We should not lose sight on what more needs to be done. We should not celebrate upgrades as we did not worry about downgrades. (Rajanbhai, after Moody raised India’s outlook)
- UPSC had conducted Civil service Mains exam 2014 during 14th to 20th December.
- 13th April 2015: 3300+ candidates selected for interview for 1291 vacancies. Result Link
- 18th April: Call letters to be uploaded on UPSC official site. This time no paper based interview call letters will be sent.
- 27th April: Interviews to begin.
- After final result is out, UPSC will upload Marksheets for all candidates.
- Officer numbers: 011- 23385271, 011-23381125, 011-23098543 or Fax No. 011-23387310, 011-23384472.
Tamilnadu Passouts: Free interview coaching
For Mains pass out candidates from Tamilnadu, their state academy has already notified procedure to get enrolled for free mock interviews and even facility to get accommodation at Delhi duringinterviews. click me for detailed pdf file
Gujarat Passouts: Free Interview coaching
For Mains pass out candidates from Gujarat, SPIPA Ahmedabad to provide free coaching. Address: Opp. “ISRO”, Satellite Road. Phone: 079-26747612 / 7636 / 1879 / 1956.
Mrunal Bhai….a big salute to u …u made me to understand very basics and essentials….thank u….. But I couldn’t clear my mains third time in a row with geography as an optional…..I am switching over my optional to zoology…..can u pls clarify ….can a MBBS graduate is eligible to write Indian forest service exam(notification mentions equivalent)…….pls help me out……….thanking u
I thank you to help the students far away like us ….such a great job …… bt I have heard n studied too in THE HINDU that age limitation would be minimised to 26 yrs from 2015.It will effect badly for the students who r still preparing at 29 or 30 n still unemployed. PL UPDATE ABOUT THIS SIR since it is a Issue relate to the future.
This is chandan jha,2011 batch ips…..
congrats to all who have cleared mains..all the best for interview…..Just few simple suggestion based on my experience of interview…
1)Interview is very subjective so never think that u are well prepared on not-well prepared…actual 20-25 min of interview will decide everything and ur marks/performance is not directly related to amount of hour u have given for preparation..
2)strong level of confidence is mandatory……politeness is very much required…be firm and polite…….
3)dont argue much with them……
4)believe me how many question u will answer will not decide ur marks….how u answered question is very imp………even 50% question…
5)focus on ur summary sheet,current issues……
6)last is that be cool even u are not able to answer many…just answer well even 2-3 questions..
all the best…
Thank you sir_______
Can anyon plz guide me about the syllabus of anthropology and performance trend of this subject in Mains result in recent years
Hey sunil .. u r right … if u have determination then u can do anything..I was asking in general…… yes she did it while she was working in sbi..she joined after she wrote d mains .and u knw every1 has different plans …bdw thanksfr ur suggestion. u there fr civil service interview dis year???
Thanks a lot sir..ur guidance helped me a lot during my civils interview…
hello sir , now I am student of bsc 2nd year, can I give prelims in august 2015.
I want to give 2015 pre. But don’t know what to study Pre, GS or optional as i am working so didn’t get enough time to study.
Anyone can guide me so that i prepare for this Exam well as i have age Factor also.
Anyone please guide me for geography optional, i am preparing it by self study only, as newcomer i need guidance regarding materials and preparation strategy for this subject.
I know its little late to saying this now but I thought to share something about interview from my experiences .Here I want to suggest some points regarding interview and I will tell what should not be done for the interview and during the interview….
1.don’t try to turn your personality a ‘ prepared personality’ in your manners and attitude.
2. don’t surrender yourself as I did in my failures like when the chairman said me to speak in English about myself, I said in the very first that I am not very fluent in English while I should had tried to speak atleast. This showed my surrender, my less confidence and disability of not to face the challenges.
3. don’t follow the sayings artificially like….put hands all time on the supporting blocks of chair, don’t watch here and there, don’t change your sitting position meanwhile, don’t cross fingers etc. I feel, no member bothers for all such things.
4.during entry, wishing the members don’t behave something unnatural . Just be yourself and go with the flow inspite of thinking about should I do like this or not…
5.Be prepared about yourself like when they say..’tell us about you’ coz I find this is the most challenging question in the interview and this comes in the very start of the session and decides their mindset about you.
6. find out your strength and weakness already coz I found this difficult to tell about my weaknesses during interview and again this doubt raises in mind should I tell this or that weakness or not?
7. Choosing the dress colour also bothers sometimes but trust me, such things never comes in the mind of the board that much we care about but look decent and use formal wear.
8.When there comes the questions about your hobby, you must look confident and smiling that time coz it shows that this is your zone of comfort.
9. Don’t try to prepare much about interview but focus on behave like a confident person even in your daily routine in these days of interview season.
10. Be You. Be natural. Be true whatever you are. They are trying to know you, not any fake person.
11. Keep confidence in yourself and say to yourself that I am clearing the exam this year and I am the IAS this year.
Wishing true luck for everyone. Things will be in your favour . Victor Hugo has said, “No power on earth can stop an idea whose time has come. “ So trust me YOU ARE THE POWER AND YOU ARE THE IDEA TOO AND NO ONE OR NOTHING CAN STOP YOU.
anyone in the 3rd batch of cse interview particularly falling in june 2015?
anybody having interview in the first week of June?
I am above knee amputee with 80 % disability and use artificial leg I qualify functional qualifications for ias with artificial leg but I can’t perform bending function.. Will don’t alot me service even after severe disability
I am above knee amputee with 80 % disability and use artificial leg I qualify functional qualifications for ias with artificial leg but I can’t perform bending function.. Will they allow me service even after severe disability because with use of artificial leg am not that much disabled.
Sir, I started preparation for CSE 2016 .I want to read the hindu in printed from. can any one have idea where in Rajkot I get THE HINDU .?
First, Congratulations to all who passed mains. To those who are not, big world is waiting for you. IAS/IFS/IPS is just any other job and it is just another goal . Even to those who are working as IAS/IFS/IPS ..Love the life not IAS. All those who made till mains are equals. Never let your morale down. It is not the Power that is important. It is the personality and attitude that makes difference and do wonders. There are many ways to serve the community, if you like, be part of them. The more important thing in life is to be happy. Be happy by serving communities, be happy by achieving your bigger goals. People remember and value the one who help them and society irrespective of their ranks.
Finally, the moment you make it to mains , means you are already a bright person. Just you need to channelize your energy to fillful your next set of goals. I would advice everyone to takeup jobs and do write mains but being idle and prepare for civils alone will kill one’s own morale.