- Competition is stopped from now on
- Rejected Entries, Name not in the list
This time ~40 entries made it to the final zip file. (After eliminating the cut-paste-bullet “jugaad” articles from Hindu/idsa/epw etc.)
I blame myself for this low amount of participation, because:
- Earlier I had promised author pages for 10 high quality articles, but then reverted back on my own policy -Because some people (who earlier wrote good articles) had suddenly resorted to mass-spamming jugaad articles to reach the 10 article limit quickly.
- This time, I had not declared any book prizes specifically. As per the revised rule of Feb-competition. (Because explicitly mentioning book prizes in advance, was creating one type of bad incentive, attracting those jugaadi writers.)
But given these two changes in the rules, (some) talented writers would have felt demoralized, thinking “Why should I contribute, if there is no guarantee of a book, author page, money or fame?”
Therefore, less number of entries. Their thought process is justified. I would feel the same, if I was in their place.
The whole mess at Mrunal.org is similar to the Muhammed bin Tughlaq shifting capital from Delhi to Daultabad-Both in terms of changing the site theme, as well as changing the rules of write2win competition. I had some super-high-utopian expectations about this competition, but then it did not work out, So I tried to tweak the rules (for February) in hope of achieving it, but then you can see how my decision has backfired by low number of good entries. (+ in upcoming months- with State service exams and SSC, the number of entries most likely to decline even further.)
- I don’t have a big team of moderators to crosscheck the plagiarizers and weed out bogus quality articles. All these months, I had to do most of that work on my own, resulting in the loss of many productive hours (which could have been utilized to write more articles by myself.) The sad truth of life is- 50000 subscriber ki site hai, lekin harr kaam khud karnaa padtaa hai. Nobody comes to help in the time of need because they’re busy with their studies/job. All I get in my inbox is queries about cutoffs, booklist and result dates- rarely someone offering to volunteer.
- I’ve to be concious about copyrights and plagiarism because in past I’ve received legal notices and police complaints despite having no fault of my own. This whole write2win thing is making me more vulnerable to such attacks, especially because of those jugaad writers.
- The Muhammed bin Tughlaq angle- My utopian/idiotic/perfectionist ideas are not aligned with what others want/deserve/provide.
Therefore, after considering these factors and conferring with my three trusted lieutenants (Shiva, Palas and Chandradeo), I’ve decided to stop the Write2Win competition at Mrunal.org
This article contains the last zip file of the competition series. I’m sorry, my heart is no longer in this project.
It doesn’t mean I’m ungrateful to all those who had contributed. Some exceptionally high quality work has been contributed in each of these competition. And in the process, I met many talented players, made new friends. So, all is not lost.
It also doesn’t mean the whole community work initiative is scrapped off from the internet. forumIAS.com has launched a separate portal for this type of activity / crowdsourcing:
|Aditya Ravi Chandran||Bilateral Visits Part II-Sept to Dec 2013 (note: He had submitted first part in Jan competition)|
|Ajaya Kumar Padhan||India Japan bilateral relations|
|Akshay Dhadda||Current Account deficit|
|B BABLOO||Current Compilation Jan 2014|
|Dipak Patel||Polity Current-EOC, Pre legi- scrutiny, Death sentence, Janlokpal|
|Divya V Prabhu||Tribes of India-quick revision for Prelims|
|JAYA VASANTHA KUMARAN.S||Women Empowerment-comprehensive list of all measures, schemes|
|Lohit Lala||Harappa Revision note|
|Namit||World History WW1 and WW2|
|Raman Bhattad||India’s Relationship with Scandinavian Countries|
|Shrey Khanna||Indian Health Care System-Weaknesses, Schemes and the way ahead|
|Swapnasarit Sahoo||State Reorgnization-It all started with 29|
|Yash Chaudhary||Power crisis in Union Territories-why|
As per the revised rule of the Feb-2014 game:
- Platinum/gold/silver category will be declared, but bookwinners will not be mentioned separately.
