development Corporation (CAF)
||leading source of external financing for the Andean Community members, which is situated in at Caracas, Venezuela. annual total credit given by CAF is over US$ 2 billion. The credit is given to regional projects.
|Andean Court of Justice
||in Quito, Ecuador and resolves disputes among member countries.
||policy advisory body and is situated in Bogota , Colombia.
India and Andean Community
- 2003, India and the Andean Community established a Political Dialogue and Cooperation Mechanism
- We collaborate with them for issues related to environment, energy and food security, rural development and science and technology.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!