- Prelims 2019 Notification out
- More vacancies than last year
- Interview Fail Candidates’ biodata to be shared with other recruiting agencies
- When can I expect Prelims & Mains Result?
- No change in Age-Attempt limit (despite all the protests)
- No change in structure of the exam
- No changes in Mains and interview syllabus or marks
- No change in the syllabus of the exam
- Can last semester student apply?
- How much fees do I need to pay?
- When will I get the hallticket/admit-card for prelims?
- Multiple applications by same candidate?
Prelims 2019 Notification out
- UPSC has released notification for civil services 2019 and forest service 2019 exam.
- Last date to apply is 18th March 2019, 6PM.
- Notification is uploaded here LINK
- Online application link is http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Apply at earlier because exam centers are first applying first allot basis.
- Prelim exam to be held on 2nd June 2019. (How many days left just watch the left hand corner green box of our website).
- Helpdesk numbers: No. 01123385271/011-23381125/011-23098543
More vacancies than last year
Data taken from the vacancies declared in the official notifications of UPSC
- Compared to last year, vacancies have increased. 896 this time.
- We can expect barely ~1075211648 candidates clearing prelims-2019, compared to 10468 candidates who cleared prelims2018.
- Similarly, ~2688 may be called for interviews against 1994 called for interviews of CSE2018.
Interview Fail Candidates’ biodata to be shared with other recruiting agencies
Just like last year, UPSC notification also mentions that those who fail in UPSC Interview… their details will be shared with other public and private recruiting agencies so that even those unemployed interview-failed candidates can find a suitable jobs. However, you can opt out of this data sharing ‘scheme’, if you’re not interested (or are worried about your ‘aadhar-privacy’). Read page no. 3 of the notification for more on this.
When can I expect Prelims & Mains Result?
- In CSE2018, UPSC declared prelim and mains results within 41 days and 74 days respectively after the exam. So, if UPSC continues to show the same level of efficiency for CSE2018 then:
- Prelim2019 result can be expected on 13th July 2018. [Afterwards, you’ll have to file a new detailed application formDAF, with documentary proofs. So last year / last-semester students eligible to apply, IF they think they can get provisional marksheet of graduation by ~July/Aug2019.]
- Mains2019 result can be expected after 3rd December 2019. [As per revised examcalendar, Mains starts from 20th September and runs for 5 days so it depends on which days they keep holiday.]
No change in Age-Attempt limit (despite all the protests)
- It is same as last year. Minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2019. i.e. i.e., he must have been born later than 1st August, 1998.
- Candidate already in IAS or Indian foreign service (IFS) not eligible to appear.
|General/EWS||32||6 [must not be born before 2nd August 1987]|
|SC/ST||32+5=37||till upper age|
|Physically disabled (Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic)||32+10=42||
|J&K domicile||32+5=37||depending on above categories (Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH)|
|Disabled serviceman discharged from duty||32+3=35||same as above|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty
* specific condition on page2 of notification
|32+5=37||same as above|
Above relaxation are cumulative e.g. OBC candidate from J&K = 32 + 3(OBC) + 5 (J&K) = 40 years up age limit.
What doesn’t count as an attempt?
- Ans. If you applied in previous exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- If you fail in prelims, attempt is counted.
No change in structure of the exam
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|general studies (GS)||aptitude / CSAT|
|Marks counted for selection in mains exam…yes||
|200 marks||200 marks|
|0.33% negative marking||0.33% negative marking|
|20 minutes for blind and locomotors disability||Same|
No changes in Mains and interview syllabus or marks
|English||300. Marks not counted in merit only 25% passing marks required.|
|Indian language paper (Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi etc. depending on your choice)||Same as above.|
|GS (mains) Paper1, 2, 3, 4||250 each x 4 papers = 1000 marks.|
|ONE Optional subject||500 marks.|
No change in the syllabus of the exam
- No change in structure or syllabus or number of optional in the exam.
