- How to approach IFoS-Mains-2015
- 2014 IFoS Mains GK Question paper:
|Each question worth 8 marks.||12.5 marks|
|40 marks each from History, polity, environment cum geography.||50 each from those section|
|Person in news question asked||Not asked.|
|Polity had mix of theory + current e.g. SC guidelines on acid attacks.||3 polity qs. from theory and 1 from current (min gov.max.gov)|
|unusual topics like TRP rating in India, breaking news, spot fixing||Not asked. This year pretty straight forward paper.|
|few questions from budget & economic survey||same|
- best buy free cialis from online drugstore History-Culture any one of the following combo
- Tamilnadu Class 11-12 history books +Spectrum
- Old NCERT + Spectrum
- General Studies Manual
- source site Geography / Environment:
- http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=dove-acquistare-vardenafil-generico-20-mg For Theory: (NIOS + NCERTs)
- cheap generic cialis pills For Current: newspapers.
- http://stepbirmingham.com/?search=levitra-canada-cheap Polity: M. Laxmikanth for theory + Hindu / Indian express for current affairs
- source Economy, Budget, Survey, Schemes: yours unfaithfully Mrunal.org/economy
- levitra plus pill price IR/Diplomacy:
- Science-Tech: Theory/contemporary: selected google e.g. Nanotech, cryo-tech + current from newspapers.
- PIN, Sports, books-awards: should be prepared from magazines & newspapers. Because trend in single exam =insufficient to presume that it won’t be asked in in 2015, given UPSC’s double-bluff back-breakingTM move shown in CSAT-2014.
- Self-Notes making and minimum 3 times revision is essential. Otherwise hard to recall points in the exam. Then even in easy questions like Champaran & Chola-art, you’ll end up writing average quality answers.
- Newspaper means Hindu / Indianexpress ONLY. Don’t need both. Any one would suffice for IfoS.
- Time Allowed: Three Hours (Maximum Marks : 300)
- Each question worth 12.5 marks.
- No alternate options given. All questions compulsory.
- Attempt of a part/question shall be counted in chronological order. Unless struck off, attempt of a part/question shall be counted even if attempted partly. Any page or portion of the page
- Left blank in the Question cum Answer Booklet must be clearly struck off.
- Answers must be written in ENGLISH only.
- How did Buddhism influence Asoka in decision making and governance?
- Discuss the efforts and strategy of Akbar towards social harmony.
- Describe the salient features of Chola art.
- Assess the importance of Champaran Satyagraha.
- Discuss the objectives of Prime Minister’s Jan-Dhan Yojana. What challenges do you foresee in its implementation? #Mrunal-Article
- What are the reasons for persistent high rate of food inflation in India? #Mrunal-Article
- Explain demographic dividend and its relevance to India. #Mrunal-Article
- Discuss the recommendations of Rangarajan Panel on the estimates of poverty in India. #Mrunal-Article
- What do you understand by Environmental Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment?
- Discuss the causes of the recent devastating floods in Jammu and Kashmir. How do they compare with those of Uttarakhand disaster last year?
- What do you understand by soil erosion Discuss its causes.
- What are wet-lands? Discuss their importance.
3 out 4 questions can be solved from Indian Policy by M.Laxmikanth
- How is the federal, structure of the Indian Constitution ensured?
- Explain the Right of Constitutional Remedies given in the Indian Constitution.
- How is a Money Bill different than a Financial Bill?
- What do you understand by `minimum government and maximum governance’?
- Comment on Israel-Palestinian conflict. #Mrunal-Article
- Write a note on Indo-Japanese collaboration. #Mrunal-Article
- Discuss the role of UNHRC in Indian perspective.
- What are the objectives of European Union?
- Comment on ‘Digital India Programme’. #Mrunal-Article
- How is Indian mission of Mars different than that of other countries in recent times? #Mrunal-Article
- What do you understand by Nano technology? How is it critical in context with food industry?
- How is Cryogenics different from Cryonics?