[PIN-Nov-2015] Part 2/2: International Summits, Bilateral Meets, Defense, Environment, Agriculture, Culture
- Bilateral relations
- International Summits & meetings
- International Tragedies / Crisis
- Internal security
- Defense and Science Tech
- Parks, Sanctuaries, Wildlife spots
- States in News
||Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya will meet with China’s Development Research Centre (DRC) on topics related to economy and social development.
- Two-tier structure setup between our Home Ministry and the Ministry of Public Security of China- consisting of ministers and bureaucrats from each side.
- This will provide an institutional platform that will cover all issues that impact on the “internal security” of the two countries such as law enforcement, cybercrimes, terrorism, trans-border crimes and drug trafficking.
- Modi visit to UK: Pacts signed to increase people-to-people ties, strengthen Indian diaspora community
- Problem area: Trade between India and the UK has been dipping since 2011, mainly over regulation and taxation issues.
- Modi inaugurated a memorial in London dedicated to B.R. Ambedkar and visited Wembley Stadium in London.
- Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli criticised India and blamed Madhesi people for ongoing blockade which has led to shortage of fuel and medicine.
- He accused the Indian Oil Corporation of not delivering fuel despite early and advance payment for fuel.
- Nepali cable operators banned on Indian channels due to ongoing blockade .
- Indian SSB jawans were detained by Nepal army but released.
- India sent a delegation of journalist to show its perspective.
- Modi unveiled a 12-ft bronze statue of Swami Vivekananda in Malaysia.
- The statue was a gift from a Belur Math devotee in India
|India & Japan
- 15,000 crore North East connectivity project
- India-Japan will create a manufacturing hub in this region.
- But differences between Indian agencies and JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency) on cost and security angles.
- Japan plus cell for expediting clearances for Japanese investments in India.
||Vice-President of China, visited India, Anjanta caves, signed agreements on river water management and cultural exchanges.
|| Dy PM of Russia, cancelled planned visit to Delhi .
International Summits & meetings
||Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation forum meeting in Manila in Philippines.
- ASEANS is a 10-member grouping founded in 1967
- 27th Summit held at Kuala Lampur ,Malaysia
- India will soon provide electronic visa facility to all 10 Asean members
- India will set up an Asean-India innovation platform to facilitate commercialisation of low-cost technologies
- India will focus on CMLV- Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam for its “Make Outside India” program.
||held at Kuala Lumpur.
- 4 nation Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal car rally reached at Tripura.
- It’ll follow the routes described in BBIN-Motor Vehicle Agreement signed between these four countries at Thimphu.
||Yuan included as a reserve currency in IMF-SDR with effect from 1st October 2016. For more details refer to powerpoint ML5/P4.
||Global Focal Point Conference on Asset Recovery held.
- Annual G20meet @ Turkish city Antalya; President of Turkey is Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Next G20 meeting @China.
- India-Australia concluded the civil nuclear agreement for supply of Uranium.
- Australia has about a third of world’s recoverable uranium resources. India will be the first country to buy Australian uranium without being a signatory to the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty + Anti-terrorism coordination
- 2008: Kosovo declared independence from Serbia.
- Its bid for UNESCO membership rejected. Because such bid requires support of 2/3rd voting or 94 “yes” votes.
||Common wealth summit held. Nauru is the most smallest populous nation of commonwealth nations. But, most successful in terms of per capita income among common wealth nations.
- Aung San Suu Kyi’s National League for Democracy won majority seats (364 seats out of 491)
- Suu Kyi cannot become President herself under a Constitution drafted by the military, because her son has foreign citizenship.
||Climate change summit to be held in December 2015.
International Tragedies / Crisis
- Russian airliner carrying 224 passengers crashed into the mountainous area of Sinai Peninsula.
- Terrorist attack at 6 locations of Paris, over 120 killed. Europe’s largest Muslim population lives in France.
- French President Francois Hollande chief guest at the Republic Day parade of India
- Emergency declared between 4 to 10th November.
