- Write a brief note on Andean Community
- Nations in Andean Community
- Functions of Andean Community
- FTA with Mercosur
- Andean Passport
- Institutional bodies within the Andean community
- India and Andean Community
Write a brief note on Andean Community
|Birth||1969 by the Cartagena Agreement,|
|Other name||Comunidad Andina (CAN)|
Nations in Andean Community
Functions of Andean Community
- Andean Community coordinates the commercial, industrial, and financial policies of member nations.
- 1996 they decided to make their trading bloc to more closely resemble the European Union (EU), which included
- secretariat possessing executive powers to resolve disputes,
- Direct election of a parliament by citizens of the member states,
- Formation of a customs union.
Andean community deals with the following issues:
- Trade in Goods
- Trade in Services
- Customs Union
- movement of people
- Common Market
- Common Foreign Policy
- Border Development
- Social Agenda
- Sustainable Development
- Economic Policies.
FTA with Mercosur
- 1998 they signed an agreement with the countries of Mercosur, agreeing to create a free trade area.
- In 2001 the Andean Passport was created, enabling citizens of member states to travel between the countries without request for visa.
- The passport is effective in
India and Andean Community
- 2003, India and the Andean Community established a Political Dialogue and Cooperation Mechanism
- We collaborate with them for issues related to environment, energy and food security, rural development and science and technology.
Mercosur = Venezuela + Argentina + Brazil + Uruguay + Paraguay .
Bolivia has become an accessing member last month (Dec).
the Andean Passport is valid in Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru and Colombia and not Venezuela as per Wiki