- UPSC 2015 application
- Age & Attempt limit for UPSC
- Education requirement
- Physical Standard: Eye, Height, Chest from gazette
- Which jobs reserved for PH?
- Multiple applications by same candidate?
- Prelim Papers / CSAT
- How to prepare for UPSC Prelims?
- Mains exam structure
- Syllabus of mains exam?
- Syllabus of optional subject
- OBC alert
- Download Hallticket?
- online application link: upsconline.nic.in
- Read the notification carefully before applying.
- Last date to pay fees: 18th June 2015.
- Last date to apply: 19th June 2015. Till 23:59 hours.
- Prelim Exam date: 23rd August 2015 (Sunday)
- Total vacancies: 1129. within that, 29 for physically disabled
- Minimum age is 21 years.
- Age is counted on 1st August of 2015.
- Candidate who gave Prelims-2011, is eligible for one more attempt, even if he has crossed the age / attempt limit in following table. Ref: rule 3(ii)C on page 2 of notification
- Candidate already selected in IAS or Indian foreign service (IFS)- not eligible to appear.
|SC/ST||32+5=37||till upper age|
(Blind, Deaf-mute, Orthopedic)
|J&K domicile||32+5=37||depending on above categories
viz.Gen, OBC, SC/ST, PH
|Disabled serviceman discharged from duty||32+3=35||same as above|
|Ex-serviceman with five years duty* specific condition on page2 of notification||32+5=37||same as above|
Above relaxation are cumulative e.g. OBC candidate from J&K = 32 + 3(OBC) + 5 (J&K) = 40 years up age limit.
What doesn’t count as an attempt?
Ans. If you applied in previous exam, but remain absent in BOTH prelim papers, then your attempt is not counted.
- Bachelor’s degree from a university setup under union or state act or ‘deemed university’ under Union Government C.
- Candidates from last semester can apply, provided that they can show proof passing examination in October /November 2015. Because at that time, they’ll be required to fill up a new form for Mains exam (known as DAF form i.e. detailed application form).
- MBBS candidate must finish internship before interview phase.
This pdf file (click me) has all the answers about eyesight, height, chest, color blindness, lasik surgery etc.
- 13 for Locomotor + 5 for blind + 11 for hearing impairment = total 29 jobs reserved.
- The ‘physical requirement’ for particular service, are mentioned in first table of the notification. from there you can find out whether your given disability is eligible for IAS / IFS or not?
- Every time you apply, you get new registration ID (RID). you must preserve RID because you’ll have to quote it again in the Mains application form i.e. DAF form.
- If you applied multiple times (because of computer glitch, fee problem or xyz reason) then when downloading hallticket, you should use higher RID. Because higher RID corresponds to your latest application.
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|general studies (GS)||aptitude / CSAT|
|Marks counted for selection in mains exam…yes||You need to get only 33% passing marks. i.e. 200 x 0.33 = 66 passing marks required to clear prelims.|
|200 marks||200 marks|
|0.33% negative marking||0.33% negative marking|
|20 minutes for blind and locomotors disability||same|
|English Compulsory Paper||300. Marks not counted in merit only 25% passing marks required.|
|Indian language paper (Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi etc. depending on your choice)||Same as above.|
|GS (mains) Paper1, 2, 3, 4||250 each x 4 papers = 1000 marks.|
|ONE Optional subject||500 marks.|
Refer to page 6 of notification
Refer to page 7 onwards of notification
To claim OBC reservation benefit in UPSC, you need TWO certificates:
- OBC caste certificate
- Non-creamy layer certificate.
- Non creamy layer status depends on your parents’ income and property.
- It doesn’t depend on your income/property
- It doesn’t depend on your husband/wife’s income/property.
- If your mom/dad is government employee then INCOME criteria doesn’t apply. (e.g. if dad is class3 employee, then it doesn’t matter whether he gets 6 lakhs or 7 lakhs. You’re still non-cream layer. For more, read this PDF file click me)
|General Male and OBC male||Rs.100 for Prelims, Rs. 200 for Mains.|
|Female of any category||No fees|
|SC/ ST, PH||no fees|
- Hall ticket will be available online, 3 weeks before prelim exam. exam on 23rd August
- If problem, contact 011-23381125/011-23385271/011-23098543.