- Ahmed Adheeb Abdul Ghafoor was the vice president of Maldives, but police arrested him on the charges of hatching plot to assassinate President of Maldives Mr. Abdullah Yameen through a boat blast.
||Bangladesh handed over this ULFA leader to India. He was arrested 18 years ago.
||Dukhtaran-e-Millat chief, separatist leader of Kashmir, praised by Nawaz sharif.
||Arrested from Bali, Indonesia. Indonesia is the biggest country in ASEAN.
||Pakistan-born American terror operative and former source of FBI. He has been granted pardon by Mumbai special court to turn approver and a witness against 26/11 mastermind Abu Jundal (In December 2015)
||its registration cancelled for violating various norms under FCRA act. More details under Powerpoint Mains_L5_P1.pptx
|| Jurgen Stock met modi @Global Focal Point Conference on Asset Recovery in New Delhi
||Union’s Rs.2000 crores for rehabilitation of Kashmiri migrants- 3000 government jobs, 6000 homes. Although Kashmiri Pandits unhappy since similar scheme in 2008 was a fiasco due to apathetic attitude of state regime.
Defense and Science Tech
Image taken from Times of India
- country’s first Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) outlet.
- AMRIT programme is aimed at lowering treatment cost of cancer and cardio-vascular diseases here drugs will be sold at highly discounted rates.
|Defence procurement policy 2015
- To provide level playing field for Micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSMEs)
- first DPP was drafted in 1992 and has since been revised several times, last time in 2013.
- This communications satellite was launched Using Ariane-5 launch vehicle.
- from Kourou in French Guiana in South America.
- It also included GEO Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) payload, expected to work for next 12 years.
|Indian Air Force
||By June 2017, the first batch of women fighter pilots will be serving the Indian Air Force after graduating from Dundigal academy.
- oldest serving aircraft career (57 years)
- It’s to be decommissioned next year.
- Andhra Pradesh is the first to approach the Defence Ministry to convert this into a tourist attraction to inspire people.
- Barak NG (next generation) missile is a super sonic Long range surface to air missile (LR-SAM) jointly developed by DRDO (India) and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) of Israel.
- This 100 km range missile provides all weather defense to a ship against incoming enemy helicopters, drones, missiles, fighter jets.
- Its test-firing being done from stealth destroyers P15-A, INS Kolkata and INS Kochi.
||Switzerland delivered 75th Aircraft to delivered to Indian air force.
- 26th January 2016, French President Fancois Hollande to be the chief guest for republic day parade.
- India and France are working to finalise the agreement for the direct purchase of 36 Rafale fighter jets during that visit.
- India’s easternmost strategic airfield at Teju, Arunanchal Pradesh.
- New runway to host heavy lift aircraft and bombers (against China)
- Total six such strategic airfields planned for Arunachal Pradesh.
- The only indigenous manufacturer and exporter of thermal imaging-based devices.
- It’s bidding for Army’s Futuristic Infantry Combat Vehicle programme.
- Robot to perform Agricultural activities. can plough the field, water it and sow seeds for a fixed period of time, with the help of a timer and GPS coordinates.
- Created by Hyderabad’s P. S. V. Kisshann, filed patent recently, cost approx Rs.1.2 lakh
||Swan river in Una district – state govt demands funds from centre for its flood management project.
- Rice variety made by Kerala scientist.
- It is tolerant to salinity, iron toxicity and resistant to flash floods up to two weeks.
||WMO says it was the hottest year on record and Next year may be even worse
|Bharat fuel norms
- According to Auto Fuel Policy, Bharat Stage-5 (BS-V) norms were to be implemented from April 1, 2022 and BS-VI from April 1, 2024.
- But now Government decided to implement them from 2019 and 2021 respectively. to combat pollution at earliest.
- Japanese companies Mitsubishi, Toshiba and Hitachi provide technology to French Areva and the U.S. – based Westinghouse and GE respectively for developing nuclear plants.
- Villagers of Jaitapur region petitioned Japanese PM Abe not to sign nuke deal with India.
- Global meet on safe use of chemicals in pepper farming.
- By International Pepper Community (IPC) under the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP).
|Pampa river, Kerala
- Pollution problem due to abandoning of clothes in the river by pilgrims returning from Sabarimala.
- Kerala High Courts’ stern directive to treat it as criminal offence.
||The fumes from nearby public crematorium are damaging the marbles of Taj Mahal. Supreme Court judge, Justice Kurian Joseph visited Taj Mahal, ASI also supported the findings of Judge.
