- General Awareness / GA-GK
- Appendix: download link for SSC CGL 2013 (Tier 1) paper
- SSC CGL 2013 was to be held on 14th and 21st April.
- But 14th April exam was cancelled. Now that exam will be held on 19th May 2013. (Hence it is no longer conflicting with SBI PO exam date.) This is not a rumor. This is given on SSC’s Northern Region website click me
- This article contains analysis based on two papers of SSC CGL 2013, held on 21st April (KP series and PJ series) click me to download those papersets.
- Download links for today’s question papers are given in the appendix of this article.
|Number theory, LCM, HCF, remainder||0||2|
|%||profit loss interest rate etc.||7||6|
|STD||time and speed (Boat, railway etc.)||2||2|
|time and work (pipe cisterns etc.)||3||3|
|Mensuration (Area, volume, perimeter)||3||4|
|equation /formula based||3||4|
|DI||Bar, pie, line, table||7||7|
- SSC has continue the trend of last year (=less importance to conventional questions from profit-loss, time-speed, mensuration etc.) and more emphasis on geometry (theory), Trigonometry and algebra
- Roughly 2/3rd of the Maths questions are from Geometry, trigonometry, algebra and Data interpretation (DI) only.
- Although SSC chief remained kept his twitter promise: trigonometry and geometry portion bit easier than last time’s and most of the trigonometry questions could be solved effortlessly by the [Trigonometry] tricks explained on www.Mrunal.org/aptitude
- Usually DI portion contained only one “case” and 5 questions. This time SSC has given multiple DI cases.
|missing in series||15||8|
|dictionary based test||3||3|
|coding||coding-decoding and matrix||4||3|
|maths symbol based ops||2||4|
|arrangement||direction based tests||2||4|
|arrangement (weight/height wise)||1||1|
|Misc||misc (Venn Diagrams, TSW etc)||3||4|
- Compared to earlier years, SSC increased the number of non-verbal questions.
- Sitting arrangement (case containing 3-5 question) =absent.
- Otherwise question pattern/difficulty level similar to previous years.
General Awareness / GA-GK
- As usual, GA section was broadly made up of three parts: Static, Science and Crap.
- The message / lesson is clear: when it comes to the GA portion of SSC, don’t waste time chasing trivial current affairs. Because static (polity, history etc.) and science, is where your focus should be.
|Topic||Sub topics||no. of Questions|
|Persons in News||6|
In PJ and KP series question papers, the GA and English questions were same (only sequence was changed) hence I’ve given only single column for no. of questions.
|type||Question||no. of Questions|
|idioms and phrases||5|
|fill in the blanks||5|
Not much to say, follows the usual pattern / difficulty level of previous years.
Appendix: download link for SSC CGL 2013 (Tier 1) paper
- Here is the download link: http://files.secureserver.net/0s2JDIqT3lMF7s
- It is a zip file (size 14MB) and contains two papers. if you can’t open zip file then install a free software called 7zip (click me)
Preparation strategy, free studymaterial for SSC CGL, already provided in following articles
AFTER THREE ATTEMPT, IF SOMEONE FILLED CSS FOURTH TIME THEN WHAT HAPPENED?
I appeared for DEST and in the last I could not type last two word. Is it necessary to type whole word or left word will be counted in error and how many error is permissible.
I am qualified to write the TIER-2 exam of ssc. If I SKIP THE STATISTICS PAPER will I be able to attend the aptitude and english papers?
Statistics is on 11th and Aptitude and english is together on 12th. I got the hallticket to write both exams. Is it compulsory that I write both or can I skip the statistics paper? It is only for statistical examiner. Will it affect other posts?.
what is means hh and hh* and PD in handicapped
Kitano percent hoti he minimum handicap me partially deaf ke liye please fast meri id per send Kar do what is different hh and hh* in SSC cgl
Hearing handicap k liye partily deaf ka percentage kitna chahiye hta h?
Please tell me can space is counted in kdph. In SSC LDC typing test.
Is there sectional cutoff for ssc cgl exam…….??? plz rpl
D is a point on side BC of a triangle ABC such that A is perpendicular on BC. E is a point on AD for which AE:ED = 5:1. If angle BAD =30 and tan(angle ACB)=6tan(angle DBE), Find angle ACB. Options are: 15,30,45,60. Plz help!!
Is there any percentage for disability required as I am having 12% disability in my left leg (locomotor) as per my PH certificate issued by medical authority can I get benefits of reservation in PH category for ssc cgl exam?