Write Essay on one of the following topics. 2500 words, 3 hours.
- “Sectarianism, bigotry, and its horrible descendant, fanaticism, have long possessed this beautiful earth. They have filled the earth with violence, drenched it often and often with human blood, destroyed civilization and sent whole nations to despair.” (Vivekanand, Parliament of Religions in Chicago in 1893. Modi cited in in 9/11 remembrance tweet)
- Had it not been for the horrible demons of violence and fanaticism, human society would be far more advanced than it is now. (Vivekanand)
- There is no greater human virtue to be practiced than the ability to show compassion. (some column)
- Today’s victims are tomorrow’s perpetrators hidden in plain sight. (UNICEF- in context that child victims of extreme violence in their early years, end up as perpetrators themselves.)
- Global economy is not utilising women effectively (IMF chief)
- Independence of judiciary is non-negotiable (CJI Lodha)
- A Justice System for the Resurgent India. (Seminar topic of CJI Lodha)
- Spate of conflicts around the globe today are effectively a “piecemeal” Third World War. (Pope)
- Greed, intolerance, the lust for power- the three motives for War. (Pope)
- Benefits of living in a multipolar world (editorial topic)
- Indian tradition of tolerance is showing signs of strain. (some column)
- Globalization does not only mean the conversion of the world into a common market. (Harsh Vardhan)
- Innovation is a form of forgetting, of erasure in the name of improvement. (some column)
- Smart leadership and smart people are essential pre-requisites for making cities smart. (Minister in a seminar)
- Culture is a device through which all values acquired over generations is filtered (some seminar)
- Colonizing powers used culture as a tool of domination (some seminar)
- Only cultural approach will solve the problem of caste system (some seminar)
- There are no “natural disasters”- only inadequately planned human settlements. (J&K floods related column)
- “It is not the strongest nor can the most intelligent will that survive but those that adapt to changes.” (Charles Darwin- in context of House sparrow not becoming extinct but shifting to other areas)
- The Age of Loneliness. (Context: one day entire biodiversity will be lost, and then human race will feel emotional shock.)
- Families are the bricks that build society. (Pope)
|Post comment below containing topic and keypoints of your essay.||draft essay in MS word, upload It on google drive. Then comment below this article with two things:
Q. Are there any prizes and winner announcements?
Q. Then what exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Ans. Two things
- once there is enough data, I’ll update this same article by copying those points from comments.
- If someone seems really consistent and talented, might ask him / her to join my gang.