- L7/P4: Rural infrastructure: roads & electrification
- L7/P5: Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM), Indira Awas, GRAM, BRGF, RGPSA
- L7/P6: RURBAN Mission & Sansad Adarsh Gram
- L7/P7: Urban: Housing & legal reforms
- L7/P8: Smart: Cities, Prasad, Hriday
- On 29th May 2015, I started the session on Urban and Rural infrastructure from Budget-2015 & Economic Survey.
- Total 2:30 hours, split into 5 parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at mediafire.com/folder/2bb433i58hp2v/General_Studies_Mrunal
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
L7/P4: Rural infrastructure: roads & electrification
- recap of the previous lecture
- Self-study topics from India yearbook 2015 chapter 24. on urban and rural development
- Rural India: census -related GK
- rural electrification: Rajiv Gandhi gramin vidhyutikaran Yojana and Din Dayal Gram Jyoti Yojana: nodal ministry, salient feature, cost:sharing
- rural roads: Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- Rural drinking water and irrigation water schemes in Budget 2015
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/kxoui25_kj4
L7/P5: Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM), Indira Awas, GRAM, BRGF, RGPSA
- Chronology of sanitation –related schemes since the 80s.
- Clean India Mission: targets and deadline
- One Purpose but to implementing ministries: Swachh Bharat Mission, Din Dayal Antyodaya Yojana, Prasad-Hriday
- organisational structure at national, state, district, PRI and ULB level that will implement SBM or Clean India mission
- Swachhta Doot: foot soldiers to generate IEC- information, education and communication.
- Provision for public and private funding in clean India mission
- Rural toilets: separate toilets at schools, individual household toilets (Rs.12,000), community sanitary complexes (Rs.2 lakh)
- Urban toilets: individual household toilets (Rs.4000), community toilets, public toilets and temporary toilets.
- Provisions for municipal waste Management, transport, storage, recycling and treatment.
- Rural housing: Indira Awas Yojana and the proposed GRAM (National Graming Awas mission)
- Macro Rural Development: backward region grant fund (BRGF) and Rajiv Gandhi Panchayat Shashktikaran Yojana (RGPSA) – implementing Ministry, funding pattern, removal under Modi-raj.
- Mock Questions for UPSC Prelims
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/QZgeiaJOLj4
L7/P6: RURBAN Mission & Sansad Adarsh Gram
- Sansad Adarsh gram Yojana: criteria for village selection, separate provisions for elected MPs and nominated MPs.
- Why this scheme has no monetary allotment?
- How will it improve Public participation and value system?
- Mock question for Mains: Socio-economic transformation of Rural India can’t be achieved without inculcating the sense of pride & volunteerism among its citizens. Discuss the importance of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana in this regard.
- UPA’s PURA: providing urban amnesties in rural areas
- Modi’s Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission (SPMRM): implementing Ministry, funding pattern, salient features
- Gujarat’s Rurban centre-cluster Development model and the process of Rurbanization.
- Mock question for Mains: Discuss in brief, the importance of Rurban mission for bringing down the divide between India vs Bharat OR promoting reverse migration (GS1)
- Historic Figures: Pt. Madan Mohan Malviya, Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukhrjee and Pt. Din Dayal Upadhyaya- their contribution in building modern India.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/s_tcYDel3mk
L7/P7: Urban: Housing & legal reforms
- difference between statutory town and census town
- census definition of a city
- National Housing bank (NHB)’s RESIDEX index
- Rajiv Awas Yojana, Rajiv Rinn detergent Yojana, Sardar patel urban housing mission: implementing Ministry and salient provisions of.
- Legal reforms for urban housing: Draft Tenancy Act 2015, Real estate Development bill 2015
- urban infrastructure development: Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)- implementing Ministry, salient features of
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/mQ-ob-y65NA
L7/P8: Smart: Cities, Prasad, Hriday
- Mains GS1: urbanization, their problems and their remedies- an overview
- Definition of smart cities.
- Why do we need smart cities? some real examples.
- Benchmark and pillars of Smart cities- smart electricity, water and sanitation, public transport, housing infrastructure, education infrastructure, healthcare, connectivity and economic infrastructure- benchmarks for each
- Three documents required for applying as smart city, process of shortlisting and selection by states and union government.
