- BES164/P4: Types of unemployment, EPF Regulatory Cholesterol
- BES164/P5: Startup India Standup India, Shishu, Kishor, Tarun, DPP-2016, Textile Shift
BES164/P4: Types of unemployment, EPF Regulatory Cholesterol
- Various types of involuntary unemployment: Cyclical, Frictional, Disguised unemployment, Seasonal, Under-employment, Educated, Technological, Open / structural unemployment and CDS-2013 MCQ from this topic.
- NSSO definitions of unemployment: Usual Principal Status, Current Weekly Status, Current Daily Status, Unemployment Rate.
- Unorganized sector vs informal sectors: characteristics and examples; Labour ministry’s classification
- How EPFO and Industrial disputes act are acting as regulatory cholesterol against job creation in formal sector?
- Budget-2016 announcements on taxation on EPF withdrawal, retirement age; how they were scrapped down later.
- Rise of contract workers and staff leasing companies in India- how they’re harmful to the growth of an enterprise?
- Why and how has Government of India became the largest employer of contractual workers?
- Plight of contractual workers in salt-pan industry. (given in powerpoint, but not in video, due to self-explanatory nature of topic)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/yjbho_2H0ho
BES164/P5: Startup India Standup India, Shishu, Kishor, Tarun, DPP-2016, Textile Shift
- In 2016, government of India updated the defense procurement policy, as per the recommendations of Dhirendra Singh committee.
- Procurement preference order from IDDM: Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured to buy global.
- What is offset policy in defense procurement? What are its benefits to Indian economy?
- Why should textile units shift towards small towns? How can it help in gender empowerment? World Bank stiches to riches report-2016
- Startup companies: schemes for their promotion, ASPIRE, Startup India Stand up India, Shishu, Kishor, Tarun, SMILE-SIDBI, AIM, SETU etc.
- Jurisdiction of various departments over various IPR.
- Criticism against valuation oriented startup companies.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/c6pzgApj3pQ
Next Lecture: Microeconomics theory and GDP-Inflation trends as per new survey. That’ll conclude the fourth pillar. Then we’ll move towards fifth pillar i.e. Infra/Environment: Paris Summit, Rail Budget, Nuke Energy etc.
please upload ppt of BES of rest of lectures so that we wil get the hangover it very soon
thank you sir,
Thanks a lot sir, You are real life Hero
thanks a lot
sir,why are not you uploading the .ppt files like before?…it gets really tough to revise the lectures quickly without those slides…please upload them before the prelim.
Hello Mrunal sir and Pratik Sir
Thanks for the lectures:)
heard pratik sir, just recovered from typhoid. on behalf of all aspirants, I pray good health for pratik sir.
one humble request, please try to finish the lecture series in next 10 days, so that aspirants can revise it multiple times before exam.
Please upload missing ppt which is already covered in video series.
thanks again sir, I wish all the happiness and success in your life!!!!!
@aritra, may be we need to some how convey this message to mrunal and team about ppt’s.
hoping they will notice the comments here and upload the missing ppt’s.
@ jokeratupsc got it brother…go to the mediafire server link – http://www.mediafire.com/folder/2bb433i58hp2v/General_Studies_Mrunal#lzkbu7819e81e ….Mrunal bhai Zindabad! :-)
I think Mrunal team has uploaded the ppt. Check the downlaod section. I think they forgot to put the link in the article.
respected. mrunal sir
this website is usefull for all aspirants especially for English medium students.
if it is possible for you please upload a hindi version also
Sir PPT bhi do pls jaldi,, thanks
Thanks alot :)
Sir, are these videos of Economic survey 2016 be helpful for 2017 aspirants or should i ignore these completely and cover only those basic 85 videos of economy? Please clarify ?
Hi Mrunal Sir…
I thank you for all the effort you and your team is making to make upsc preparation affordable and easy for aspirants but sir I would like to suggest that you should not associate yourself from DISHA General Studies Manual as I had solved questions from that book and it has grave mistakes, beyond imagination. All the aspirants those who are solving questions from DISHA General Studies Manual from do not try to see it’s answers, around 30% to 40% answers for tough questions are wrong.
thanks a lot for this series. Mrunal sir your lectures are best for economy preparation
I worked as a Physics teacher and I know very well how much a teacher have to struggle to make students understand the concepts in layman terms.Sir, you have very well understanding of students. Some are still teaching the way they were taught in 1980s by their teachers who themselves had graduated in 1950s. Respected sir , your economic survey, budget and microeconomics videos are of immense help. I am so emotionally overwhelmed that i think the government should recognize your work and must award you. You are doing it free of cost , man.I paid a hefty amount of money in a coaching in Lucknow and found it utterly useless.
I followed the Hindu since January and read the first part of economic survey in April this year. I have read the NCERT Macroeconomics last year. But in the last moment i found it difficult to revise all the stuff. I was at the moment of breaking down due to impossibility of revising the whole stuff of economics. Then I turned to respected Mrunal sir and found he have concluded everything in 33 video lectures. The total time period of these videos is approximately 16 hours which means 1 complete day which is not a big deal for me. So I decided to revise only ncert macroeconomics, and going through mrunal sir 33 video lectures. I think that will be sufficient for prelims. Will go through these videos on 5th August.
Thanks sir for your great work. And thanks for saving my attempt.
Dear respected Mrunal sir
You and your team doing good job without any payment. Sir may we have all these notes in hindi also.
pls upload ppt…
bhai iska html version dedo bas