- UPSC 2015 application
- Age & Attempt limit for UPSC
- Education requirement
- Physical Standard: Eye, Height, Chest from gazette
- Which jobs reserved for PH?
- Multiple applications by same candidate?
- Prelim Papers / CSAT
- How to prepare for UPSC Prelims?
- Mains exam structure
- Syllabus of mains exam?
- Syllabus of optional subject
- OBC alert
- Download Hallticket?
UPSC Notification 2015 is out
- online application link: upsconline.nic.in
- Read the notification carefully before applying.
- Last date to pay fees: 18th June 2015.
- Last date to apply: 19th June 2015. Till 23:59 hours.
- Prelim Exam date: 23rd August 2015 (Sunday)
- Total vacancies: 1129. within that, 29 for physically disabled
Age & Attempt limit for UPSC
- Minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2015.
- Candidate who gave Prelims-2011, is eligible for one more attempt, even if he has crossed the age / attempt limit in following table. Ref: rule 3(ii)C on page 2 of notification
- Candidate already selected in IAS or Indian foreign service (IFS)- not eligible to appear.
|SC/ST||32+5=37||till upper age|
(Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic)
|J&K domicile||32+5=37||depending on above categories
viz.Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH
|Disabled serviceman discharged from duty||32+3=35||same as above|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty* specific condition on page2 of notification||32+5=37||same as above|
Above relaxation are cumulative e.g. OBC candidate from J&K = 32 + 3(OBC) + 5 (J&K) = 40 years up age limit.
What doesn’t count as an attempt?
Ans. If you applied in previous exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- Bachelor’s degree from a university setup under union or state act or ‘deemed university’ under Union Government C.
- Candidates from last semester can apply, provided that they can show proof passing examination in October /November 2015. Because at that time, they’ll be required to fill up a new form for Mains exam (known as DAF form i.e. detailed application form).
- MBBS candidate must finish internship before interview phase.
Physical Standard: Eye, Height, Chest from gazette
This pdf file (click me) has all the answers about eyesight, height, chest, color blindness, lasik surgery etc.
Which jobs reserved for PH?
- 13 for Locomotor + 5 for blind + 11 for hearing impairment = total 29 jobs reserved.
- The ‘physical requirement’ for particular service, are mentioned in first table of the notification. from there you can find out whether your given disability is eligible for IAS / IFS or not?
Multiple applications by same candidate?
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID). you must preserve RID because you’ll have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or xyz reason) then when downloading hallticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.
Prelim Papers / CSAT
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|general studies (GS)||aptitude / CSAT|
|Marks counted for selection in mains exam…yes||You need to get only 33% passing marks. i.e. 200 x 0.33 = 66 passing marks required to clear prelims.|
|200 marks||200 marks|
|0.33% negative marking||0.33% negative marking|
|20 minutes for blind and locomotors disability||same|
How to prepare for UPSC Prelims?
Mains exam structure
|English Compulsory Paper||300. Marks not counted in merit only 25% passing marks required.|
|Indian language paper (Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi etc. depending on your choice)||Same as above.|
|GS (mains) Paper1, 2, 3, 4||250 each x 4 papers = 1000 marks.|
|ONE Optional subject||500 marks.|
Syllabus of mains exam?
Refer to page 6 of notification
Syllabus of optional subject
Refer to page 7 onwards of notification
To claim OBC reservation benefit in UPSC, you need TWO certificates:
- OBC caste certificate
- Non-creamy layer certificate.
- Non creamy layer status depends on your parents’ income and property.
- It doesn’t depend on your income/property
- It doesn’t depend on your husband/wife’s income/property.
- If your mom/dad is government employee then INCOME criteria doesn’t apply. (e.g. if dad is class3 employee, then it doesn’t matter whether he gets 6 lakhs or 7 lakhs. You’re still non-cream layer. For more, read this PDF file click me)
|General Male and OBC male||Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains.|
|Female of any category||No fees|
|SC/ ST, PH||no fees|
- Hall ticket will be available online, 3 weeks before prelim exam. exam on 23rd August
- If problem, contact 011-23381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.
For choosing literature as optional subject for Main Examination,Is it compulsary to be a graduate with that particular language paper?
Sir i’m doing b.com final year. I cna give exam……
My dob is 01. 01.96
i have done bsc comp sci with mathematics for first two years and statistics for first year am i eligible for ifs exam
friends, i’m in trouble! yesterday i came 2know dat OBC NCL shd b in upsc formet. I had certificate issued by karnataka state govt for pcs exam & same date i mentioned in d UPSC form. I cant get central ncl in one day. will my candidature rejected? state obc ncl ok for upsc? anyone clear my doubt. please..
i hv same problem…..
@Mrunal: plz help us…..
Sir I am graduate In Bachelor of computer application. Now which subject may i choose in upsc application form. because it is not showing computer science in it’s subject list. please sir help me.
My DOB is 23.3.1980. I belong to OBC category. I have given 8 attempts in 2005, 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2014(additional attempt). As on August 1, 2015 i am 35 years old, hence not eligible to apply. Am i eligible to apply under the category one more attempt for those who gave 2011 attempt? But 2011 was not my last attempt as i had appeared for 2012 attempt as well.
Dear Mrunal Sir,
Please Clear CSAT 33% confusion, as what should be the qualifying marks for mains, whether marks of paper II included in prelims cut off or only paper I cutoff decide the eligibility for mains.
With regard to the following query i called up UPSC yesterday. They stated that those who had applied for 2011 exam and if 2011 exam was their last attempt are only eligible to apply (i.e., they should not have given an attempt in 2012)…
But in the earlier comments given in this forum wasn’t it mentioned that if attempted in 2011 they get additional attempt….
confused… can someone clearly clarify
“My DOB is 23.3.1980. I belong to OBC category. I have given 8 attempts in 2005, 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2014(additional attempt). As on August 1, 2015 i am 35 years old, hence not eligible to apply. Am i eligible to apply under the category one more attempt for those who gave 2011 attempt? But 2011 was not my last attempt as i had appeared for 2012 attempt as well.”
Epfo asst commisioner notification out ..total post 170…last date 9 july
list of books
If the OBC certificate is in state language (in my case Kannada Language) is ok ot it should be in English /Hindi. Kindly reply.
Approach a notary piblic and get it translated to English… Ensure to have both at the time of verification…
i appeared in CSP 2009, 2011 & 2012. My age is 28 & still have 3 attempts left. Will I get an extra attempt in CSP 2015 or will it be deducted from the remaining 3 attempts?
Which book is studied for general science
any changes in age limit for next year i.e 2016 i want give my attempt nextyear, i belong to OBC and my age is 33. plz help me
i Have 2 questions:
1.How will the cutoff for prelims will be calculated? Will they consider the second paper marks as minimum we should score 70 in paper 2 and rest in paper 1?
2. How will be the answer script in mains? Like question will be printed with space for answer below it or separate question paper and answer booklet?
What is the percentage of physically handicapped of eyes
Is there any relaxation in CSAT (GS paer -II) 2015 for reservation candidates from minimum qualifying (33%) marks?
my dob is 19/01/1984 as general candidates will i able to attempt prelims ias in the year 2016
I am preparing for 2016 csat…. it will be my 1st attempt… please suggest me some books….
right now I m in 2nd year. will I be able to attempt this exam after my graduation? What will be the first step that I must take? please suggest me .
First of all of u will have to complet ncert
After some references books are available on mrunal
One year essential study is more then enough. ….All d best
Just like a jock 66 max in gs for future buerocrate. ..