- Prelims 2019 Notification out
- More vacancies than last year
- Interview Fail Candidates’ biodata to be shared with other recruiting agencies
- When can I expect Prelims & Mains Result?
- No change in Age-Attempt limit (despite all the protests)
- No change in structure of the exam
- No changes in Mains and interview syllabus or marks
- No change in the syllabus of the exam
- Can last semester student apply?
- How much fees do I need to pay?
- When will I get the hallticket/admit-card for prelims?
- Multiple applications by same candidate?
- UPSC has released notification for civil services 2019 and forest service 2019 exam.
- Last date to apply is 18th March 2019, 6PM.
- Notification is uploaded here LINK
- Online application link is http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Apply at earlier because exam centers are first applying first allot basis.
- Prelim exam to be held on 2nd June 2019. (How many days left just watch the left hand corner green box of our website).
- Helpdesk numbers: No. 01123385271/011-23381125/011-23098543
Data taken from the vacancies declared in the official notifications of UPSC
- Compared to last year, vacancies have increased. 896 this time.
- We can expect barely ~1075211648 candidates clearing prelims-2019, compared to 10468 candidates who cleared prelims2018.
- Similarly, ~2688 may be called for interviews against 1994 called for interviews of CSE2018.
Just like last year, UPSC notification also mentions that those who fail in UPSC Interview… their details will be shared with other public and private recruiting agencies so that even those unemployed interview-failed candidates can find a suitable jobs. However, you can opt out of this data sharing ‘scheme’, if you’re not interested (or are worried about your ‘aadhar-privacy’). Read page no. 3 of the notification for more on this.
- In CSE2018, UPSC declared prelim and mains results within 41 days and 74 days respectively after the exam. So, if UPSC continues to show the same level of efficiency for CSE2018 then:
- Prelim2019 result can be expected on 13th July 2018. [Afterwards, you’ll have to file a new detailed application formDAF, with documentary proofs. So last year / last-semester students eligible to apply, IF they think they can get provisional marksheet of graduation by ~July/Aug2019.]
- Mains2019 result can be expected after 3rd December 2019. [As per revised examcalendar, Mains starts from 20th September and runs for 5 days so it depends on which days they keep holiday.]
- It is same as last year. Minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2019. i.e. i.e., he must have been born later than 1st August, 1998.
- Candidate already in IAS or Indian foreign service (IFS) not eligible to appear.
|General/EWS||32||6 [must not be born before 2nd August 1987]|
|SC/ST||32+5=37||till upper age|
|Physically disabled (Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic)||32+10=42||
|J&K domicile||32+5=37||depending on above categories (Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH)|
|Disabled serviceman discharged from duty||32+3=35||same as above|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty
* specific condition on page2 of notification
|32+5=37||same as above|
Above relaxation are cumulative e.g. OBC candidate from J&K = 32 + 3(OBC) + 5 (J&K) = 40 years up age limit.
What doesn’t count as an attempt?
- Ans. If you applied in previous exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- If you fail in prelims, attempt is counted.
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|general studies (GS)||aptitude / CSAT|
|Marks counted for selection in mains exam…yes||
|200 marks||200 marks|
|0.33% negative marking||0.33% negative marking|
|20 minutes for blind and locomotors disability||Same|
|English||300. Marks not counted in merit only 25% passing marks required.|
|Indian language paper (Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi etc. depending on your choice)||Same as above.|
|GS (mains) Paper1, 2, 3, 4||250 each x 4 papers = 1000 marks.|
|ONE Optional subject||500 marks.|
- No change in structure or syllabus or number of optional in the exam.
- For civil services Click to see this PDF
- For forest services: click to see this PDF
- Minimum education standard is graduation.
- Candidates from last semester can apply. Once you clear prelims, you’ll have to fillup a new form called “Detailed application form” to appear in UPSC Mains exam. With this form, you’ve to submit scanned copies of your graduation Certi / last year mark sheet.
- MBBS candidate must finish internship before interview phase.
|General / EWS Male and OBC male||Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains.|
|Female of any category||No fees|
|SC/ ST, PH||No fees|
Bolo, EWS not eligible for fee relaxation.
- Hall ticket will be available online, usually 3 weeks before prelim exam. They don’t send it through post anymore. You’ve to download and take printout.
- If problem, contact 01123381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID). you must preserve RID because you’ll have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or xyz reason) then when downloading hallticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.