@Those who cleared Prelims-2013, UPSC Has uploaded the Detailed application form (DAF) for the Mains 2013.
One important change / development is (as per DAF instruction Page 13, point number 28):
- In Mains 2013, instead of separate Question Paper and answer book, a consolidated Question Paper-cum-Answerbook, having space below each part/sub part of a question shall be provided to them for writing the answers.
- Candidates shall be required to attempt answer to the part/sub-part of a question strictly within the pre-defined space.
- Any attempt outside the pre-defined space shall not be evaluated.
In other words,
- You’ve to be extra cautious before writing the answers, any scratching of lines/paragraphs for correction, will only reduce the space.
- You will not get any extra supplementary answersheets, if you run out of space.
- You cannot bring the question paper home and going by the previous trend: UPSC doesn’t immediately upload mains question papers on their website and won’t disclose them under R.T.I saying “exam process” is not yet over: Meaning those who’re not appearing in Mains 2013, you will have to wait for few months before you get to see the official Mains questions, particularly for the fabled ethics paper . But there are good people, who’ll appear in Mains-2013 and reveal the questions in online comments/forums, based on their memory. So all is not lost (unlike CAT, where candidates are legally prohibited from revealing official questions in forums/websites/books.)
on an unrelated note: with respect to some comments made earlier by readers: yes I’m alive and working on food processing: supply chain-upstream-downstream article series. It’ll start very soon :)
No problem… I hv also submitted my obc certfct of 2010.. Its not a prblm
but if you have read the instruction pdf clearly (page 5, note 2), it says that obc certificate should have ‘as per 2013 norms’ or smthing printed
Have you received any ack mail from UPSC??
Hi chandra Bhushan
I have OBC certificate dated 31-12-2008. there are two annexures, one is annexure 6 & one needs to be filled up giving all the details.
I have submitted both… D full details of obc annexure abd the undertaking annexure too… Cz Obc crtfct is old so undertaking is must, I think.
But abhi tk daf ka recieving mail nhi aya… Nhi aya to kya krna h bhai.. Me bahut dur NE me rehta hu.. In tnsn
Please tell whether anyone has received DAF Acknowledgement email for CSM or IFoS…if anyone has any information related to this please share…
It is causing me great anxiety.
Thanks in advance
I hav send thru speed post n by tracking its showing its delivered… Problem is I work in agartala so reachng delhi with another daf is impossible… What to do?
No acknowledgement mail till now… what the hell UPSC is doing??
Got acknowledgement mail. :)
when u got the acknowledgement mail. after how many days of ur application. what is being written in the mail
In the mail they have acknowledged that printed copy of our DAF form is reached to UPSC.
i got ack. mail after two weeks.
Dont worry people about DAF Acknowledgement.
If your mail is delivered via speed post / registered post and you have the slip then be rest assured.
Dont worry about it much. In 10-15 Days they will acknowledge it. It happens all the time.
Study hard , Best of luck
got acknowldegment mail today
I too received the mail, but I fear that I might have not signed at the bottom of even numbered pages! Should I send another one? cost’s only Rs.20 for me…
Any suggestions or advice? Please help me out!
sir can I take computer science paper as main examination please reply
Plz help me with this query…if we were supposed to fill in details of our previous attempt n left it blank, would that cause too much of a problem…also any solutions to fix it…
I’ve filed an online RTI query regarding the total space available to candidates in this new combined paper-cum-answer sheet provision. moreover how the space for answering individual questions will be demarcated in GS and optionals – especially engineering.
a good move by upsc.only thing lie in ur handling such optional paper.last but not the least get on ur revision ,don’t waist time and faith in u and god. Everything thing will be all right on 1 dec.2013 best of luck.
It has been a month that i submitted the DAF but still not received the DAF Acknowledgement email from UPSC.Whether anyone else is encountering the same problem ??
dont fret over DAF now(maybe its in spam folder), you can download the Admnit card.
Can anybody who have appeared in the Civil Services Mains Exam, tell me whether the space provided under the question in the Mains examination is LINED (divided in lines) or COMPLETELY BLANK .