- AC3/P1: Indian Paintings-Mural, miniature, mughal, malwa
- AC3/P2: Indian Music-Classical, folk, swara, raga, taal, hindustani, carnatic
- AC3/P3: Indian Dance-Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam
- Last Lecture of Ms.Ishani Pandya (Rank 502/CSE-2014, ICLS) on Mains GS1-Revision- Indian art and culture- covering the Indian music, dance and painting
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download
AC3/P1: Indian Paintings-Mural, miniature, mughal, malwa
- Indian painting – Mural paintings and Miniature paintings
- Mural paintings of Gupta age – Ajanta paintings, Ellora paintings and Bagh paintings
- Mural paintings of Vijayanagar empire -Lepakshi paintings
- Miniature painting -Technical rule for miniature painting and Features of Indian miniature painting
- Various types of miniature painting – 1. Pal school of miniature 2. Apabhransha school 3. Mughal painting 4. Regional schools
- Medieval paintings- Mughal paintings and Regional school
- Features of Mughal paintings
- Painting during the ruler of Mugal –1. Babur 2. Humayun 3. Akbar 4. Jahangir 5. Aurangzeb
- The Deccani Schools (1560-1800 A.D.)
- Regional school – Rajasthani school of painting ,Malwa school, Mewar school, Marwar school, Bundi school, Aamber– Jaipur school, Kotah school, Bikaner school, Kishangarh school
- Difference between Rajasthani style and Mughal style painting
- Pahari school of painting , Basohli school ,Kullu-mandi school ,Orissa school ,Kangra school , Thangka school
- South Indian Painting – (1) Tanjore school (2)Mysore school
- Folk paintings – Developed regionally
- Madhubani paintings – Mithila region,Bihar
- Pattachitra – Traditional painting of Orissa, India
- Kalamkari -Done by using kalam (pen)
- Warli paintings – Tribal paintings -Maharashtra region
- Manjusha paintings – Bhagalpur region,Bihar
- Patna qulam paintings
- Baazar paintings- Bengal region
- Modern painting – Western influence ,Started by Raja Ravi Varma
- Bengal school – Rabindranath Tagore
- M.F.Hussain – Picasso of India
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/2WLBDJ4vn1E
AC3/P2: Indian Music-Classical, folk, swara, raga, taal, hindustani, carnatic
- Indian Music – classical , Modern , Folk Music , Others(fusion of classical and folk)
- Pillars of Indian Musical system – Swara , Raga and Taal
- Classical Music – Hindustani style and Carnatic style
- Sub styles under Hindustani classical – Dhrupada ,Khayal ,Dhammar , Thumri ,Tarana , tappa
- Gharanas under Dhrupad style – 1)Dagar Gharana 2)Darbhanga Gharana 3)Betiah Gharana 4)Talwandi gharana
- Ghranas under khayal style – 1)Gwalior Gharana 2)Kirana Gharana 3)Patiala Gharana (4)Agra Gharana
- Other styles(fusion of classical and folk) – Sugam sangeet , Rabindra Sangeet ,Haveli sangeet , Gana sangeet
- Musical instruments – Ghana vadhya ,Taar vadhya ,Avanad vadhya , Sushir vadhya
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/wqbsp_x7208
AC3/P3: Indian Dance-Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam
- Indian Dance – Natyashastra and Basic aspects of dance
- Indian Classical dance – 1) Bharatnatyam 2) Kuchipudi 3) Kathakali 4),Mohiniattam , 5) Odishi 6) Manipuri 7) Kathak 8) Sattariyaa
- Indian puppetry – Types of puppetry :- String puppetry , Shadow puppetry, Glove puppetry , Rod puppetry
- Putul Nautch, West Bengal
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/ldReDTTeekM
This concludes Ms.Ishani Pandya’s lecture series on Indian art and culture.
Visit Mrunal.org/HISTORY for more on India-World History and Culture.
Thank You Ma’am….
Thank you so much Ishani ma’am and mrunal sir…Thanks a lot
thanks m’am…………….and thanks mrunal sir
Thank You Very Much. May God Bless all of you !
thnx mam & mrunal sir.
really very useful articles in terms of content, coverage and expression.
Kindly send me these highly important e mails in my language,” English” .
Please share your knowladge & information in hindi.
Sir mujhe hindi me civil services prlms ka notes chahiye.ya nhi to uska link btaiye jis se mai download kar padh saku.I m waiting for ur answer.
Thank You Ma’am…
The Series gets Conclude but I will miss your lectures.
Please try to Provide lectures On Medieval and Modern Indian History after Mains-2015.
Mrunal Sir, If Possible Please provide lectures on World History.
Doesn’t matter even if you provide after Mains 2015, as it will help us in our Next attempt.
Dear sir, if video not possible due to technical reason of previous lec, plss upload audio atleast. It is necessary to listen wht u say while gng thru ppt….
sir,power point of “indian art and culture section” is not available in the Download section. plz guide how to see the powerpoint
Mam / sir plz tell are the books that u have recommended enough for preparation or should I take coaching ….?
it is useful for upsc
Thank you Mam and Mrunal Sir
Is it important to remember various gharanas in Hindustani music? How worth it is to remember all these gharanas? And if incase question asked on any gharana then how it will be?
thank u so much mam
thnx alot mam n mrunal sir
can i write essay’s in urdu in upsc main’s paper 1…???
Could anyone please mail me the PPT for art & culture. Not able to open Mediafire server and didn’t find it on mrunal.org/download.
email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
sir none of mains revision articles are available in ppts. plz provide.
Sir provide ppts for art and culture plzzzzzzzzzz
Sir provide ppts for art and culture plzzzzzzzzzz