- General Awareness / GA-GK
- Appendix: download link for SSC CGL 2013 (Tier 1) paper
- SSC CGL 2013 was to be held on 14th and 21st April.
- But 14th April exam was cancelled. Now that exam will be held on 19th May 2013. (Hence it is no longer conflicting with SBI PO exam date.) This is not a rumor. This is given on SSC’s Northern Region website click me
- This article contains analysis based on two papers of SSC CGL 2013, held on 21st April (KP series and PJ series) click me to download those papersets.
- Download links for today’s question papers are given in the appendix of this article.
|Number theory, LCM, HCF, remainder||0||2|
|%||profit loss interest rate etc.||7||6|
|STD||time and speed (Boat, railway etc.)||2||2|
|time and work (pipe cisterns etc.)||3||3|
|Mensuration (Area, volume, perimeter)||3||4|
|equation /formula based||3||4|
|DI||Bar, pie, line, table||7||7|
- SSC has continue the trend of last year (=less importance to conventional questions from profit-loss, time-speed, mensuration etc.) and more emphasis on geometry (theory), Trigonometry and algebra
- Roughly 2/3rd of the Maths questions are from Geometry, trigonometry, algebra and Data interpretation (DI) only.
- Although SSC chief remained kept his twitter promise: trigonometry and geometry portion bit easier than last time’s and most of the trigonometry questions could be solved effortlessly by the [Trigonometry] tricks explained on www.Mrunal.org/aptitude
- Usually DI portion contained only one “case” and 5 questions. This time SSC has given multiple DI cases.
|missing in series||15||8|
|dictionary based test||3||3|
|coding||coding-decoding and matrix||4||3|
|maths symbol based ops||2||4|
|arrangement||direction based tests||2||4|
|arrangement (weight/height wise)||1||1|
|Misc||misc (Venn Diagrams, TSW etc)||3||4|
- Compared to earlier years, SSC increased the number of non-verbal questions.
- Sitting arrangement (case containing 3-5 question) =absent.
- Otherwise question pattern/difficulty level similar to previous years.
- As usual, GA section was broadly made up of three parts: Static, Science and Crap.
- The message / lesson is clear: when it comes to the GA portion of SSC, don’t waste time chasing trivial current affairs. Because static (polity, history etc.) and science, is where your focus should be.
|Topic||Sub topics||no. of Questions|
|Persons in News||6|
In PJ and KP series question papers, the GA and English questions were same (only sequence was changed) hence I’ve given only single column for no. of questions.
|type||Question||no. of Questions|
|idioms and phrases||5|
|fill in the blanks||5|
Not much to say, follows the usual pattern / difficulty level of previous years.
- Here is the download link: http://files.secureserver.net/0s2JDIqT3lMF7s
- It is a zip file (size 14MB) and contains two papers. if you can’t open zip file then install a free software called 7zip (click me)
Preparation strategy, free studymaterial for SSC CGL, already provided in following articles