- L4/P5: Make in India & Skill India: Salient Features
- L4/P6: Make in India: Policy issues & challenges from Economic Survey
- L4/P7: Inflation: WPI, CPI, IIP theory and Survey Analysis
- On 10th April 2015, I conducted session on “Sectors of Economy” subpart- make in India, skill India and inflation.
- Total 2:30 hours, split into 3 parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
L4/P5: Make in India & Skill India: Salient Features
- Recap of the previous lecture on agriculture and manufacturing industry
- Why skill Indian people?
- Skill India mission
- Pradhan Mantri’s Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY): salient features of.
- Din Dayal Antyodaya Yojana
- schemes for skilling the minorities: Ustaad, Nayi Manzil
- Why Make in India?
- 5 pillar strategy for Make in India: simplification of processes, protection of intellectual property rights, focus on 30 sectors, infrastructure development, and opening of new sectors.
- Budget 2015: Make “Outside” India in CMLV countries- Why?
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/XnjSwx4S5Gk
L4/P6: Make in India: Policy issues & challenges from Economic Survey
- 3 Policy interventions suggested for make in India.
- 3 ways to boost GDP: geology, geography and genes.
- Brief GK/Factoids on service sector, from economic survey.
- Discussion of following Mock questions for Mains:
- “In a globally integrated economy, Indian Government has limited policy maneuvers to promote Make in India.” Discuss.
- Since the industrial revolution, no country has become a major economy without becoming an industrial power. Examine the importance of “Make in India” in this regard.
- “The future trajectory of Indian economic development depends on both Make in India and Skill India.” Elaborate
- Inclusive growth necessitates greater focus on manufacturing than service sector. Do you agree?
- Make in India is a flawed idea, do you agree?
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/pdltNFIOvxE
L4/P7: Inflation: WPI, CPI, IIP theory and Survey Analysis
- Index theory: Laspeyeres index, Paasche index and Fischer index.
- IIP- index of industrial production. Who calculates? Base year? 3 categories, 8 core industries, trend analyses from economic survey
- WPI- wholesale price index. Who calculates? Base year? Three categories- primary articles, fuel, manufactured goods and weight assigned to each.
- Difference between headline inflation and core inflation
- CPI- Consumer price index. Who calculates? Base year? 6 categories and weight assigned to each of them.
- CSO’s reform in calculation of consumer price index (CPI) from February 2015.
- Trend of inflation during last few years.
- Why has inflation declined in recent times?
- Price stabilization fund- who operates it? Salient features and purpose.
- Misc. indexes
- Producer’s price index to replace wholesale price index
- Index of service production and its four categories.
- Baltic dry index and its interpretation.
- RBI’s inflation expectations survey for households.
- RBI’s OBICUS survey
- CSO’s annual survey of industries (ASI)
- SBI composite index- features, interpretation.
- Next lecture will be on foreign trade policy 2015 and related issues from budget and economic survey.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/xGADBiEf9fg
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
Rename them to L5
Sir ,pls upload the lecture related to budget and economic survey 2015
can these video lecture be in English?
I find these lecture videos most useful despite myself being not versed in Hindi. Even though i dont enjoy better net speed I strongly urge mrunal sir to keep up this new format. Because- articles take lot time not only to compile but also for readers, hence lot of time saved, much needed on the verge of prelims. And secondly people like me who hail from south and trying to learn some hindi would also benefit. :p dont bother if you dont have better net speed, use youtube video downloader, last night at around 100 or less kbps, i was able to download 4 videos in 2 or 3 hours, while i put it for downloading i was reading a news paper, later i enjoyed seamless videos.
I have appeared for the SSC CGL Tier-2 Examination 2014 Conducted on 12th April, 2015. I was not aware that there was instructions not to use correction fluid for correcting answers. I am worried that whether my OMR Sheet will be checked or not?
sailing in the same boat prashant. but ssc created an ambiguity by priniting on hall ticket that correcting fluid can be used. so if they reject our omr sheet lets fight. mail me on email@example.com
Mrunal sir, u will not be uploading pdf notes anymore?? :(
videos now not supported on simple mobile please do some think or suggest remedes
Mrunal Sir ,
I could not find Ppts for L2-P4 to L2-P9 in the download section.
Could you please check that once.
Thanks in advance.
Sir please can you write the same topics that you covered in vedios? i want to take print outs
Respected sir will you please start giving articles as before ? it was a very convinient mode of study . we are almost addicted to your articles . please sir bring those golden days for us . we have a lot of difficulties in accesing your lectures on youtube. please think for us. thanking you.
agree………. even m nt surfing the site these days bcz of nt hvng those articles which are the strong pillar of Mrunal’s effort………………
L4 or L6???????
you are teaching economy in very good style.
simple to understand
very good lectures compared to Delhiwala coachings.
thank you sir
Dear Mrunal Sir…. please provide pdf format instead of prsentation . it is hard to understand
sir you doing a great job by putting up such
good articles n video
I hav seen many are asking you to write only articles as before but do good for both english as wel as for hindi medium students I think hindi wale need your help more in comparison of what english wale need
Mrunal Sir I am not getting good marks in csat paper. because of which , I am not cracking an UPSC pre exam , Guide me .
Sir plese upload more lectures I m in Bhopal i m your great fan u are like Salman Khan for Cecil service apparents Thanku sir and more I waiting since 2 weeks for lectures
SIR ,THERE IS NO PPT OF L4 /P5 P6 P7
Sir, i am a civil engg student.i want to become a ias officer & i take civil engg as a optional in upsc.pls suggest me this optional is best to secured good rank.
How to crack pre i just short of it in last time..i m preparing self..