Parks, Sanctuaries, Wildlife spots
- Bandipur and Nagarhole national parks are part of 6000 sq.km Nilgiri biosphere,
- This biosphere supports single largest Asian elephants population in the world.
|Kawal Tiger Reserve
||Adilabad- has become a safe zone more for the Maoists than tigers.
|Kaziranga national park
- CAG highlighted the nuisance of hotels and commercial tourism enterprises near the park.
- NGT asked about the steps taken by the State of Assam to prevent animal deaths on roads caused due to vehicular traffic.
||High quality Red sanders grow in the Nallamala hills of Andhra Pradesh. It has become a hot smuggling zone, but this year, heavy rains made it difficult for smugglers to operate.
||star tortoise will soon come into extinction category. Its trade is banned in India but not in Thailand.
|Vizhinjam sea port
||Kerala govt diluted the environment norms for supplying building materials to Vizhinjam seaport. Environment activist opposed this move.
- 96 monuments + Dogs and parrot tombs found.
- They even have monuments for saintly animals such as Tota Kabr (parrots’ tombs), two are Kutte Ka Kabr (dog’s tombs).
- But some historian believe these may be tombs of the enemies of the Bahmani kings. Hence the derogatory names.
||Listed in heritage structure in ASI list. Based on Gothic architecture with traditional Indian ‘vaasthu’ principles. Problem: Unauthorised construction
States in News
||ban on the sale and consumption of liquor would be imposed in Bihar from the next fiscal year, beginning April 1, 2016.
|| first IPO among the major ports is issued.
||Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced a number of sops for Scheduled Caste people- free laptops for girls and Sanskrit University after Maharishi Valmiki.
||Tata Steel commissioned Kalinganagar Steel Plant in odisha + the largest single-location greenfield steel project in India + group will soon build another plant at Gopalpur (odisha)
||Punjab Cabinet gave its nod for life imprisonment as maximum punishment for those convicted for acts of sacrilege.
- Pushkar Fair held in Pushkar Rajasthan. one of the largest camel fairs in the world.
- Resurgent Rajasthan Partnership Summit and New Rajasthan MSME Policy 2015 launched at Jaipur. >90% of industries in this state fall under MSME classification.
- Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group will develop a 6,000 megawatt Solar Power Park in Rajasthan. It has to attract an investment of Rs. 60,000 crore.
||Microsoft picks Varanasi for experimental Internet pilot project.
Visit Mrunal.org/PIN for Persons in news, books-authors, awards and sports related current affairs for IBPS, SSC, CDS, CAPF, ACIO, APFC/EPFO, RBI and state service exams.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Thank You Very much
excellent compilation….it gives us motivation and a direction in our preparation….very simple and lucid language used…please keep up the good work
sir, my optional is agriculture i’m not getting any good guidance regarding this optional plz provide me how to prepare for this subject.
Mrunal sir ….Please upload some material on labour and industrial laws for upcoming APFC exam.
Vvvvery thanks sir
Thank you so much sir! happy Morning with Mrunal!
Dear and most respected teacher mrunal sir,
can you please upload the all lectures that will happen in pdpu. many of us is relying only on your lectures for preparation.
if lectures of other faculties in pdpu, along with your’s can be uploaded, It will help a lot for students like us who either cant go to delhi nor join pdpu programe
Sir the information provided by u is most required nd wanted no coaching institute can provide it yours is theven best keep it up sir no one can match ur standards thanks a tonne
Sir,I need material regarding administrative management…..ras mains
Yes sir please do upload the lectures from pdpu if possible..
i want gs clear notes sir
I am a fan to ur website sir…i read about u on quora. . ..like u no other person inspires …i will meet u at atleast once in my life…..if god will show grace on me…i will take steps along with u sir ,for providing help to some other people..
Sir, this portal is amazing. I thank you for providing us this portal.
Could you please upload Sociology samples for Assam Public Service Commission exam to be held on 3/1/16.
can i read pd economy special for apfc in last 15 days will be benificial which section should i focus?
Sir, your website is very useful. I am also a Civils aspirant and appearing next year in 2016. But I find it disorganized and difficult to search what I am looking for.
All facts are great . Mrnul is best place for the competitive examination.
Thanks a ton Sir ! Amidst the flood of information yours is what i stick to.