- L4/P4: PDMA, Curbing Black Money in Foreign & Desi Assets
- L4/P5: GAAR Delay, DTC dropped & BTT Forgotten
- L4/P6: 14th Finance Commission: Tax Devolution, 42% Share
- L4/P7: 14th Finance Commission: Grant in Aid for PRI & Disaster Management, pricing of public utilities
- The economic survey related articles will be published after I’m done reading and researching myself.
- In the meantime, here’s the recoding of my lecture series on budget and economic survey at SPIPA, Ahmedabad.
- Second Session 2:30 hours, I’ve split it into four parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
L4/P4: PDMA, Curbing Black Money in Foreign & Desi Assets
- What is financial repression?
- Why do we need public debt management authority / agency in India?
- Budget 2015 provisions regarding setting up a public debt management agency (PDMA) in India- to manage both internal and external debt.
- Fiscal deficit trend in recent years
- economic survey targets for debt to GDP ratio and debt to GDP ratio
- 3% fiscal deficit target: challenges in raising the income level of government, challenges in cutting down the expenditure.
- 3% fiscal deficit target: reforms already done, soon to be done.
- Bimal Jalan expenditure management committee’s interim recommendations to curb his deficit.
- 14th finance commission reforms on Government salary and account norms.
- Black Money: proposed reforms/bills in budget-2015 to curb black money held in foreign and domestic assets.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/gLmmzvMt6SE
L4/P5: GAAR Delay, DTC dropped & BTT Forgotten
- Recap of earlier lectures on Vodafone indirect transfer, transfer pricing cases and budget-2015 reforms to prevent the reputation of the same.
- What is GAAR, the new deadline to implement GAAR in India?
- Budget-2015: other measures for ease of doing business in India.
- Direct Tax code 2013, why has Jaitley dropped this idea?
- Banking Transaction Tax (BTT): salient features, benefits and drawbacks in implementing this tax in India.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/hLVIUU7FUX0
L4/P6: 14th Finance Commission: Tax Devolution, 42% Share
- 14th Finance commission: structure, membership, functions.
- Components of Total transfer to states- decided by finance commission and planning commission/finance ministry
- Which central taxes are shared with States? and which are not?
- Recommendations of Dr.Y.V.Reddy’s 14th finance commission for vertical devolution of Taxes from union to states.
- Horizontal division of taxes among the states using 5 factor formula: census 1971, census 2011, income distance, area and forest cover.
- Why is part time member Professor Abhijit Sen opposed to the idea of 42% devolution? Why has he recommended 32% devolution?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/JOyoKoUpmHM
L4/P7: 14th Finance Commission: Grant in Aid for PRI & Disaster Management, pricing of public utilities
- Financial constraints faced by Panchayati Raj institutions and urban local bodies in India.
- PRI-Grant-in-aid formula and quantum given by 14th finance commission.
- Other taxation and constitutional reforms suggested by 14 finance commission for augmenting the state Consolidated fund to help PRI bodies.
- Types of disaster funds provided under the National disaster Management act 2005.
- Suggested measures by 14th Finance commission to augment the national and state disaster response Funds. (NDRF and SDRF)
- Views of 14th finance commission on cooperative federalism and pricing of public utilities.
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/lOo7DQsALYc
Heo sir, will you be uploading the detailed text of these lectures? So that we can download pdfs.
thank you sir, for this nice lectures
Hi sir we cant give u any thing as return,but we can give u our success as ur guru dakshina,im trying for that Only.
good job jaya.keep your efforts alive,
Sir, Please write articles on Economic Survey and on budget asap,please.
mrunal sir please upload your lecture videos on video hosting sites as well so we can download them easily.
Download and install IDM. You can then directly download videos from youtube.
Thank you :)
hello sir.gud morning. i have selected for ibps specialist officer interview.but, i dont have the application which i applied for exam which is must for interview.so,can u suggests how can i get my applied application?
sir provide english version
Sir it ll b very useful if u can put english versions as well…..for d purpose of ur “southee” fans…,,
Mrunal Sir…..Best….such a selfless work which really laudale…
u can be the role model for all future bureaucrats….like me…Thank u so much….
Thank u! for uploading these helpful videos. Keep doing this good work.
A bunch of vacuous are following another vacuous who is simply wasting time of candidates by designing attractive tables and writing stuff that will be never useful in changed pattern.
Sir, u r GOD!!!!
Sir please clear my doubt
According to Industrial Policy Resolution 1956 (IPR 1956):
“Even an existing industry had to obtain a license for expanding output or for diversifying production (producing a new variety of goods).Govt meant to ensure that the quantity of goods produced was not more than what the Economy required . License to expand production was given only if the government was convinced that the economy required a larger quantity of goods.”
But my doubt is that why govt tried to regulate production of more goods
If industries produce more quantity of goods then it’ll contribute to GDP and also reduce inflation.
Surplus goods can be exported also.
thank u sir
Thanks you sir .. I have one questions.. I have fifth edition of Indian economy by Ramesh but recently 6th version has been released. Do I need to buy it?
Not needed. Only few datas are updated which can be easily seen on the web.
sir above topic is not up loded in powerpoints
Hello, Sir. Lakhs and Lakhs of youngsters are immensely benefited out of your lectures and study materials uploaded by you. Our best wishes and our parents blessings are always with you. Our friends from South are finding it difficult to follow your lectures in Hindi/Gujarathi. For them your study materials, in PDF form would be of great help. Hope you would appreciate brothern from South also and bring all your lectures in PDF form, which could be downloaded and used by them. With best wishes.
Sir im not able to find English text articles…..can u plzzzz tel me where can i read those articles in English….
sir wud you plzzzz provide text material of your lecture. it will bhi grt help for a student lyk me.
I misplaced my CGL-2014 roll no. , how can I check result?
Please advice , Is there any helpline number for SSC?
u can download again the admit card from ssc site using your registration no. and dob.
its awesome sir but need in english version
unable to download ppts for this part…plz help
Mrunal sir,i have one query ..for which one should go for insurance ao or bank po? In future im going to appear for CAT so which one will be better for growth and enhancing the cv and my knowledge .
i think u should go for po
it will benefit u in cat
btw it personal choice
but banking sector is growing sector u can learn many thing and
banking finance is related to MBA
Would it be possible to provide a JUMP TO PAGE NUMBER option on the home page. As of now we have to flip through the pages one by one if we want to go to some older post. It would make the site much more convenient to use.
text version was more handy & quick to make glimpse — revise—customised reading…..!!!!
vedio is like license raj’ing :D
text matter pls .
Guys, will there be any second form to be filled for SSC CGL 2014 Tier-2?
sir how and how much to be read from arc reports for public ad optional ….
no!just wait 4 ur admit card:)
sir please provide the videos in english