[PIN-Nov-2015] Part 1/2: Justice TS Thakur, Dead in News, Diaspora, Books, Authors, Sports, Awards
- Persons in News (PIN) National
- 43rd CJI of India
- 7th Pay commission
- Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat
- PIN: Diaspora / international awards
- Dead in News
- Books, Movies, Literature
- Important Days in November
Persons in News (PIN) National
43rd CJI of India
Justice T.S. Thakur to replace Justice H.L.Dattu as the 43rd Chief Justice of India till 4/Jan/2017. Following are his notable judgements:
- BCCI is a public function. No office-bearer of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) should have any commercial interests in the game.
- Headed benches in Saradha scam, Sahara-scam, National Rural Health Mission scam.
- Ordered NDA to clean up Ganga River.
- meat bans could not be “shoved down someone’s throat (on Jain community’s petition)
- He holds Doctor of Laws ( Honoris Causa) degree by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow
- He has served as the Executive Chairman, National Legal Services Authority
- This former cabinet Secretary will head panel on new education policy
- Same person also headed the Green law panel to revise the environmental laws in India.
- Person will be disqualified from Vidhan Sabha / Vidhan Parishad, if he is of unsound mind.
- Waqar Ahmad Shah is MLA from Bahraich (UP), and under coma for a long time. Hence unable to participate in the proceedings.
- Hence Governor of UP sought EC opinion to remove him under this section.
||0.5% Swachh Bharat cess on value services to support Swachh Bharat WEF 15/11/2015
7th Pay commission
- Chairman Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur.
- Report to be implemented from 1st January 2016, 23.55% hike in salary and allowances.
- Maximum pay Rs.2.25l, minimum Rs.18k per month.
- Will cost government over 1 lakh crores.
- More highlights available here: finmin.nic.in/press_room/2015/7thCPC_Highlight.pdf
Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat (One India, Best India)
- Each State would collaborate with one other State of India each year.
- They’ll promote each other’s culture and language- For one year
- Through student exchange, cultural programs, film screening, celebrating 31st October as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
- This scheme is meant to fullfill Sardar Patel’s dream of National integration.
PIN: Diaspora / international awards
||Suffering from severe cerebral palsy, he became the only student with the severe disability to complete a Ph.D from JNU.
||Japan television channel made documentary on the role of this super 30 IIT mentor in helping underprivileged students compete for Engineering entrance exams.
||This Louisiana Governor and Republican presidential candidate has planned to drop from election race.
||PM Modi praised this Sanskrit Teacher turned app developer for making over 50 mobile apps for students/competitive exam aspirants for free, in Hindi language.
||Got prestigious national-level ‘Shilp Guru Award’ from President Pranab Mukherjee. He hails from adilabad (Telangana), trained trained artisans and craftsmen in Dhokra metal casting
||In Mann ki Baat, PM Modi appriciated the role of this Kanpur woman in lighting 500 homes with solar lanterns.
|| Class III student of Andhra Pradesh who won the Doodle for Google-2015 national-level competition.
||She is UK’s Minister of Employment. She is first woman of Indian origin in the British Cabinet.
||This former RBI dy. governor became executive director in IMF to represent Indian constituency (India + Bangladesh+ Bhutan + srilanka)
Dead in News
||140th birth anniversary (31 October -1875)
||Paris terror attacker (dead)
||English movies producer and Son of British industrialist Swaraj Paul.
||Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader, prominent player of Ram Janambhoomi movement. Died in Gurgaon.
|Brijmohan Lall Munjal
||Born in Punjab before partition. He was the founder of Hero Group. Got honorary Ph.D degrees from IIT Kharagpur and BHU. Largest Manufacturer of bicycles by Guinness records (1986)
||Writer of “Chariots of Fire” – this Oscar winning movie details the story of two athletes in 1924 Olympics.
|Dr. Satya Paul Agarwal
||Neurosurgeon and Secretary General of Indian Red Cross Society, Padma Bhushan recipient, dead.
||former medium pacer bowler from Delhi.
||Ex-RAW chief dead. He was behind the covert operations during Bangladesh Liberation movement
- Cartoonist R.K.Laxman’s first wife: Kumari Kamala – noted movie actress in South, and expert on “Vazhuvoor” style of dance.
- After divorce, his second wife: Kamala Laxman. She was a noted author of children’s books such as Tales of Tenali Raman, Thama and his missing mother, The star I never met,
|Lord Gulam Noon
||Nicknamed Curry King for his food-products such as Chicken tikka masala.
||Kannada writer, gunned down in Karnataka
||Editor of Sanchetna magazine, founder of Bharatiya Lekhak Sangathan
||Nangiakoothu temple dance expert
|Nathu Ram Godse
- Assassin of Gandhi. On 15 November Hindu Mahasabha organized programmes to celebrate his death anniversary as Balidan diwas.
