- L2/P10: Social Security, ESCI, EPFO, NPS and Atal Pension scheme
- L2/P11: Insurance- History and nationalization in India
- L2/P12: Insurance Evolution and Nationalization in India
- L2/P13: IRDAI: structure function and reforms under Insurance amendment 2015
- L2/P14: MicroInsurance, PM Jeevan Jyoti & Suraksha Bima Yojana
- On 26th June 2015, my session on Insurance sector & 2015’s Amendment
- Total about 2:30 hours, split into 5 parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at mediafire.com/folder/2bb433i58hp2v/General_Studies_Mrunal
- in above link go to L2-Banking-Finance folder
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
L2/P10: Social Security, ESCI, EPFO, NPS and Atal Pension scheme
- Social Security: meaning and importance
- history of Social Security legislation in Britain and India – the role of Sir William Beveridge and Prof. B.P.Adarkar.
- Employees State Insurance Corporation and its schemes.
- Employee Provident fund Organisation (EPFO) and its 3 schemes and tripartite centre board of trustees.
- Universal account number (UAN), labour identification number (LIN) and Shram Suvidha Portal.
- New pension scheme (NPS) of PFRDA: Timeline and salient features.
- Atal pension Yojana: salient features and benefits.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/clxrjaSAiqU
L2/P11: Insurance- History and nationalization in India
- What is insurance? How is it different from other financial intermediaries such as banks and mutual funds?
- What is the importance of insurance in an economy?
- Principles of insurance: Uberrima fides, Indemnity, Subrogation, Causa proxima and Insurable interest
- Life insurance types: endowment, whole life, term insurance, unit linked insurance policy (ULIP)
- Challenges faced by life insurance industry.
- Non-life insurance types: marine, rural, health insurance, fire insurance and 3rd party motor insurance.
- Challenges faced by general insurance industry
- Definition of insurance penetration and insurance density.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/I-H2eU4sOtw
L2/P12: Insurance Evolution and Nationalization in India
- Evolution of insurance business in world.
- Evolution of insurance business in India since ancient times.
- Insurance industry in British India and its challenges.
- Nationalisation of life insurance industry in 1956- LIC Corporation.
- Nationalisation of general insurance industry in 1972: GIC
- public sector insurers general insurers in India: National insurance, new India assurance, United India, Oriental insurance and Malhotra Committee reforms.
- Export credit and guarantee Corporation of India.
- Agriculture insurance Co Ltd and its products.
- Deposit linked insurance and credit guarantee Corporation (DICGC)
- insurance Amendment 2015: paid-up capital requirements, net owned funds, registration as public limited company, 49% shareholding by foreign investors (FDI and FII)- but it must remain Indian owned in Indian controlled.
- Will insurance Amendment 2015 increase the transparency and accountability in insurance industry? Arguments in favour and against.
- What is the insurance? IRDA’s norms on compulsory reinsurance? Provisions in Insurance Amendment 2015 to facilitate the entry of private sector re-insurers in India through 49% FDI and direct opening of branches.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/vKcoup8eZqU
L2/P13: IRDAI: structure function and reforms under Insurance amendment 2015
- Malhotra Committee and origin of insurance regulatory and development authority (IRDA)- structure, membership, functions
- how does insurance Amendment 2015 increase the powers and authority of IRDAI? Appellate structure above IRDAI?
- Investment pattern norms on insurance industry
- rural and social obligations on insurance industry
- Will insurance Amendment 2015 help in further rural penetration of insurance products? Arguments in favour and against
- Will insurance Amendment 2015 help in stabilising the balance of payment, and increase the investment in infrastructure? Arguments in favour and against.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/HNJKAxWBDCI
L2/P14: MicroInsurance, PM Jeevan Jyoti & Suraksha Bima Yojana
- micro-insurance: meaning and salient features
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY): salient features, eligibility, premium and compensation.
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY): salient features, eligibility, premium and compensation.
- How to memorise trivial factoids of above schemes, for stupid MCQs using Saif Ali Khan?
- Criticism against the three schemes launched by Modi: PMJJBY, PMSBY and Atal Pension Yojana.
- Insurance intermediaries: agents, corporate leaders, brokers, bancassurance, surveyors and loss assessors, third-party administrators (TPAs)- their eligibility conditions and new norms under insurance Amendment 2015 for protection of clients.
- Alternative distribution channels
- insurance council and changes made in insurance amendment 2015.
- tariff advisory committee
- grievance redressal mechanism in insurance sector: the report, consumer courts, insurance ombudsman vs. banking ombudsman.
- Mock question for Mains:Discuss the importance of Insurance amendments bill 2015 in bringing a framework for greater innovation, competition and transparency in Insurance sector of India
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/vTShfzYlwLI
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
Congrats Rajtanil Madam………… You deserve it…
did anybody fill aspf form?? pls reply it is getting stuck.
Thanks you,for your contribution through website, but you are not cover current like previously, it is a request from my side.
Can anybody tell me which is the best class for physics optional subject in Delhi??
Thanks in advance.
i amnt able to find these powerpoints in the link given above..
L2 has got only 6 parts..
sir pahle ki tarah written me kyu nahi upload karte ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ab you tu be me dekhna possible nahi ho pata hai,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is asetback for rural students who used to rely upon your article very much earlier
Hi Guys, Did anybody find “L2_P4_Corporate governance.ppt” related video lecture? Help me out if anybody find it.
Please try to give us text based lectures also like you previously did for so long.. Non hindi candidates are not able to follow your videos.. also Most of the rural students are using your website as a part of their preparations … its been very difficult for them to download videos thanks to network connectivity issues…
Hello Sir, I am not able to find any L2 PPT beyond L2/P6. I am looking for L2/P10 to L2/P14 .Kindly help.
Hello Mrunal Sir
I am from Mukherjee Nagar Delhi, Big Fan of yours
I thought i should tell you this
YOUR LECTURES ARE BEING SOLD HERE FOR Rs. 10 per LECTURE.
hello sir ..when will be bank exam GK apdated????…
Sir plz plz plz in addition to videos plz add text based note as you previously did….because it is really difficult to download or buffer your lecture on you tube….thanks to slow net speed…it will be really helpful
Plus there are many diffculties like slow loading etc when we opt for PowerPoint downloads
As the Insurance (Amendment) 2015 Act provides for restructuring of existing official representatives bodies like GIC and Life Insurance Council to enable them to operate more like an SRO. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has revamped the General Insurance Council (GI Council), the official representative body of 29 general insurers, with the addition of five new members. This development has taken place yesterday…
it is absolute problem, faced by every tyro group .its a humble request to mrunal sir ,”please, please” write in previous format so that it is equall accsible in low network area…..thank you very much
Your website is an excellent source of knowledge and information for all UPSC aspirants. Please keep up the good work. However, since this year, you have moved to Youtube video lecture approach. I personally feel the earlier text note based approach was better and helpful. It would be very nice if you can also follow the text-note approach in addition to the Youtube approach. I can download and print the notes and read, mark, personalize at convenience.
Mrunal, please help accessing L2 10 to 14 ppts.. they are not available in the mediafire storage..please help..thanks
Sir please upload the ppts of the insurance related videos as soon as possible.If they are already there please let me know ,as I couldn’t find them in the Download section.
Thanks Mrunal sir for sharing awesome vidio series…….. when we expect remaining lectures on banking and HRD which you mentioned during last lecture ? They will be released later or prior to prelim?
Download link on mediafire for ppt is not working
Anybody who has the files …kindly share
Please upload powerpoint slides (desktop user) for these lectures. Not able to locate them.