- Jury has decided the winners, I’ll email them asking about their address and giving them a list of the books I’ve. They will give preference, I’ll send prize accordingly, without creating a public show about it.
|Aakash Bajpai||Judiciary-problems with|
|Arun Chettiar||Time speed Distance; Permutation Combination|
|Ashish Sharma||CMS vs NETRA|
|Dinesh S.||INCOME TAX- CAN INDIA DO AWAY WITH it|
|Dipak Patel||Crisis-Bangladesh And Ukrain|
|Hunny Sharma||Crisis-Thailand, CAR, Venezuela, Ukrain|
|Hunny Sharma||Coastal security|
|JAYA VASANTHA KUMARAN.S||Science for SSC: vitamin, digestive system, circulatory system|
|Karan Rajpal||Panchayati Raj & schemes|
|Kishore Sutradhar||Syria crisis-understanding|
|Mani Kandan||Ukrain issue|
|Neha Srivastava||Maritime Silk Road|
|Pushpender Singh||UKRAINE ISSUE|
|Ramanjeet Gupta||Motivation and Time Management- in Practice|
|Saurabh Jawade||Wakf Property Measure to strengthen|
|Shaashi Ahlawat||Spectrum Allocation|
|Udita Gaurav||Indian philosophy and heterodox sects for CSAT|
When I/jury member(s) felt that
- Writer could have added some more angles/ issues/ fodder points AND/OR
- Writer could have compressed/structured/simplified the article a little bit more. AND/OR
- Writer could have won essay competition in certain magazines that give 1200-1500 rs. as price. But our competition format were different. Rules specifically mention we were not looking for scholarly essays here.
but they’ve direct/indirect utilities in MCQs/Descriptive/interviews. So my respects and salutations for their effort and their spirit of sharing.[Listed in Alphabetical order of author name]
|ADITI NIGAM||How To Read News for UPSC CSAT|
|Anil Kumar Singh||Journey of India to Development|
|Mahek Siddiqui||Need of codification of Muslim law in India|
|Mohit Yadav||Nanotechnology in Agriculture|
|Padam Singh||Indians must value science|
|Pavan Kanuri||How I Understand my religion|
|Shahid T Komath||Old age pension, Water Management, Women electorate|
|SIDDHARTH SAHARAN||The way of life- a poem|
|Suraj Pradhan||analysis of IAS 2012 marks|
|Arun Chettiar||Psychology- Language topic for paper I|
|Pavan Kanvas||anthropology great and little traditions; nms complex;sacred complex; sanskritization; universalization and parochilization|
Some entries have been rejected, when I or Jury member(s) felt that:
- Effort not visible. Merely lifted passage from here and there and created bullets-without making it laymen friendly, revision friendly.
- Very Amateur and shallow writing.
- Plagiarized work from another author/blogger.
- Doubtful case of copyright violation. When I emailed you seeking elaboration, you’ve not given clarification about the ‘source’.
- Sent article to my any other email id except Mrunal dot help.
However if you think you didn’t belong these category and yet your article is not in above list, then probably I made some error while making the excel spreadsheets of author vs. subject. In that case, plz contact me via email and I’ll update the list.
Server #1: Zip file (8MB)
Server #2: To view docs online on google docs: click ME
For the zip files of past competitions (September, October, November, December, January), visit Mrunal.org/write2win
- Thanks everyone for participating and sharing. And if anyone feels hurt for not getting his/her due recognition/ranking despite the contribution, then my sincerest apologies.
- Irrespective of the platinum/gold/silver categorization, I thank and applaud you all, for your gesture of sharing knowledge with the community and look forward for more of your articles in future.
- Competition is stopped from now on. Please donot send any more articles to my email id.
The sad truth of life is- 50000 subscriber ki site hai, lekin harr kaam khud karnaa padtaa hai. Nobody comes to help in the time of need.