- Following books are banned in India- Why I killed Gandhi (Godse’s last statement), and“Gandhi Vadh Aur Main (by his brother Gopal Godse).
|| distinguished scholar and historian of South Asia. He was recipient of the Padma Shri in 2013 for his contributions in building India-Japan ties.
||Ex-CEC (80s) and Ex-Governor of Gujarat
||Noted character actor in Indian movies and British soap operas.famous for his roles in Shatranj ke khiladi, Gandhi, Ram Teri Ganga Maili, A Passage to India. He was the first Indian to receive Order of British Empire.
||Secretary general of Indian red cross society, recipient of Padma Bhushan
||Noted archaeologist from UP, famous for his excavations at Bhimbetka (Madhya Pradesh) and Balathal (Rajasthan)
Books, Movies, Literature
Noted releases from August to November 2015
|Air Marshal Bharat Kumar
||The duels of Himalayan Eagle- about 1965 war
||What happened to Netaji?
||Publication division in dilemma to shortlist this theatre personality turned author. Because she has joined intolerance movement.
|Bollywood Actress Shilpa Shetty
||The Great Indian Diet
|Bollywood Actress Twinkle Khanna
||Mrs. Funny Bones
|Ex-Environment minister Jairam Ramesh
||To the brink and back: India’s 1991 story
|Ex-Fed reserve chief Ben S.Bernanke
||The courage to act- A memoir of a crisis and its aftermath
||This Music maestro won Centenary Award in International Film Festival of India.
|Naina Lal Kidwai (HSBC Banker)
||30 women in power: their voices, their stories
|Nandan Nilekani, Viral Shah
||Rebooting India- suggestion to turn Indian into a global powerhouse.
|Radha Kant Bharati
||Interlinking of Indian rivers
||Two years Eight months and twenty eight nights- a book Ibn Rushd, a Spanish-muslim philosopher.
||Dreaming Big: My journey to connect India (through STD-PCOs)
||Autobiography – “Life on my terms” to be released in December 2015.
Sports Events in November 2015
|Anju Bobby George
||This long jump athlete became chairperson of Target Olympic podium Scheme (TOPS). This scheme aims to identify and mentor potential sportspersons for 2016 and 2020 Olympics.
- Macau Open Grand Prix: PV Sindhu won it for third time after defeating Japan’s Minatsu Mitan.
- Siril Verma won World Junior Badminton Championship held at Lima, Peru.
- World Heavyweight championship: Tyson Furi, Britain won.
- Shiva Thapa: ranked world #2 in 56 kilo category.
|Delhi Half Marathon
||Guye Adola (Ethiopia) and Florence Kiplagat (Kenya) won
||Robert Van Gent became strategic coach of Indian men’s hockey team
||Shashank Manohar replaced Srinivasan.
|Justice AP shah
||Ombudsman of BCCI
||Won Mexican Grant prix, Brazillian Grand Prix
||2015 world cup was held at Bir village, Himachal. Swiss and Japanese sportspersons won in male and female category respectively.
||Head of IPL governing council. Other members of governing council are jyotir aditya scindia, ajay shirke, MP Pandove and saurav ganguly.
|Rugby world cup
||New Zealand defeated Australia at the world cup held in New Zealand.
||Pankaj Advani won IBSF world snooker championship 2015 held in Egypt.
- Swiss Indoor: Federer defeated Nadal.
- Singapore Open: Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won women’s doubles.
- Davis Cup Tennis: Britain defeated Belgium in Gent, Belgium. Davis cup is considered the world cup of Tennis and its female equivalent is known as Fed cup.
Important Days in November
||National Press freedom day.
||World Toilet Day
||National Milk Day- birthday of Varghese Kurien
||Constitution day of India. HRD ministry directed all schools to celebrate it.
Visit Mrunal.org/PIN for Persons in news, books-authors, awards and sports related current affairs for IBPS, SSC, CDS, CAPF, ACIO, APFC/EPFO, RBI and state service exams.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Thanku sir…..please carry on month wise…..as done by u earlier…….please sir……urs current affairs r….boon to us……..for 2016
Wow..Mrunal Sir Fir se Purane Rang me laut aaye..
Wow..Mrunal Sir Fir se Purane Rang me laut aaye…Thanks Sir
Thanks a ton Sir.. You are the Teacher Whom we could rely upon completely
sir great philanthrophic job by you… everything at one place…
Thanks mrunal sir for helping us in this Wonderful way.
Sir plz upload current affairs matter from august to november jaisa pahle weekly kiya tha.
Thanks a lot! Really Clear and well-defined…… Pls Continue…!
World cup rugby was held in england and not new zealand(dumb)
thankyou very much sir, i bow for you:-)
Thank u so much sir…I really needed this fr APFC
plz provide complete set of current affairs for APFC
Thanks a lot for resuming current affairs article. now from analysis of this year’s mains papers continue strategy and guidance for 2016.
please sir give per day current matter for civil services
thank u mrunal sir, once again we got you back after long 7 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pls continue person in news…month wise.
Sir, Please send me the preparation plan for RRB (Railway Recruit ment Board) latest notification.
“[Coaching] PDPU IAS Study Centre- Fee refund on clearing prelims, weekend batch for working professional, hostel for boys & girls ”
Regarding the subject matter, Will you be continuing to up load the class room videos in 2016 also? or do you want us to join the classes?
What is your Message? Search before asking questions & confine discussions to exams related matter only.
Sir start new option on website..
Your all currunt affeirs nd other document sent pdf style direct to site visitor’s email adress…
Please sir it continue…..