- L8/P4: IPCC-5th Assessment Report, UNFCCC, Rio Earth Summit
- L8/P5: Kyoto to Lima to Paris Post-2020 Climate framework
- L8/P6: Climate Finance mechanisms: National and International level
- On 5th May 2015, my session on environment part-1: National Environment issues-green law panel recommendations. As such environment not my subject but since Economy survey both volumes have chapters on it, I’m covering it.
- Total about 1:15 hours, split into 5 parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at mediafire.com/folder/2bb433i58hp2v/General_Studies_Mrunal
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
L8/P4: IPCC-5th Assessment Report, UNFCCC, Rio Earth Summit
- recap of the previous lecture
- 1992: Earth summit at Rio, Brazil and its 3 important outcomes- biodiversity, climate change and sustainable Development.
- Difference between IPCC and UINFCCC
- IPCC 5th assessment report: major points.
- Ecological overshoot and earth hour.
- Impact of rise in anthropogenic greenhouses gases on food security and economic Development.
- Ascending descending order of greenhouse gas emission – sourcewise and countrywise.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/YgA2IdQQyv8
L8/P5: Kyoto to Lima to Paris Post-2020 Climate framework
- Kyoto Summit 1997 and its four important annexes
- Greenhouse gas: theory / chemistry points on Nitrous oxide, laughing gas, SF6, PFCs and HCFs.
- Montreal protocol 1989 on Ozone depletion.
- Roadmap for climate change: Kyoto to Qatar to Paris 2015.
- Millennium Development goals.
- Lima Summit 2014: major outcomes and criticisms
- India’s official stand on climate change: (1) CBDR (2) Funding (3) technological transfer
- What’s the difference between adaptation and mitigation?
- Discussion on mock question for mains: “India’s stand on Post-2020 climate change framework, is guided by its peculiar socio-economic and demographic profile.” Elaborate.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/PNJpnVGoB-8
L8/P6: Climate Finance mechanisms: National and International level
- international climate finance: Kyoto- Clean Development mechanism (CDM) and carbon trading, survey points
- Global environment facility at Washington vs. Green climate fund at Songdo, South Korea- what’s the difference?
- budget – taxation provisions for combating climate change
- case for increasing coal cess further
- national action plan on climate change (NAPCC): its sub-missions
- Performance-Achieve-Trade (PAT) mechanism
- Jawaharlal Nehru national solar mission (JNNSM)- salient features and two controversies –about WTO non-tariff barrier and 2:1 Bundling plan.
- national adaptation fund, national reconstruction fund, compensatory afforestation fund
- Priority sector lending norms- inclusion on renewable energy projects.
- End of climate and infrastructure pillar.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/fZ7Xz2Ke-KM
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
sir till when we can expect ppts of remaining environment lectures
sir, are these current affairs enough for rbi assistant exam?
I am preparing for up psc but not much available study material in the MKT…..
And also sylllabous is not clearly given ,.
Can u plz direct me for the preparation……
sorry for being out of context, but can some one please explain pre-issue and post issue capital?
Sir.. I’m from tamilnadu.. please upload the videos in english also sir as we are not versed with hindi.. this is our kind query to you.. if it happens, it would be a great help to us.. thank you sir..
Sir one request to you.. Please can you start history and polity lectures.. No matter how long it takes wheather it will be completed before prelims or not.. But ur and ur team is doing great job and it is very useful to me..
Sir,some slides are blank and in some content is missing
Assistant commissioner provident fund forum link is not working,, please sort it out,,
Hi Sir i have been following from quite some time…and im from Andhra Pradesh…i have heard some excellent reviews for your Economy and Geography videos…i hav also witnessed my friends who watched your videos are having a pretty clear view about the concept.
But my problem is im not that good with hindi…i can understand few but i cannot concentrate perfectly i tried listening but i couldnt it cleared. will you be uploading any videos in english sir????
Sir, right now i m taking civil coaching and i jst want to crack civils for first time but i dont no that how to expect questions in prelims,so plz sir can u give me some tips,how to start my preparations.so please give me your suggestions sir
Dear Mrunal sir,
I am eagerly waiting for your update on PIN, DIN etc for the month of May and June. By when you going to upload it??
Sir, please give current affair notes
Please, anybody, tell me from where to download 2016 world history PPT by Pratik sir. Thank you.
Sir, I’m from science stream. please tell me how to prepare polity for optional. thank you