- Why Din Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)?
- S1: Rural Deen Dayal
- S2: URBAN Deen Dayal
- Deen Dayal ties up with NSDC
- NRLM and NULM
- 100 days of HRD ministry under Modi Government
- Mock Questions
Why Din Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)?
- To provide Skill training to poors in cities and villages. Unemployment gone, poverty gone.
- By 2020, developed nations will have shortage of ~57 million workers. Foreign companies will have to outsource work elsewhere.
- Modi wants them to “Make in India”. BUT companies want four things first:
- Ease of doing business- file clearance without suitcase-raj.
- Stable taxation policy.
- Industrial location factors that we saw under Geography.
- Cheap but skilled labour force. (India will have ~47 million new workers by 2020).
- Every year, 12 million Indians join workforce but out of them only 10% are skilled. In EU (70%), China (50%)
- Therefore, success of Make in India, will depend on success of Din Dayal Antyodaya Yojana.
|Why?||Skill training to poors in both cities and villages.|
S1: Rural Deen Dayal
- Government will setup training centres in rural areas.
- Training syllabus will be descend on international standards, so that rural youth can work in the foreign companies coming to India under Prime minister’s “Make in India” campaign.
- Special attention to physically disabled persons.
S2: URBAN Deen Dayal
|Official name||Deen Dayal Upadhyay Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)|
|Target||Every year, train 5 lakh people|
6 Components of DDUAY scheme
- Setup City livelihood centres with Rs.10 lakh grant.
- Give training to each urban poor via those centres. Government will spent Rs.15k-18k on training each of them. Yearly target: 5 lakh persons.
- Form Urban Self Help Groups (SHG). Give Bank linkage and Rs.10,000 to each such group.
- Setup Vendor markets, and give skill training to vendors as well.
- Construction of permanent shelters for urban homeless + other essential services.
- Help poors setup enterprises. Give them loan At 7% interest rate.
|Enterprises||Interest Subsidy (Rs.)|
|Individual micro-enterprise||Rs. 2 lakh|
|Group Enterprises||Rs. 10 lakh|
Deen Dayal ties up with NSDC
- HUPA signed MoU with NSDC-National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- NSDC will training to poor, according to market needs, via its training centres.
- NSDC will also help in identification of beneficiaries besides certification of training programmes through Sector Skill Councils (SSCs).
- Sector Skill Councils SSCs: They are industry led bodies. They define Standards and Syllabus for different training program in given industrial sector.
- NSDC will identify beneficiaries and design their training program with help of above SSCs.
- Thus, NSDC-HUPA tie up will help in speedy and result oriented implementation of Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana.
NRLM and NULM
|Original name Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY).||Swarnajayanti Sahari Swarojgar Yojana|
|Later renamed to National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)||National urban livelihoods mission|
|Finally renamed to Aajeevika.||May be the IAS in HUPA ministry doesn’t want to harass UPSC aspirants, therefore did not device a fancy name parallel to Aajeevika.|
|Rural Development ministry||Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) Ministry|
I think sooner or later, Modi will shut down or subsume these two old schemes into the new Din Dayal scheme.
Economic Survey observation:
- Aajeevika Scheme worked fine for agarbatti, pottery, tailoring and other small business activities.
- But at some places, Government made too much infrastructure investment compared to scope of the given business activity.
Aajeevika: Budget 2014
- Under Aajiveeka, Women-SHG in backward districts get loans at cheaper interest rate.
- Budget 2014 increased the number of backward districts under this scheme.
|Loan interest rate||Before 2014||after|
|4%||In 150 most backward district||+100 more added = 250|
|7%||Remaining districts||interest rate unchanged (7%)|
More districts to get Cheaper SHG-loans. Additionally, Budget 2014 also announced “Start Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme” for rural youth.