- For civil services Click to see this PDF
- For forest services: click to see this PDF
Can last semester student apply?
- Minimum education standard is graduation.
- Candidates from last semester can apply. Once you clear prelims, you’ll have to fillup a new form called “Detailed application form” to appear in UPSC Mains exam. With this form, you’ve to submit scanned copies of your graduation Certi / last year mark sheet.
- MBBS candidate must finish internship before interview phase.
How much fees do I need to pay?
|General / EWS Male and OBC male||Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains.|
|Female of any category||No fees|
|SC/ ST, PH||No fees|
Bolo, EWS not eligible for fee relaxation.
When will I get the hallticket/admit-card for prelims?
- Hall ticket will be available online, usually 3 weeks before prelim exam. They don’t send it through post anymore. You’ve to download and take printout.
- If problem, contact 01123381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
Multiple applications by same candidate?
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID). you must preserve RID because you’ll have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or xyz reason) then when downloading hallticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.
Any news about quota for economically weaker FC?
candidates that come under EWS reservation will be given 10% .
Will that mean if i get sufficient marks to be in ews section and general category the result is best of the two or is that i will be considered only under ews category even if i get sufficient marks to qualify under general category??
I am appearing for the UPSC 2019 but no idea how to crack the Exam.
criteria for EWS???
Sir I am 2nd year b.sc. student , I know about books , your geography , economic , ethics , history , world history , culture video lectures and I have vision ias all classes video lectures and all type of study material for kick start preparation BUT THERE IS ONE THING I FEEL LOW ABOUT IS PROPER GUIDENCE CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE TIME TABLE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO I CAN START MY PREPARATION UNDER YOUR GUIDELINES THANKS FOR READING
REPLY IF INTERESTED OR REPLY IF NOT
Does EWS 10% quota will applicable?
“Prelim exam to be held on 3rd June 2018”
That’s a typo. It should be “2nd June, 2019”
We can expect barely ~1075211648 candidates clearing prelims-2019, compared to 10468 candidates who cleared prelims2018———
correct it sir
pls correct it
We can expect barely ~1075211648 candidates clearing prelims-2019, compared to 10468 candidates who cleared prelims2018
Sir pls clarify me that , now while filling the application , EWS certificate has to submit along with that or later we can submit it.
Sir is it beneficial to fill with EWS category? will the cutoff very high for the general category this time just because of the inclusion of EWS in the reservation criteria?
Thank you so much mrunal sir.. \,,/
Mrunal sir mera graduation ka result october me ayega kya mujhe pre dena chaiye
will the cutoff go down for EWS in mains?
Sir iam a deprance service holdar indrasting IPS officer sir help me sir
I have a query kindly reply
My caste certificate for OBC-Non Creamy layer is dated 14052015. Can I use this or I shall get a new certificate before applying.
My date of birth is 1.5.1984….am I eligible for 2019 prelims
what should I select for b pharmacy in graduation column of civil service examination application form 2019??
thank you sir
It’s great website
I applied through EWS category but there was no option to upload any EWS certficate . is it correct ?
Thank you sir
Is it mandatory to study Hindi subject in 10th standard for appearing in Hindi regional exam or a student with any other subject than Hindi can also attempt Hindi regional exam in mains examination
Sir , I want to know every notes in Hindi. Because I am a Hindi medium student. My optional subject is geography so plz help me.
I have filled the wrong community date what should I do??
Complete article on UPSC Prelims Notification 2019. Little late to see such an informative note. Thank you sir.
sir 896 me se IAS ki post kitani h ?
Hello Mrunal sir
I wanted to clarify from you that if i am not able to appear for upsc 2019 will my attempt be counted? I saw few news article saying that even if exam not been taken it will be considered as an attempt? Kindly clear me with this doubt and kindly let me know if it is possible for this year for withdrawal of application for upsc prelims