- AC2/P1: Temple Architecture- Odisha, Khajuraho, Solanki
- AC2/P2: Temple Architecture- Dravid, Vijaynagar,Hoysala
- AC2/P3: Medieval Architecture: Delhi Sultanate
- AC2/P4: Medieval Architecture: Mughal Sultanate
- Ms.Ishani Pandya (Rank 502/CSE-2014, ICLS) lecture on Mains GS1-Revision- Indian art and culture.
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download
AC2/P1: Temple Architecture- Odisha, Khajuraho, Solanki
- Revision of the previous lecture on Indus valley civilization; Mauryan and post-Mauryan period (Buddhist Art); Gupta age – Architecture and Sculpture; Gandhar-Mathura and Amravati schools.
- Phases of cave architecture
- Dravidian cave architecture – Dominant features.
- Kailasha temple
- Temple architecture and its five development stages.
- Styles of temples: Nagarr, Dravida and Vesara.
- Three subschools of Temple Architecture: (1) Odisha school (2) Chandella school/Khajuraho school (2) Solanki school-maru-gurjar school
- Modhera sun temple
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/zG8yTKBeUnA
AC2/P2: Temple Architecture- Dravid, Vijaynagar,Hoysala
- Dravid school of temple architecture
- Four styles of Dravidian architecture- (1) Pallava art (2) Chola art (3) Nayaka art (4) Vijayanagar art
- Vesara school of temple architecture
- Rashtrakuta school of art
- Sculpture of Gupta age
- Sculpture of Chola age
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/JMmaRoDh9Yc
AC2/P3: Medieval Architecture: Delhi Sultanate
- Features of Medieval Architecture: Trabeate style and Arcuate style
- Architecture under Delhi sultanate-(1)Slave dynasty (2) Khilji dynasty (3) Tughlaq dynasty (4) Lodhi dynasty
- Tomb Architecture
- Delhi sultanate-Provincial styles (1)Bengal school of art (2)Malwa school of Art (3)Jaunpur school of art (4)Bijapur school of art
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/17AwQHSBF58
AC2/P4: Medieval Architecture: Mughal Sultanate
- Features of Indo-Islamic architecture under Mughal period
- Pietra dura technique, Arabesque method
- Use of water in Mughal Architecture
- Charbagh style
- Architecture under the reign on Mughal Kings: Babur, Humayun, Akbar, Jahangir, Shahjahan , Aurangzeb
- Sikh form of architecture, Rajputana form of architecture
- Modern Indian architecture: Iberian style vs Gothic style, Indo gothic style, Neo roman style
- Contribution of lourie baker
- Green building in India
- Indira Paryavaran Bhawan
- Mains Question: It is argued that there is a need to re-write Indian history textbooks. Critically examine why and comment if such arguments have any merit. (200 Words)
- Mains Question: The crisis in Indian museums is less of resources and more of imagination and commitment./ critically comment. (200 Words)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/3Sy7Ql7ifU4
Visit Mrunal.org/HISTORY for more on India-World History and Culture.
thank u sir.. We will always be grateful for all that you have done to help us.
Thank you so much mam and sir….:)
Thank you sir and mam….
Thank you very much . please upload the ppts please for the above videos.
mrunal sir, can we expect sbi associate po and clerk recruitment this year????
Mrunal Sir please write an article on analysis of GS papers of BPSC for upcoming BPSC MAINS Exam to be held in 2-3 months. Particularly trend of Questions asked, how to correlate and connect National topics with State context. possible areas to be covered first.
it asks 8 Questions each worth 25 Marks.
About content and coverage please guide us so that we may clear mains also.
Most important it asks almost all questions connecting with the Context of Bihar. So how to use UPSC Preparation and how to include state related Facts.
We shall be very grateful to you for your Tips.
thank you sir for your selfless effort
sir..i m not finding recent cultural ppt in download folder. there are only two ppt of first and second lect. what is folder name for recent ppt of temp architech of south. thnx
Mrunal…..Divine Light o UPSC preparation
I have been following your website since 2011.
I couldn’t get past prelims for 4 attempts. But I finally cracked it this time. This dec 18 I am writing mains. Frankly I am giving everything I got.
Whether I clear the exam is immaterial. I got to write mains finally. That’s all is important.
I want to thank you a lot. You are the best teacher I have had in my life. One day I would definitely want to meet you personally and hug you. I am hoping that you read this message and have a smile in your face.
sir,only two ppt available in website.please update it
iam unable to download the powerpoint sum1 can pls telll where i can get the powepoints
please upload the polity videos.
Mrunal Sir, can you please upload Art &culture PPTs
Hello Sir, can you please upload Art &culture PPTs
Thanks for updating such meaningful information