100 days of HRD ministry under Modi Government
Just a quick reference table prepared from this PIB report.
|Beti Bachao Beti Padhao||Department of School Education and Literacy (DSEL), supported the Ministry of Women and Child Development for roll out in 100 districts.|
|UDAAN (CBSE)||to enable backward girls to move to post-school education in Science and Maths.|
|PRAGATI (AICTE)||Providing Assistance for Girls’ Advancement in Technical Education Initiativeone girl per family whose family income < 6 lakhs p.a on merit at the qualifying examination to pursue technical education.|
|Saksham||Scholarships to differently abled students to pursue technical education.|
|Ishan Uday||scholarships to students from North East Region whose parental income is below Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum for college education.|
|Ishān Vikās||Visit/Internship at IIT/NIT/IISER by students of NE region.|
|Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat||
|National E-Library||Digital books to all citizens.|
CSAT MCQs: interchanging facts between Din Dayal vs Ajeevika vs NRUM to design trap statements. For example:
- Din Dayal Antyodaya scheme is meant for subsidized grains to widows and destitute.
- DDUAY falls under Skill Development ministry.
- Under its rural component, Government aims to train 5 lakh persons per year.
- DDUAY will subsume UDAAN scheme for J&K youth.
And so on…Then you’ll be asked to idenify Which of the above statements are correct? Only 1 and 2; only 2 and 3; and so on.
- “Success of Make in India, will depend on success of Din Dayal Antyodaya Yojana.” Elaborate. 200 words.
- Write a note on the salient features of DDUAY Yojana / NRUM / NRLM / those fifty dozen new schemes of HRD under 100 days. (Although I doubt whether UPSC will ask such cheap and easy questions in mains. Except ofcourse under a double-bluff backbreaking moveTM.)
Answers for the csat MCQ:
2-Incorrect(rural development min)
Great work mrunal sir
Sir new printing format is irritating. Old format ko again apply.
Udaan scheme at two places?
Saksham used to be for sensitization ?!
What is wrong with the government…why don’t they just stop this craziness and simpl….ahhh what am I saying. I’ll just leave this part.
your work is so great mrunal sir
Good information! Mrunal sir
@caligula …. can i know what is your optional subject because i need some guidance
please render sublinks under current topics of september and october functional ..Thanks in Advance
from where can we read about these lateset schemes?
I mean India yearbook doesn’t have them. I don’t go to coaching so that i have handouts. what shoul be my source? I was capturing Din Dayal scheme but i didnt get that much stuff in detail. From where can i collect this data Sir?
please refer pib.nic.in
It gives detail information of each and every scheme.
Capf result declared..
All the best
What is the meaning of the word “Antyodaya” ?
‘Antyodaya’, meaning ‘serving the last man in the queue’, is a concept developed by Deen Dayal Upadhyaya and aims at reaching out to the most marginalised sections of the society.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Antyodaya word has come from “Aant” + “Uday”..
Anat = Last
Uday = Development/Progress
so ” Development of the last( in society)
Rise of the last person of the society
How can ngos apply for this scheme… …. Plea se also post criteria to work for this scheme
Sir it’s getting late to upload #CDS answerkey …
how the pipe line network helps in the regional development in india (10 marks) 150 words ……… any body
CAPF 14 RESULT OUT
kya bna ?
NOT QUALIFIED…….cuttoff-112 general category.
What about jataily recent statement regarding central recruitment?will it affect ssc and upsc?
antyodaya means “antim aadmi ka uday” i.e raising the last man….
Sir,if a question is asked in exam about the topics provided by yoy,it’ll be sufficient to write all the points discussed in the topic’s detail as I find each and every aspect is covered by you.
Was wondering if you will be posting the important topics for current affairs from June-Aug? It would be extremely helpful!!
Thanks and regards,
Is there any difference between Aajivika and old schemes related with them???
I had a study group on whatsaap.you can discuss your idea there.if anybody intresred.you can send me a message on my no.7428349827 with your name.
This project will be develop of poor family.
so very good decision.
Who was Pandit Deen Dayal Upadyaya and what were his contributions?
such a question can appear in mains like the questionon Maulana Azad did last yr?
NULM has been incorrectly referred as NRUM in two places. Kindly correct it Sir.
How, We can take training ?
i want to do training.
how many days taken getting loan ofter application … and what formality invalved /
Can it be incremented in hilly area like manipur..need reply
sir can you plz provide the xerox copy of gs menul mcqs its not easy for every student to buy lots of book and gs menul is very expensive for me
SIR ,i want to geography notes sir please provided