- G10/P8: World Geography- New Zealand
- G10/P9: World Geography: Europe
- G10/P10: World Geography- North America (USA,Canada)
- G10/P11: World Geography- South America
- On 12th June 2015, Ms.RAjtanil finished her geography course with last part i.e. World geography- New Zealand, Europe, North America and South America
- 2:30 hours session, split in four parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at mediafire.com/folder/2bb433i58hp2v/General_Studies_Mrunal
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because faculties are required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English in the powerpoints.
- This concludes her Geography lecture series before UPSC prelims.
G10/P8: World Geography- New Zealand- physiography, climate, economy
- Physical geography of New Zealand
- Lake Taupo
- Formation of caldera lakes
- Climate of New Zealand
- Important region of New Zealand
- Taranki plain of NZ
- Canterbury plain of NZ
- Important cities of NZ and their facts
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/BYpJRUXvzMU
G10/P9: World Geography: Europe – physiography, Drainage, Climate, Resource distribution
- Physical geography of Europe
- Water bodies around Europe
- Mediterranean sea- Islands and water bodies
- Black sea- water bodies
- Rivers of Europe 3 divisions: (1) those flowing to Mediterranean sea (2) to Atlantic ocean (3) to Black sea
- Rivers of Iberian peninsula, France
- Important river – Danube, Po, Rhine- and Ruhr coal region
- Cities of Europe on rivers
- Climate of Europe
- Effects of North Atlantic drift current on climate of Europe
- Agriculture on Europe: Viticulture, Dairy farming, milk-quota and its impact on India dairy industry.
- Coal resources of Europe: Germany, France, UK
- Petroleum reserve, Brent Crude oil in Europe
- Diamond trading in Belgium
- Benelux countries
- Northern Europe: Scandinavian countries, Nordic countries
- Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Finland and their features
- important Manufacturing and industrial centres of Europe, Germany and UK
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Z8Xivh85z6I
G10/P10: World Geography- North America (USA,Canada): Physiography, Climate, Economy, resources
- Physical geography of North America
- USA: Physical geography
- Alaska and Hawaii
- Mountains of USA: Appalachians, Western mountains and their resources
- Western cordillera and its Geology
- O-C plate collision of ancient time
- O-C plate transverse boundary
- O-C plate collision of recent time
- Hot spot volcanism
- Rivers of USA:
- Columbia – snake river, Colorado river,
- Mississippi- Missouri river, Hudson river
- New York: New Jersey and Hudson river
- Great lakes of USA- their importance in Economy
- Deserts of USA
- Political map of USA
- Climatic regions of USA: Mediterranean climate, British climate, Prairie climate, Gulf type climate, Laurentian type climate
- Agriculture belts in USA: Corn belt, Animal rearing, Cotton belt, Wheat belt
- Mineral resources distribution in USA: Iron Ore, Copper from Gulf of Mexico to Alaska
- Energy resources distribution in USA: Uranium, Petroleum, Shale gas,
- USA petroleum production: effects to India
- Industrial regions of USA: North-west region, California, South east region, North east region, Great lakes region
- Canada: Political map
- Physiography: Canadian shield, Laurentian plateau
- Rivers and Lakes of Canada
- Climatic regions of Canada
- Agriculture in Canada
- Lumbering in Canada and Types of wood
- Mineral wealth of Canada: Uranium reserve, Nickel reserve and Shale gas
- Industrial centres of Canada and Great lakes region
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/E1h7LSExvak
G10/P11: World Geography- South America-Physiography, Climate, Economy, resources
- Political map of South America and Map related questions
- Physical geography of South America: Northern cordillera, Bolivian plateau,
- Highlands of north
- Vegetation types of north: Llanos and selvas
- Sertao, Catinga and campos
- Parana region
- Gran Chaco and Entre Rios
- Pampas and Patagonia
- Rivers of North America: Amazon river, Parana river, Uruguay river
- Climatic regions of South America
- Agriculture regions of South America: equatorial crops, tropical crops,pampas, Mediterranean, Livestock rearing
- Petroleum and Copper reserve in South America
- Industrial centres of South America
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/f6vIG-S4XjU
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
Congratulations Ms Solanki !!!
You have been an excellent teacher and guide for lakhs of civil services aspirants throughout the length and breadth of India. You have full command over the subject. Your work has been selfless and persistent. The success you have earned is the reward of your hard work and selfless service to others. A truly deserving candidate. You will prove to be be a very good civil servant in any service you get into. Wish you success in all your future endeavours. You are a youth icon.
Not to forget the name of Mr Mrunal who has been working incessantly and helping in preparation of the civil services aspirants.
Congratulations to the team of Mrunal and Organization.
Wish you all happiness and great time ahead. Wish you success in your respective fields.
Please tell me geography books for Upsc option al subject… Am not much aware of it. Plzzzz
Congratulations mam.. its awesome to see ur name in the list.
congratulations mam.lot of people study hard for civil services but few take pain for guiding n helping other fellow aspirants.you helped others selflessly n God blessed u with success.wish u a very bright career.
Congratulations mam….. Very happy on your grand success…..
Don’t know why my message does not appear above. But heartiest congratulations to you again. Thank you for all the online help. Wiah you all the success…
Mam & Sir, if possible, kindly cover the lectures for Geography optionals too, only for the remaining topics left out of mains lectures. Its a humble request, it will be highly beneficial for us. Thank you..
Is these lecture are for GS-mains or Mains-optional?
please tell me who to download the power point of lecture and make print out of the lecture ,but in power point it is too lengthy martial like one lecture 120 pages ,,,,please suggest any one how to make lectures in pdf or any other format which will be easy to study and also not time consuming…..all comments welcome ,,,,,,9466587924 also any one have suggestions please give me a ring ……it will be very helpful for me …….
Does the standard meridian of india now pass through telangana also ?..
Congrats to Ms Rajtanil.. for her name in the final list of CSE 2014.
Please stop useless video lectures..everybody does not have the access to high internet speed..your earlier system was good..
why most of continets are in northen hemisphere
Because pangia, the great continent was situated more in northern hemisphere. So when it broke much land was come in northern part of earth and there was less in South.