- BES164/P4: Types of unemployment, EPF Regulatory Cholesterol
- BES164/P5: Startup India Standup India, Shishu, Kishor, Tarun, DPP-2016, Textile Shift
- Various types of involuntary unemployment: Cyclical, Frictional, Disguised unemployment, Seasonal, Under-employment, Educated, Technological, Open / structural unemployment and CDS-2013 MCQ from this topic.
- NSSO definitions of unemployment: Usual Principal Status, Current Weekly Status, Current Daily Status, Unemployment Rate.
- Unorganized sector vs informal sectors: characteristics and examples; Labour ministry’s classification
- How EPFO and Industrial disputes act are acting as regulatory cholesterol against job creation in formal sector?
- Budget-2016 announcements on taxation on EPF withdrawal, retirement age; how they were scrapped down later.
- Rise of contract workers and staff leasing companies in India- how they’re harmful to the growth of an enterprise?
- Why and how has Government of India became the largest employer of contractual workers?
- Plight of contractual workers in salt-pan industry. (given in powerpoint, but not in video, due to self-explanatory nature of topic)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/yjbho_2H0ho
- In 2016, government of India updated the defense procurement policy, as per the recommendations of Dhirendra Singh committee.
- Procurement preference order from IDDM: Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured to buy global.
- What is offset policy in defense procurement? What are its benefits to Indian economy?
- Why should textile units shift towards small towns? How can it help in gender empowerment? World Bank stiches to riches report-2016
- Startup companies: schemes for their promotion, ASPIRE, Startup India Stand up India, Shishu, Kishor, Tarun, SMILE-SIDBI, AIM, SETU etc.
- Jurisdiction of various departments over various IPR.
- Criticism against valuation oriented startup companies.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/c6pzgApj3pQ
Next Lecture: Microeconomics theory and GDP-Inflation trends as per new survey. That’ll conclude the fourth pillar. Then we’ll move towards fifth pillar i.e. Infra/Environment: Paris Summit, Rail Budget, Nuke Energy etc.