- L1/P5: Banking: Qualitative Tools of Monetary Policy
- L0/P1: How to kick Start GS Prep for Prelims?
- L0/P2: History & Culture for Prelims?
- L0/P3: Geography, Environment & Science for Prelims?
- L0/P4: Notes making for UPSC & Current Affairs from Hindu?
- L0/P5: Time Management, Failures & Career-Backup?
- Second lecture was done on 23th January 2015, and uploaded. Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into six parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles and English PPTs on the site.
L1/P5: Banking: Qualitative Tools of Monetary Policy
This is continuation of monetary policy topic, which was started in first lecture…..
- Recap of the Earlier lecture: quantitative tools & their utility in controlling money supply, inflation and deflation
- Measures of money supply: M0, M1, M2, M3, M4 & technique to memorize it
- What is Margin requirement or Loan to Value ratio?
- Qualitative tools of Monetary policy: Consumer credit control, down payment, Credit Rationing, Moral suasion, direct action
- Priority Sector Lending norms in India- its features, penalties- RIFD, SEDF funds.
- MCQs from Previous Prelim exams from this topic.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/HJXkluvbPF8
Powerpoint Link: files.secureserver.net/0fxNJqSZOKiE4I
L0/P1: How to kick Start GS Prep for Prelims?
This is a separate lecture for completely new players on how to begin GS preparation…..
- 7 Pillars of general studies preparation.
- Analysis of CSAT-2014 Paper
- Why is it essential to finish Polity and Economy first, before other subjects?
- How to approach Polity in a systematic manner?
- Polity preparation beyond M.Laxmikanth
- Brief outline on GS-Economy preparation. (Separately covered in another video)
- Timeframe for finishing Polity and Economy syllabus.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/zGj_ifNJXhM
L0/P2: History & Culture for Prelims?
- Difference between Old NCERT & New NCERT? Which ones the approach?
- Myth breaking: Will you fail if you don’t have Old-NCERT?
- How to approach Culture and Ancient History? What books to avoid?
- Why do toppers skip preparation of Medieval History?
- Importance of theHindu newspaper for preparation of History-Culture?
- Why you must solve MCQs from GS Manual for History?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/sQstgRHuTEE
L0/P3: Geography, Environment & Science for Prelims?
- Analysis of CSAT-2014 paper: Geography, Environment & Science.
- How to approach NCERTs in a systematic manner for these subjects?
- Geography: which areas to focus, which ones to ignore?
- Environment: why cost:benefit is bad? Minimum essential preparation?
- How UPSC examiners setup tricky questions- why person must study NCERTs irrespctive of graduation/PG?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/xtymIEnJHeM
L0/P4: Notes making for UPSC & Current Affairs from Hindu?
- Which newspapers and magazines to focus, and why?
- Secondary sources of preparation and why first timers should ignore them till core syllabus is finished?
- Important of theHindu newspaper for UPSC preparation, How to get Hindu at your place?
- Within Hindu- What to focus, what to ignore? Mrunal’s “00P, P+M, M+I & Z_ignore” approach(TM)
- Notes making: paper note vs. electronic notes.
- When Notes making is not required.
- Importance of Mindmaps for Humanities Optional subjects.
- Various Softwares and Apps for notes making and study-aid.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/ADZetIrWbj0
L0/P5: Time Management, Failures & Career-Backup?
- Difference between study hours and quality study hours?
- Common reasons why candidates repeatedly fail in the exam?
- Why advanced planning is necessary for career backup?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/dNvxMQKs2T0
Mrunal Sir, I am not ale to find the link of your video lectures on youtube. Please help me in finding the link
sir……i started my preparation long ago….i hav almost covered many of the areas due some academic pressure i could nt do it fully-fledgedly ….i started…..though it would be silly to ask this question…..frm today i hav 200 days for prelims is this tym really sufficient ……
sir……,i started preparation for po pls guide me
Economy lectures are very good
sir, I’ve IYB 2014, is it essential to buy IYB 2015? which chapters are updated?
Sir, thanks for your initiative. I don’t know Hindi,I want to listen to your lecture. If possible kindly upload it in english or upload the proper notes. It is tough to follow ppt notes.
sir i want notes of banking in economy. some months ago i have read it from your sight. but now i am unable to find it. plz help me b coz i need this urgently
Sir, the download of ppt for lectures link is unavailable
M new to this site and want to know about preparation of civil service
I am not here for civil service’s or any exams iam here to know all about india