- These geography lectures are conducted by Ms. Rajtanil at Sardar Patel institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Ahmedabad.
- On 9th March, continuation of the Indian geography segment with two major topics- plateaus, rivers, so I’ve split it into two parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because faculties are required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English in the powerpoints.
G7/P3: Indian Geography-Peninsular Plateaus
- Recap of previous lecture on geological history of India
- Recap of previous lecture on Physiography of India- northern mountains and northern plains
- 8 division of Indian peninsular plateau:
- North-central highlands
- Aravalli range, Bundelkhand and South-central highlands
- Vindhyan range, Malawa plateau (Chambal Badlands) and Eastern plateau
- Chhota Nagpur plateau – Rajmahal hills, Garhjat hills and drainage
- Meghalaya plateau: Malda gap and rainfall
- Deccan traps and North Deccan
- Satpura range: Raj pipla, gawilgarh, Mahadeo and Maikal; betul and Amarakantak plateaus
- UPSC prelim 2007 question
- Maharastra plateau, South Deccan and Karnataka Plateau
- Dharwad region and Telangana plateau
- Western Ghats: Western Ghats: rainfall pattern, ecological importance, mountain ranges, Bauxite deposits
- Southern hills complex: gaps and hill station
- Importance of Peninsular plateau in India
- Indian coastal plains
- Divisions of coastal plains: western and eastern
- Western coastal plains: Gujarat and Kerala
- Eastern coastal plains: Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Tamilnadu
- UPSC prelim questions from these topics.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/9FAwSmkF5dQ
G7/P4: Rivers of India: Northern & Peninsular
- Division of Indian rivers: northern rivers and Peninsular rivers and their Sub-division
- Indus river system
- Tributaries of Indus: Tributaries of Indus: Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Beas, Satlej
- Ganga river system
- Origin of Ganga: prayags,
- Ganga river: left bank tributaries: Ramganga and Gomati, Ghaghara, Gandak, Kosi
- Ganga river: right bank tributaries: Yamuna and its trubtaries, Son and Hugli
- UPSC prelims 2010 question from this topic.
- Brahmaputra river: origin and tributaries.
- UPSC prelims 2014 question on Barak river
- Peninsular rivers: west flowing and east flowing rivers
- West flowing Peninsular rivers: Narmada, Tapi, Sabarmati and Mahi, Mandovi and Zuari, Kalinadi, Netravati, Sharavati , Periyar and Pamba
- East flowing Peninsular rivers: damodar, Subarnrekha, Baitrani, Brahmani, Mahanadi, Rushikulya, Godavri, Krishna, penner, Kaveri, Vaigai
- Olive ridely turtles and mouth of Rushikulya river
- River linking project: history, purpose, arguments in favor and challenges in implementation
- UPSC prelim questions from this Topic
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/8ua44Cv_i0g
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
i need help to buy books for 1.indian polity 2.indian economy 3.ancient history
plssssssssssssss help me…….
Thanx for this
I want to collect all slogans which is said by all economist , geologist and and so on where I can collect this have you any idea about it please suggest me
Please provide ur teachings in English sir so that even south Indian students can also get benefit from that, pls pls pls…….
mrunal , please resume your masterpiece of current affairs series .we are waiting .
how I will get classes in English?
Sir, if possible also provide some fodders related to environment.
Mam thank you so much for your lecture
may i know the geography syllabus that is being covered here by Rajtanil mam is for GS – 1 or geography optional subject or for both pls clarify
Sir how will I download videos lecture
Jusr try tube mate
im speechless … … even god cant help man for upsc aspirants … you people are much more than gods… thank you
Pls put slides here or notes as it were given in earlier time. uploading lecture on youtube is a superb idea but i am missing the old pdf files which i use to carry anywhere with me and can revise anytime.
Thanks in advance !
sir, refer some books for CDS examination.
Hello mam I’m an aspirant who is currently a teacher (coaching walla for IIT and medical ,teaching very satisfactorily 150 students in a batch:) )
Two things I’ve 2 say
1.Ur vedios are atleast BETTER THAN THE BEST
Frankly speaking I ever seen Lecturer like you..
I want become like you (having full command over subject).
Please provide lectures in English. Can’t understand Hindi properly, missing main concepts. It would be great if made in English. Thank you.
Words are’nt enough to thank Mrunal Sir for the Economy lect and Rajtanil Madam for the geog lectures.They are mind blowing!!! Developed a greater interest for studies after watching those
sir will you give lectures on history,polity and other subjects also ??
Sir. I want to know about ibps exam recurment please
hi friends what about ssc cgl 2015 ?
i have cleared cds 3 times
but lacked always in ssb
tell me if anyone is having so called tips
Sir.. … I am a teacher posted in a village where no fundamental facilities are available…… Sir is it possible for me to see the dream of being the civil servant…. I am helped by ur website….. Hats off
Is it possible to present the lectures in English.
please upload geography lectures in english
In the lecture mam said western ghats are higher in northern portion but Geography NCERTClass 11 specifically mentions their height increases from north to south(Pg-16). Kindly tell me who is right?
thank…thank…thank…so much mam
sir , thank you . if you could please provide ppt for this lecture , i could nt find ppt for this lecture
Der is little correction regarding the origin of river. In video G7/p4 it is said that river Godavari originates at mahableshwar and kaveri at Nashik. But Godavari originates at trambakeshwar near sashik. River Krishna originates at mahabaleshawar. Kaveri doesn’t orginates in Maharashtra. Thank you.
sir,geography related exam meterial in hindi language . because i am hindi mediam student .plese help me. thanks.
Hello sir, plz give me solution i am not understand geography, i faced the number of problem because number of years i am not study geography plz help me
Excellent content and explaining skill in the videos, these are very helpful and lectures are in sysmatic manner that it covers whole syllabus, but there is one issue the quality of videos are not good the maps which is explained in the video are not clear, although the PPT is available for the download but if we get understand in the video then it is more convenient and we won’t have to look in the PPT that what has been explained in the video,
So my request is to you that please improve quality of videos,
But again I want to tell you that it is a great work which you r doing