- Funding mechanism for Smart city: budget allotment, user fees, FDI, REITs, InvITs mechanism and SEBI norms
- Criticism against Smart city project: (1) ghost towns of China (2) Activist Opposition (3) Sociologist Opposition
- Prasad: Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spirituality Augmentation Drive by tourism Ministry – salient features of
- Hriday: Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana- salient features of.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/DUmkvjatdbw
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
Sir please conduct classes in English as it will benefit more candidates especially we south Indians.
Pls send me all ppt at my maik address.economy and geography.whatever u have.
Sir pls provide the notes as it was earlier…..video is great but notes were better than this as it gave a good source for revision and no need to make own notes.
If possible pls provide both.
Mrunal bhaiyya …..thanku ..!
ASSISTANT IN MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS……
wat i get 2 knw thru reviews of some guys z dat This is the worst post in SSC CGL. Forget about New York, London. You will never get posted there even if you get the highest marks in the category. You will get posted in the Middle East. Your entire life will be ruined. My sister’s marriage fell apart because she got this post. Now she is suffering from PTSD because she spent days after days in fear of terror attacks when she was posted in Kabul. Unfortunately, there are some websites(like this: Details and Description about SSC CGL Posts) which are misguiding aspirants and wrongly advertising this post as a glamorous post…………..
sir is this true????
actually m getting assistant in mea post…n nw m anxious fr my upcoming career…. plz clearify this
sir i have doubt about upsc prelim form
I am in OBC category
presently i haven’t obc non creamlayer
so can i put random date of before 19 june
and after getting non creamlayer can i edit that date at a time of mains form
I guess date is of community certificate and not of non creamy layer certificate.
I guess the date is of community certificate and not of non creamy layer certificate. (posting again, comment being moderated!!!)
Can anybody provide me reference to previous year question papers of management optional of up pcs mains ? Please
Have u cleared uppsc pre exam?? Please give some tips how to prepapre fo r pre& mains for next year attempt
yes sakshi. i am preparing for upsc so did not prepare anything specific for up pcs pre and just managed to cross the cut-off means not a good score so really can not guide you for how to prepare specifically for up pcs pre. and i have not prepared anything specifically for its mains as well. with only few days left, i will concentrate on important parts of gs and previous year papers.
anybody plz send me ppt of economy all lectures to my email id email@example.com I am unable to download plz send me !
mrunal sir, mediafire is showing folder empty. plz fix the problem.
it is not my place to suggest you that what to do or not but i have a humble request please provide PDF along-with your presentation as you done previously. it is more convenient to understand . Please sir i am begging you
sir please post the videos in english………..
Sir plz ye batayiye ki kya cs interview me english me interview dena compulsory hai…kya interview language chose karne ka option diya jata h.
Sir Pls./anyone pls. tell me cutoff of female general in uppcs prelims 2015 I scored 266 as per career launcher answer key but not qualified…..highly frustrated
Sir how to prepare economics for ssc cgl??
Which books will be hwlpfull. Its my very week point in gs.
Look up upsc.nic.in innprevious year papers section
If I filled csat exam for and unfortunately I do not appear in any part of exam then will it be counted as my first attempt or not , please clarify
Sir i agree with this opinion as I cannot afford this method due to excess data usage plus it was better with the notes method.
Please do consider this humble request
sir ur work is awesome.I am from karnatka I am finding it very difficult to understand those hindi lectures even then I am following those leacture.if u can provide us english version of those leacture it could have helped lot more….pls consider us also in this upsc battle…thank u.
Thanks a lot Mrunal Sir.
Mediafire downloading problem solved.
i whole heartedly thanking you for providing us videos on geography and economics. highly appreciated
thanks a ton sir.
Pls send me all ppt at my maik address.economy and geography.whatever u have.pls
Sir Links in the ppt are not working please check it or else plz provide links of all in a separate ppt
Can anybody mail me the PPTs for this set of lectures at firstname.lastname@example.org ?
I am not being able to find them on the mediafire link mentioned here.
It will be really helpful!
Thanks in advance! :)
Mrunal: “English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.”
Where is the English-text articles content?
Sir,m new here..N want to give a try for this comng prelims..I have little bit idea..bt on seeing all d stuffs in ur site,m Damn confuse. .like how toh study n from where to start. .especially eco (current)
Kindly guide me on dis..I ll b thankful to u :)
If a person’s place of birth is MP, residence Andhra(since 15 years) and studied in karnataka (15 years), then while considering cadre preference which to consider as homecadre of that particular person?
sir, please update ppt of this set. this is not available in the economy section at mediafire. pls update all these. thanks
Respected sir please upload heritage site related pdf which you have talked about in L7_P8..